Windows 10: Brother printer problem after Windows 10 update

Discus and support Brother printer problem after Windows 10 update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When I do a Print instruction, the file will not go to the print queue on my Brother MFC-465CN printer.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JohnCoombs1, Jun 28, 2020.

1. Brother printer problem after Windows 10 update

When I do a Print instruction, the file will not go to the print queue on my Brother MFC-465CN printer.

:)

JohnCoombs1, Jun 28, 2020
  2. topgundcp Win User

Can't Access networked Brother Laser printer- To print or use Web I/f

Not all Printer drivers are included in the installation media. Even mine (Brother HL-4040CN), you would need to manually add it to the list:

1. Control Panel->Devices and Printers->Add a Printer
    2. Follow the steps to set up a network printer. At one point, Windows will search for available printer, click on "The printer that I want isn't listed"
    3. Click on "Windows Updates". Windows will start downloading a complete list of Printers.
    4. Select your printer name & model then install.

EDIT: Just tried to install as a USB printer for MFC-7820N since I don't have this printer to set up as a network printer. The result as shown in the list after clicking on "Windows Update":

Brother printer problem after Windows 10 update [​IMG]

topgundcp, Jun 28, 2020
  3. Windows 10 update cause printer problem with: "Printer not activated - Error - 20"

Hi John,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing the printer after the Windows Update, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • How is the printer connected to the computer, locally or through network?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this issue?

I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to update the drivers for printer and check.

• Right click on the Start button from the desktop and select
      Device Manager.

• Locate and expand Print queue.

• Right-click on the printer driver
      that is listed and click Update driver software.

Step 2: I suggest you to run the printer troubleshooter from
    Fix printer problems
    and then check if this fixes the issue.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 28, 2020
  4. Jan123 Win User

Brother printer problem after Windows 10 update

Windows 10 Home Won't Print to Remote Printer

I have three computers.
    Machine 1: Windows 10 pro, has the USB Brother HL-5040 printer
    Machine 2: Windows 10 pro, prints OK to the remote printer.
    Machine 3: Windows 10 home, Used to print, but not anymore (THIS IS THE PROBLEM).
    I’ve tried everything that I can think of, and would appreciate any suggestions.
    I did these steps on Machine 3 that did not work.

1. Remove the printer device.
    2. Add a Printer
    3. The printer that I want isn’t listed
    4. Select a shared printer by name
    5. Browse
    6. Select the displayed Machine 1.
    7. Select the displayed Printer.
    8. Next
    9. Failure “Connect to Printer”.
    10. Add a printer using a TCP/IP address or Hostname
    11. Next
    12. Set Hostname to Machine 2, and set port name.
    13. Detecting TCP/IP Port
    14. Additional Port information required.
    15. Device Type – Standard, Brother Port Server
    16. Next
    17. Detecting the Driver Model
    18. Install The Print Driver
    19. Select Brother and Brother HL-5040
    20. Next
    21. Replace the Current Driver
    22. Printer Name (setting it to HL-5040)
    23. Next
    24. Do not share this printer
    25. Next
    26. You’ve successfully added “HL-5040”
    27. Finish
    Printing on Machine 3 puts the document in the print queue, which reports error printing.
    Printing from Machine 2 to the printer on Machine 1 works perfectly.
    All three machines are in the same HomeGroup. Machine 3 can access the shared files from Machine 1.

Jan123, Jun 28, 2020
Thema:

Brother printer problem after Windows 10 update

1. Brother printer problem after Windows 10 update - Similar Threads - Brother printer problem

2. Printer problems with HL-5340D Brother printer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printer problems with HL-5340D Brother printer: Brother - Printers - Brother HL-5340D series driver was downloaded on my Windows 11 computer yesterday from WINDOWS UPDATE. I printed a test page. But I cannot get it to print anything else. Brother does not support Windows 11 for this printer. Why was I able to print a test...
  3. Printer problems with HL-5340D Brother printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer problems with HL-5340D Brother printer: Brother - Printers - Brother HL-5340D series driver was downloaded on my Windows 11 computer yesterday from WINDOWS UPDATE. I printed a test page. But I cannot get it to print anything else. Brother does not support Windows 11 for this printer. Why was I able to print a test...
  4. Brother MFC240 Printer and Windows Update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Brother MFC240 Printer and Windows Update: After a Windows 10 update today KF4023057 my Brother MFC240 Printer "is not talking" to my computer. I can make copies, but can't print from my computer. Printing function worked with the computer yesterday. Anyone else have this issue after the Windows update? This happened...
  5. Brother Printer

Brother Printer: I cannot get my printer to print anything from my laptop. The internet is unstable, so I have it cabled connected. It copies and work wireless to pint PDFs only. I've removed it and added the device again; still no luck. ugh...
  6. Brother Printers not working after Microsoft Update

Brother Printers not working after Microsoft Update: After on of the Microsoft Updates I cannot print to either of my two Brother printers. The file goes to the printer queue and then disappears without printing. I have a HP printer and that works fine. Is there a patch or fix? Need ASAP....
  7. Brother printer not printing after windows 10 install

Brother printer not printing after windows 10 install: Recently istalled Windows 10. I have a bRother MFC-5890CN printer that worked perfectly with Windows 7. I've uninstalled the software and intalled new and during start up got the messages "Installing new softeware" and " Brother MFC-5890CN is installed and ready for ue. I...
  8. My brothers printer unable to print after windows update\.

My brothers printer unable to print after windows update\.: My brothers printer was working ok suddenly stop printing. I have uninstalled and re installed the Brothers program 2 or 3 times and also the drivers. still. nothing. I read that after a windows update it has happened to a few printers. Is there anything that I can do? I do...
  9. Brother printer quit working after recent Windows update

Brother printer quit working after recent Windows update: We have a brand new 2 weeks old Brother HL-L3210CW printer that was working just fine until the recent Windows update in June. I spent a long time on the phone with a Brother tech who had me power cycle the printer, uninstall and reinstall drivers and printer...nothing works....
  10. Windows 10 update - Brother printer no longer working

Windows 10 update - Brother printer no longer working: My computer updated last week with the recommended windows updates. My brother printer is no longer working. I've done all the latest updates which I hoped might fix it. I've cleared the spool, drivers are up to date. What else can be done? The 'printer settings' page will...