Windows 10: Brother printer/scanner: "Scanner can't be found" and I'm unable to install driver.

Discus and support Brother printer/scanner: "Scanner can't be found" and I'm unable to install driver. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi. I have a brother printer/scanner. It has been working fine on Windows 10 since I bought it however suddenly today, after wanting to scan something,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by didee1210, Jul 30, 2019.

1. didee1210 Win User

Brother printer/scanner: "Scanner can't be found" and I'm unable to install driver.

Hi. I have a brother printer/scanner. It has been working fine on Windows 10 since I bought it however suddenly today, after wanting to scan something, it told me that the scanner couldn't be found. I can print, I can see the ink remaining - can't scan. I spent over 2 hours on the phone to Brother and remote support and Windows is just not letting me install the scanner driver. In device manager under Imaging devices it shows the printer make and model with a ! on it. The error is apparently a common one "A driver (service) for this device has been disabled. An alternative driver may be providing this functionality. (Code 32)" however, I cannot find any information on how to enable it. I need my scanner. The brother tech said it was a windows problem to do with perhaps Windows Image Acquisition but it's all running ok. If I add a windows usb scanner, I still get the same error message. Can anyone help with this. Thank you in advance.

* Original title: SCANNER

:)

didee1210, Jul 30, 2019

2. icon for brothers printer and scanner

I had to reinstall my brother printer and scanner my icon is no longer on desktop. I need it to use the scanner. Any suggestions

JaniceCorrall, Jul 30, 2019
  3. andrewsc Win User
    clone the Scanner driver for Brother MFC665CW

After lots of hiding behind bombastic sales-blurbs, Brother admits that my trusted 9-year old printer won't be able to scan over the network into Windows 10 (they only support USB connection for W10).

But one of the computers in my home knows better. It happily scans from my networked Brother printer-scanner, over WiFi. This computer started life as Windows 7, and I upgraded it to Windows 10 in December 2015. By now I got two other machines running Windows 10, and they can't scan. Actually, the scanner is recognised in both PaperPort 9 and the Windows Scan program. But they are unable to receive any data from the scanner.

Is there any way to somehow clone the scanner-related files from the computer which works to the one(s) which doesn't work ? One of the targets is a new creation, freshly upgraded from 7 to 10 on an otherwise empty disk. So, it's a low-risk exercise, there is nothing to lose if I stuff up the destination. But I'm hanging on to the "source" which works.

andrewsc, Jul 30, 2019
  4. Brother printer/scanner: "Scanner can't be found" and I'm unable to install driver.

scanning from brother printer/scanner to new laptop

What is the make and model of the brother printer/scanner?

Please try the steps recommended below to uninstall printer software

Press Windows key + X, click Apps & Features or Programs and Features

Select your Brother printer.

Select Uninstall.

Press Windows key + R, type control, hit Enter

Open Devices and Printers.

In the Devices and Printers window look for your Brother Printer. If you see it listed, right-click on it and choose "Delete" or "Remove Device.”

Open up the run command with the "Windows Key + R" key combo.

Type printui.exe /s and click OK.

Click on Drivers tab.

Look for Brother Printer driver. If you see it click on it and click Remove at the bottom.

Select OK.

Select Apply and OK on the Print Server Properties windows.

Close Devices and Printers.

Proceed to reinstall the driver.

Andre Da Costa, Jul 30, 2019
Thema:

Brother printer/scanner: "Scanner can't be found" and I'm unable to install driver.

1. Brother printer/scanner: "Scanner can't be found" and I'm unable to install driver. - Similar Threads - Brother printer scanner

2. Brother Printer & Scanner MFC-J6510DW

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Brother Printer & Scanner MFC-J6510DW: My Brothers printer and scanner No. MFC-J6510DW. I am able to print a document but not able to scan a document. This is a new laptop which does not show the scan function. How do I get this to work?...
  3. Brother Printer/Scanner

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Brother Printer/Scanner: Brother Printer/Scanner no longer communicates with my computer after recent updates https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brother-printerscanner/9ae15932-75c7-419f-a8fb-5114f1154691
  4. Brother Printer/Scanner

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brother Printer/Scanner: Brother Printer/Scanner no longer communicates with my computer after recent updates https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brother-printerscanner/9ae15932-75c7-419f-a8fb-5114f1154691
  5. Brother Printer/Scanner

6. Brother Printer Scanner HL-L2390DW

Brother Printer Scanner HL-L2390DW: My Surface communicates thru Wifi. The printer works but I get a message that no scanner found. How can I get my scanner to work? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brother-printer-scanner-hl-l2390dw/b2570b5b-e9d4-418b-8c5d-979abfc39e58
  7. Brother printer/scanner MFC5895CW

Brother printer/scanner MFC5895CW: Is Brother printer/scanner MFC5895CW compatible to Windows 10? The device is installed, the printer works but not the scanner https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brother-printerscanner-mfc5895cw/ac8d25f6-539c-4d71-9b13-f82cd9d0b732
  8. Brother printer/scanner

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Brother printer/scanner: Can anybody help? I have just come back from holiday and the scanner appears to have stopped working. I am using the ControlCentre4 and it keeps coming up with an error code saying printer not found. The code is CC4-202. The printer is being picked up when I print and...
  9. icon for brothers printer and scanner

icon for brothers printer and scanner: I had to reinstall my brother printer and scanner my icon is no longer on desktop. I need it to use the scanner. Any suggestions https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icon-for-brothers-printer-and-scanner/6a922a25-07f4-4e47-9e18-dc8741020eb6
  10. Brother printer scanner

in Windows 10 Customization
    Brother printer scanner: The printer works ok, but I cant scan/file or email. The message I get is "Unable to write the file to destination folder Brother say its a Microsoft issue. I am the sole user of my computer, and the only administrator Its so bad, I will have to buy another printer as...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to scan printer

2. unable to install scanner from printer

3. i still cant use my brother scanner i just boight

4. brother scanne cant be found