Windows 10: Brother Printer Not Working After Fresh Install of Windows

Discus and support Brother Printer Not Working After Fresh Install of Windows in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I reinstalled Windows 10 v2004 on my laptop and now my wireless Brother printer will not print, even though it's connected and the computer can see it.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SteveRoberts_101, Oct 21, 2020.

1. Brother Printer Not Working After Fresh Install of Windows

I reinstalled Windows 10 v2004 on my laptop and now my wireless Brother printer will not print, even though it's connected and the computer can see it. I can add the printer, manage but when I try to print, I quickly get an error. Clearing the print queue and printing a test page produces the same error.

I

- checked the printer itself is OK - it works with other computers on the same WiFi network

- have run the printer troubleshooter - it suggests I make Microsoft Print to PDF my default printer - not very helpful, thanks Microsoft.

- uninstalled the printer drivers, downloaded and installed latest Brother printer drivers.

- rebooted the printer and laptop after every change.

- checked for Windows updates - all up to date.

- checked the print spooler - is running. I have stopped and restarted, no improvement.

- temporarily disabled the firewall to see if that was blocking anything, but no.

- ran an antivirus check - no viruses

- cleaned the registry with CCleaner - no result

Note that this is a fresh Windows install - I can't roll back to anything.

Now what? Any ideas?

:)

SteveRoberts_101, Oct 21, 2020
  2. PiKo Win User

Brother Printer exists & works, but won't "Install" - Why?

Check whether I understood you well.
    First try: Add new printer, Windows finds printer and loads its own drivers/programme automatically. It wprks but not with the Brother drivers.
    Second try: Brother package: failed
    I suggest a third try: Add new printer; the printer that I wanted is not listed; continue and see of your model is listed. in the list of printers.
    I had difficulties with setting up another Brother printer, and the third try solved it.

3. cognus Win User
    Brother Printer exists & works, but won't "Install" - Why?

Gang I have really appreciated how Windows 10 can pickup devices on the network and get them working without the user even knowing what happened. Saves steps. With multifunction printers, however, it is better in some cases to run the Manufacturers software stack for key important key features, in this case scanning multiple pages into one PDF. I have not seen a case like this one: The Device, a Brother MFC-L2707dw, is working - windows dropped it into Devices & Printers with no intervention, both by USB, and later by WIFI. The basic functions work. It will print, scan, and copy. But all not well.

The info on the printer is not populated other than the basic ID: it gets the model correct, all other information missing in Windows Devices & Printers. Most importantly, in trying to install either the Basic Drivers package or the Full Features package from Brother [they only list those two in Downloads for Windows 10], I have to quit the install because it cannot detect the printer. Fails when connected by USB, and fails when connected only by WIFI [and the printer works on WIFI as well as USB]. Similarly, if I delete the Printer and then use the "Add Printer" in Windows Control Panel, Windows 10 cannot discover the device. [but it does... just not the prescribed way]

I have not tried this in Safe Mode - I assumed drivers would be squelched and the package would fail again.

Anyone have a suggestion here?

C

cognus, Oct 21, 2020
  4. Brother Printer Not Working After Fresh Install of Windows

Windows 10S Brother printer DCP-195C will not work

My printer has also stopped printing.

I followed the steps to uninstall the updates, and an error box popped up saying it wasn't installed. This happened for both updates.

I then went through the steps suggested on the brother website. I went to the microsoft site and downloaded the update. Then went to install it and it said it wouldnt work on my machine (windows 10). I tried the other 2 files just incase and had the same
    error.

I've emailed brother to see if they can help.

Also hoping that someone may have a suggestion for me on here? thanks in advance

Al

bigalogigalo, Oct 21, 2020
Thema:

Brother Printer Not Working After Fresh Install of Windows

1. Brother Printer Not Working After Fresh Install of Windows - Similar Threads - Brother Printer Working

2. Brother printer DCP-7030 is not working after the last windows update, installing...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Brother printer DCP-7030 is not working after the last windows update, installing...: Brother printer DCP-7030 is not working after the last windows update, installing KB4567523 did not help, the printer is always shown as offline...
  3. Brother Printers not working after Microsoft Update

Brother Printers not working after Microsoft Update: After on of the Microsoft Updates I cannot print to either of my two Brother printers. The file goes to the printer queue and then disappears without printing. I have a HP printer and that works fine. Is there a patch or fix? Need ASAP....
  4. Brother printer stopped working

Brother printer stopped working: My Brother printer model DCP-195C stopped working recently, I believe as a result of a Microsoft update. Will this printer problem be resolved by Microsoft in another update ?...
  5. Brother printer not printing after windows 10 install

Brother printer not printing after windows 10 install: Recently istalled Windows 10. I have a bRother MFC-5890CN printer that worked perfectly with Windows 7. I've uninstalled the software and intalled new and during start up got the messages "Installing new softeware" and " Brother MFC-5890CN is installed and ready for ue. I...
  6. Brother Printer Not Working

Brother Printer Not Working: Windows 10 has affected my printer. I need simple, easy directions to get my printer and PC to talk to each other again. Thank you! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brother-printer-not-working/a854253d-a2e0-46ee-a090-df5e19cd0e87
  7. Brother printer quit working after recent Windows update

Brother printer quit working after recent Windows update: We have a brand new 2 weeks old Brother HL-L3210CW printer that was working just fine until the recent Windows update in June. I spent a long time on the phone with a Brother tech who had me power cycle the printer, uninstall and reinstall drivers and printer...nothing works....
  8. Brother Printer exists & works, but won't "Install" - Why?

Brother Printer exists & works, but won't "Install" - Why?: Gang I have really appreciated how Windows 10 can pickup devices on the network and get them working without the user even knowing what happened. Saves steps. With multifunction printers, however, it is better in some cases to run the Manufacturers software stack for key...
  9. Brother Printer Install Failing

Brother Printer Install Failing: Good Morning Friends! :) I am trying to install a Brother 6200 on my Win 10 laptop, and getting a failure that I'm not sure how to resolve. I run the installer and then it quickly says "File or directory corrupted and unreadable." Which directory is it probably looking at...
  10. Brother printer wiFi installation

Brother printer wiFi installation: Cannot get my subject printer to operate on Windows 10. Model printer I HL-L2350DW which always remains "off-line". https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brother-printer-wifi-installation/c1fd0258-a339-463b-a35b-5e8c11be0ca5