Windows 10: Brother Printer & Scanner MFC-J6510DW

Discus and support Brother Printer & Scanner MFC-J6510DW in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My Brothers printer and scanner No. MFC-J6510DW. I am able to print a document but not able to scan a document. This is a new laptop which does not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by wilfred lowe, Apr 13, 2024.

1. Brother Printer & Scanner MFC-J6510DW

My Brothers printer and scanner No. MFC-J6510DW. I am able to print a document but not able to scan a document. This is a new laptop which does not show the scan function. How do I get this to work?

:)

wilfred lowe, Apr 13, 2024

2. Scanner on Brother MFC-465CN refuses to run - printer works fine.

Trying to get the scanner on my Brother MFC-465CN to run, but having no luck at all.

Have tried all solutions listed on this thread (Redirecting) - but cannot get the scanner to work. Had no trouble getting the printer to work.

The Brother MFC-465CN machine is connected via USB cable to my computer. I am running Windows 10 Home - 64bit version 21H2.

• I have tried installing numerous drivers, checking the scanner after each installation, without success
    • tried running setup programs normally, as well as in 'Compatibility mode' (compatible with Windows 7 - as well as running them as Admin.)
    • tried disabling my firewall
    • tried keeping the machine off & unplugged until just before driver was installed
    Any new help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Rob Beatty, Apr 13, 2024
  3. jacobacci Win User
    Brother MFC J6720DW listed with strange icon in Devices and Printers

I have reinstalled the drivers for my Brother MFC J6720DW and now the printer icon is listed in the unspecified category instead of the printer category. The printer is the "Device" icon to the right.

Brother Printer & Scanner MFC-J6510DW 256675d1574749543t-brother-mfc-j6720dw-listed-strange-icon-devices-printers-printer.jpg

Right clicking on the icon shows the usual items for a printer (printing properties etc.), In addition it shows a "Browse Files" entry that lists the card reader of the printer.

Brother Printer & Scanner MFC-J6510DW 256676d1574749967t-brother-mfc-j6720dw-listed-strange-icon-devices-printers-printer2.jpg

To the left of the Brother printer icon there is another similar one that seems to be my USB card reader

Brother Printer & Scanner MFC-J6510DW 256677d1574750201t-brother-mfc-j6720dw-listed-strange-icon-devices-printers-cardreader2.jpg

jacobacci, Apr 13, 2024
  4. Brother Printer & Scanner MFC-J6510DW

brother MFC model DCP7030 scanner not compatable in windows10

i have trying to install Brother MFC model DCP-7030 in my ne windows laptop. windows upgraded to Anniversary addition.

the printer in the device is working but the scanner is not communicating. the driver suggested by Brother is installed but error continues.

Dayal Dass, Apr 13, 2024
Thema:

Brother Printer & Scanner MFC-J6510DW

1. Brother Printer & Scanner MFC-J6510DW - Similar Threads - Brother Printer Scanner

2. Brother Printer & Scanner MFC-J6510DW

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brother Printer & Scanner MFC-J6510DW: My Brothers printer and scanner No. MFC-J6510DW. I am able to print a document but not able to scan a document. This is a new laptop which does not show the scan function. How do I get this to work?...
  3. Brother MFC L6800 Scanner not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Brother MFC L6800 Scanner not working: I am running windows 10 and have a Brother MFC L6800 printer/scanner. I have scanned many things on this computer last week. Today it says connect a scanner to get started. I'm using the windows scan app from the Microsoft store. In my settings it says it is connected for...
  4. Brother MFC L6800 Scanner not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brother MFC L6800 Scanner not working: I am running windows 10 and have a Brother MFC L6800 printer/scanner. I have scanned many things on this computer last week. Today it says connect a scanner to get started. I'm using the windows scan app from the Microsoft store. In my settings it says it is connected for...
  5. Brother MFC L6800 Scanner not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Brother Printer MFC-J220

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Brother Printer MFC-J220: Brother Printer MFC-J220 still not working and now am getting messages that there's an error in Windows. I was following on from another Brother printer help. Why can't Microsoft send the update to correct this problem. In a way I'm glad I'm not on my own but come on...
  7. Brother MFC-465CN Printer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Brother MFC-465CN Printer: Hi there, since 2 days ago when Microsoft 365 was updated, I can no longer print but I can still scan. TIA https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brother-mfc-465cn-printer/c38e4789-4843-4cac-9aae-42560fce4134
  8. Brothers MFC-885CW printer

Brothers MFC-885CW printer: I try reconnecting to WIFI with no luck. I tried all trouble shooting methods, to no avail. When I do port configuration it gives me a message that an error occurred during port configuration. Any help would be much appreciated....
  9. Brother printer MFC-J6730DW

Brother printer MFC-J6730DW: Loading A3 paper into front of machine tray 2 in portrait position. Detailing landscape print on full page but will only print landscape across A3 page. Have tried to rotate image before print but no change. Please help....
  10. Using Brother MFC-J6510DW scanner on Windows 10

Using Brother MFC-J6510DW scanner on Windows 10: I have used this printer and scanner for over a year but it no longer recognises the scanner as present. I have attempted to reinstall the Brother drivers several times but it fails to work. Any advice....