Windows 10: Brother printer still can not be connected

Discus and support Brother printer still can not be connected in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My Brother MFC-6490CW has not worked since the May-June security update. I am running Windows 10 2004 version and am seriously in the need for someone... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by WarwickCampey1, Jul 16, 2020.

1. Brother printer still can not be connected

My Brother MFC-6490CW has not worked since the May-June security update. I am running Windows 10 2004 version and am seriously in the need for someone to tell me how to get my printer working again. The 1909 and 2004 patches suggested both return a "not suitable for your system " reply.

:)

WarwickCampey1, Jul 16, 2020
  2. weamish Win User

Brother printers - wireless connection

I have two Brother printers: HL-2270DW and MFC-L2700DW. If the internet connection goes out for any reason, it's a nightmare for both printers. When the internet connection is restored, they still will not print, even when the WLAN report says Connection OK. But here's the worst part - there seems to be nothing I can do to fix this, except to wait. Eventually they'll start working normally again, and I have no idea why. Could be a few hours or maybe a few days, but then all of a sudden they're back. Until the next outage. Even a complete reinstall doesn't always work (and is obviously a pain to go thru each time). Any suggestions? Thanks!

weamish, Jul 16, 2020
  3. weamish Win User
    Brother printers - wireless connection

Yep, over the years I've contacted Brother by phone and online chat and email. They have a list of stock responses, none of which have solved the problem. Their printers work great when they're actually working. But the wireless issues are maddening. With other printer brands, my experience has been different - when the internet connection is restored, the printers automatically reconnect to the wifi SSID and work properly again, immediately. But for some reason this does not happen with Brother, even when their printers have reconnected.

weamish, Jul 16, 2020
  4. Jan123 Win User

Brother printer still can not be connected

Windows 10 Home Won't Print to Remote Printer

I have three computers.
    Machine 1: Windows 10 pro, has the USB Brother HL-5040 printer
    Machine 2: Windows 10 pro, prints OK to the remote printer.
    Machine 3: Windows 10 home, Used to print, but not anymore (THIS IS THE PROBLEM).
    I’ve tried everything that I can think of, and would appreciate any suggestions.
    I did these steps on Machine 3 that did not work.

1. Remove the printer device.
    2. Add a Printer
    3. The printer that I want isn’t listed
    4. Select a shared printer by name
    5. Browse
    6. Select the displayed Machine 1.
    7. Select the displayed Printer.
    8. Next
    9. Failure “Connect to Printer”.
    10. Add a printer using a TCP/IP address or Hostname
    11. Next
    12. Set Hostname to Machine 2, and set port name.
    13. Detecting TCP/IP Port
    14. Additional Port information required.
    15. Device Type – Standard, Brother Port Server
    16. Next
    17. Detecting the Driver Model
    18. Install The Print Driver
    19. Select Brother and Brother HL-5040
    20. Next
    21. Replace the Current Driver
    22. Printer Name (setting it to HL-5040)
    23. Next
    24. Do not share this printer
    25. Next
    26. You’ve successfully added “HL-5040”
    27. Finish
    Printing on Machine 3 puts the document in the print queue, which reports error printing.
    Printing from Machine 2 to the printer on Machine 1 works perfectly.
    All three machines are in the same HomeGroup. Machine 3 can access the shared files from Machine 1.

Jan123, Jul 16, 2020
Thema:

Brother printer still can not be connected

1. Brother printer still can not be connected - Similar Threads - Brother printer still

2. Brother printer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Brother printer: My Brother MFC235C printer does not work with Windows 11. Apparently, according to Brother, there is an update to fix this. Where can I get access to it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brother-printer/9671df8d-6654-451a-9a40-c937072572de
  3. Brother printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brother printer: My Brother MFC235C printer does not work with Windows 11. Apparently, according to Brother, there is an update to fix this. Where can I get access to it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brother-printer/9671df8d-6654-451a-9a40-c937072572de
  4. Brother printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Brother printer: I can load my Brother printer software but it will not actually install, why?. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brother-printer/29dde689-b09c-4cbe-bfb4-acf6c49ac5d1
  5. Brother printer

Brother printer: when i send a print it comes out as A5 but all the settings appear to be A4. when i send it from another device the print is correct in A4. There must be a setting somewhere that needs to be changed, but i can't find it....
  6. Brother Printer

Brother Printer: I cannot get my printer to print anything from my laptop. The internet is unstable, so I have it cabled connected. It copies and work wireless to pint PDFs only. I've removed it and added the device again; still no luck. ugh...
  7. Brother printer not connecting

Brother printer not connecting: I cannot get my printer up and running. I removed the update KB4560960 per instructions on the Brother website for my printer MFC-845CW. I restarted my computer, restarted my printer, ran the Microsoft Troubleshooter, no problem detected. No communication between my PC and...
  8. connecting L2300D brother printer to wifi

connecting L2300D brother printer to wifi: I'm setting up a new printer & can't figure out how to set it to wifi https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connecting-l2300d-brother-printer-to-wifi/c44b3add-5dc3-45b0-88e9-9580216c86a3
  9. Brother printers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Brother printers: Hi, I am a new Surface Go user - loving it so far. Just had a small hiccup installing a printer driver for my wireless printer. I've checked the Brother website, which shows my printer, HL-2270DW, is compatible with Windows 10 s, but the driver download is not available as...
  10. Brother printers - wireless connection

Brother printers - wireless connection: I have two Brother printers: HL-2270DW and MFC-L2700DW. If the internet connection goes out for any reason, it's a nightmare for both printers. When the internet connection is restored, they still will not print, even when the WLAN report says Connection OK. But here's the...