Windows 10: Brother Printer not working with Latest Windows Update

Discus and support Brother Printer not working with Latest Windows Update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Windows 10 version 10.0.19042 build 19042 Feature update version 20H, Lenovo Laptop. Brother MFC J985DW. Tried the various out-of-band work arounds,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Ksan808, Dec 3, 2020.

1. Ksan808 Win User

Brother Printer not working with Latest Windows Update

Windows 10 version 10.0.19042 build 19042 Feature update version 20H, Lenovo Laptop. Brother MFC J985DW. Tried the various out-of-band work arounds, none work and most won't install. This is ridiculous. HELP!! My printer is only 3 years old.

:)

Ksan808, Dec 3, 2020
  2. PiKo Win User

Brother Printer exists & works, but won't "Install" - Why?

Check whether I understood you well.
    First try: Add new printer, Windows finds printer and loads its own drivers/programme automatically. It wprks but not with the Brother drivers.
    Second try: Brother package: failed
    I suggest a third try: Add new printer; the printer that I wanted is not listed; continue and see of your model is listed. in the list of printers.
    I had difficulties with setting up another Brother printer, and the third try solved it.

PiKo, Dec 3, 2020
  3. Windows 10S Brother printer DCP-195C will not work

My printer is a Brother DCP-197C and before I read about the Windows 10 Update 'stopping printing' issue, I downloaded the latest device drivers and printer software (DCP-197C on Windows 10) from the Brother website. I followed the Brother website instructions
    to uninstall all of the previous Brother printer software, including the device driver(s), and started from scratch; everything is reinstalled, so I know that my printer software is up to date. BUT the Brother DCP-197C still would not work and that is when
    I trawled the internet and found these posts about the Windows 10 Update 'stopping printing' issue. De-installing the Windows Update, following the advice in these posts, solved my problem BUT all my printer software is now up to date.

You might want to do the same thing; de-install the driver(s) and software for your printer, then re-install the latest Windows 10 versions from the Brother website to see if this solves your problem on Windows 10.

There may also be a third Windows 10 Update, not mentioned in these posts yet, that is causing perfectly OK printers to stop printing.

Christopher David Horner, Dec 3, 2020
  4. Brother Printer not working with Latest Windows Update

BROTHER PRINTER NOT WORKING WITH LATEST UPDATE (KILLED IT...)

My Brother DCP-385C printer has stopped working since the two updates were installed. I've selected KB4557957 and KB4560960 but see no option to the right of 'organize' to uninstall them. Any suggestions please?

Ignore the specifications below. I'm actually using Windows 10.

Tom Milligan (a), Dec 3, 2020
Thema:

Brother Printer not working with Latest Windows Update

1. Brother Printer not working with Latest Windows Update - Similar Threads - Brother Printer working

2. printer, since updating the latest windows update my brother WIFI printer is no longer...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    printer, since updating the latest windows update my brother WIFI printer is no longer...: I have tried re-installing brother driver software, resetting setup, and many other suggestions, why is it Microsoft don't have a work around or a patch to resolve this issue, it is clearly a result of the Windows update?Steve "O"...
  3. printer, since updating the latest windows update my brother WIFI printer is no longer...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    printer, since updating the latest windows update my brother WIFI printer is no longer...: I have tried re-installing brother driver software, resetting setup, and many other suggestions, why is it Microsoft don't have a work around or a patch to resolve this issue, it is clearly a result of the Windows update?Steve "O"...
  4. printer, since updating the latest windows update my brother WIFI printer is no longer...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Brother Printers not working after Microsoft Update

Brother Printers not working after Microsoft Update: After on of the Microsoft Updates I cannot print to either of my two Brother printers. The file goes to the printer queue and then disappears without printing. I have a HP printer and that works fine. Is there a patch or fix? Need ASAP....
  6. Brother Printer Not Working

Brother Printer Not Working: Windows 10 has affected my printer. I need simple, easy directions to get my printer and PC to talk to each other again. Thank you! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brother-printer-not-working/a854253d-a2e0-46ee-a090-df5e19cd0e87
  7. brother printer stopped working when updated

brother printer stopped working when updated: my laptop is running Windows 10 Pro, OS Build 19041.329 and Windows feature experience pack 120.2202.130.0 and my Brother MFC465CN will no longer work. when I was running Windows 10, 1909 with OS build 18363.863 it worked fine. what is going on. the laptop and printer do...
  8. Windows 10 update - Brother printer no longer working

Windows 10 update - Brother printer no longer working: My computer updated last week with the recommended windows updates. My brother printer is no longer working. I've done all the latest updates which I hoped might fix it. I've cleared the spool, drivers are up to date. What else can be done? The 'printer settings' page will...
  9. BROTHER PRINTER NOT WORKING WITH LATEST UPDATE KILLED IT...

BROTHER PRINTER NOT WORKING WITH LATEST UPDATE KILLED IT...: I have a Brother DCP-195C printer. The printer is a little old but it is supposed to have a windows 10 driver. It was working fine until you released the latest feature update 2004.. Now the printer says error with driver. Installing from brother the driver..it shows as...
  10. Brother Printer no longer printing following latest microsoft update.

Brother Printer no longer printing following latest microsoft update.: Following latest microsoft update 12/06/20 my Brother DCP-197C would no longer print. Requests would queue momenterily then vanish. I uninstalled update KB4560960 this fixed the problem. I have delayed further updated for one month. Will this fault be fixed by then?...