Windows 10: Brother Printer Not Working

Discus and support Brother Printer Not Working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Windows 10 has affected my printer. I need simple, easy directions to get my printer and PC to talk to each other again. Thank you!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by GloriaLavertu, Jun 30, 2020.

1. Brother Printer Not Working

Windows 10 has affected my printer. I need simple, easy directions to get my printer and PC to talk to each other again.

Thank you!

:)

GloriaLavertu, Jun 30, 2020
  2. cognus Win User

Brother Printer exists & works, but won't "Install" - Why?

Gang I have really appreciated how Windows 10 can pickup devices on the network and get them working without the user even knowing what happened. Saves steps. With multifunction printers, however, it is better in some cases to run the Manufacturers software stack for key important key features, in this case scanning multiple pages into one PDF. I have not seen a case like this one: The Device, a Brother MFC-L2707dw, is working - windows dropped it into Devices & Printers with no intervention, both by USB, and later by WIFI. The basic functions work. It will print, scan, and copy. But all not well.

The info on the printer is not populated other than the basic ID: it gets the model correct, all other information missing in Windows Devices & Printers. Most importantly, in trying to install either the Basic Drivers package or the Full Features package from Brother [they only list those two in Downloads for Windows 10], I have to quit the install because it cannot detect the printer. Fails when connected by USB, and fails when connected only by WIFI [and the printer works on WIFI as well as USB]. Similarly, if I delete the Printer and then use the "Add Printer" in Windows Control Panel, Windows 10 cannot discover the device. [but it does... just not the prescribed way]

I have not tried this in Safe Mode - I assumed drivers would be squelched and the package would fail again.

Anyone have a suggestion here?

C

cognus, Jun 30, 2020
  3. weamish Win User
    Brother printers - wireless connection

Yep, over the years I've contacted Brother by phone and online chat and email. They have a list of stock responses, none of which have solved the problem. Their printers work great when they're actually working. But the wireless issues are maddening. With other printer brands, my experience has been different - when the internet connection is restored, the printers automatically reconnect to the wifi SSID and work properly again, immediately. But for some reason this does not happen with Brother, even when their printers have reconnected.

weamish, Jun 30, 2020
  4. jacobacci Win User

Brother Printer Not Working

Brother MFC J6720DW listed with strange icon in Devices and Printers

I have reinstalled the drivers for my Brother MFC J6720DW and now the printer icon is listed in the unspecified category instead of the printer category. The printer is the "Device" icon to the right.

Brother Printer Not Working [​IMG]

Right clicking on the icon shows the usual items for a printer (printing properties etc.), In addition it shows a "Browse Files" entry that lists the card reader of the printer.

To the left of the Brother printer icon there is another similar one that seems to be my USB card reader

jacobacci, Jun 30, 2020
Thema:

Brother Printer Not Working

1. Brother Printer Not Working - Similar Threads - Brother Printer Working

2. Brother printer error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Brother printer error: Hi, the problem is my Brother DCP-T510W printer cannot print but scanner function is working. The answer download the printer driver. I went to the official website of Brother and downloaded the full package for printers and scanners especially for this type of printer. The...
  3. Brother printer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Brother printer: My Brother MFC235C printer does not work with Windows 11. Apparently, according to Brother, there is an update to fix this. Where can I get access to it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brother-printer/9671df8d-6654-451a-9a40-c937072572de
  4. Brother printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brother printer: My Brother MFC235C printer does not work with Windows 11. Apparently, according to Brother, there is an update to fix this. Where can I get access to it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brother-printer/9671df8d-6654-451a-9a40-c937072572de
  5. Brother printer

Brother printer: I can load my Brother printer software but it will not actually install, why?. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brother-printer/29dde689-b09c-4cbe-bfb4-acf6c49ac5d1
  6. Brother printer

Brother printer: when i send a print it comes out as A5 but all the settings appear to be A4. when i send it from another device the print is correct in A4. There must be a setting somewhere that needs to be changed, but i can't find it....
  7. Brother Printer

Brother Printer: I cannot get my printer to print anything from my laptop. The internet is unstable, so I have it cabled connected. It copies and work wireless to pint PDFs only. I've removed it and added the device again; still no luck. ugh...
  8. Brother printer stopped working

Brother printer stopped working: My Brother printer model DCP-195C stopped working recently, I believe as a result of a Microsoft update. Will this printer problem be resolved by Microsoft in another update ?...
  9. Brothers Printer

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Brothers Printer: How can I get my printer out of the sleep mode. I have turned it off and unplugged. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brothers-printer/0c169bef-076e-4dac-807e-5de947a33d1a
  10. Brother printers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Brother printers: Hi, I am a new Surface Go user - loving it so far. Just had a small hiccup installing a printer driver for my wireless printer. I've checked the Brother website, which shows my printer, HL-2270DW, is compatible with Windows 10 s, but the driver download is not available as...