Windows 10: Brother printer stopped working because of Win10 update...and now I can't uninstall it.

Discus and support Brother printer stopped working because of Win10 update...and now I can't uninstall it. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I was able to follow the advice of Brother CS and uninstall the recent update. I was able to use the Brother printer again. I was instructed to delay... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by CraigSchade, Jun 23, 2020.

1. Brother printer stopped working because of Win10 update...and now I can't uninstall it.

I was able to follow the advice of Brother CS and uninstall the recent update. I was able to use the Brother printer again. I was instructed to delay any updates until MS was able to fix the problem b/w them and Brother MFC5890CN printer. Well 2 days later another update occurred and the same problem came up. When I tried to uninstall it again it gave an error about 1/2 way through and was not able to unstall the 6/22 update. Printer does not work. What do I do to correct the problem, and to uninstall the latest update? I've already delayed the next update until mid July.

:)

CraigSchade, Jun 23, 2020

2. Brother printer stopped working

Hi Brian,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• Did you make any changes prior to the issue?

I understand your concern however, I would suggest you to run Print Troubleshooter. The built-in Printer Troubleshooter can automatically detect and fix most of the incorrect settings and errors that could cause issues while
    printing. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if there is any issue with the sound. Refer top these steps:

• Click on Troubleshooting and select the
      view all option on the left pane.
    • Click on Printer troubleshooter and follow the online instructions.

Post that make sure that the Print Spooler service is enabled.

• Press Windows +
      R
      and type in services.msc then press Enter

• Right-click the Print spooler service, and then click
      Properties.

• Now stop and start the service.

Please follow the troubleshooting steps in the link below to fix printer problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/...1&v2h=win7tab1&v3h=winvistatab1&v4h=winxptab1

Let us know how it goes, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Regards.

SujataMoktan, Jun 23, 2020
  3. Win10 update changes printer driver. Can no longer use duplex capacity of my Brother HL-2270DW.

Please fix this. I have had same problem for more than a year. Why do you change the printer driver when you update win10?

And change it to the wrong driver?

I have followed all the suggested steps

none worked.

Uninstalled printer in Device Manager

now win10 doesn't see printer at all

I am back to square one, downloading software from Brother

sometimes takes two days, with their help, to get that to work.

You keep telling me you are making Win10 better with upgrades

that is not my experience. You are just wasting my precious time

Please fix this problem, or tell me how to change settings so it doesn't happen again

AllanLindh, Jun 23, 2020
  4. Brother printer stopped working because of Win10 update...and now I can't uninstall it.

Win7 drivers for brother MFC6490 not working and not uninstallable in WIN10 environment

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the issue that you are currently facing, we will try the best we can to resolve your issue.

Before providing any assistance, I would like you to answer the questions stated below:

• Are you receiving any error message or code?
    I suggest you to stop the print spooler service and start and then try uninstalling drivers from device manager and check if that helps.

Please refer the steps for the same

Steps 1:

• Open Run Command (Windows button + R) and hit Enter.
    • In the dialog box, type “services.msc”. Once the window opens locate and click on
      “Print Spooler”.
    • On the General tab, click on Stop and then
      Start.

I suggest that you un-install and re-install the printer drivers and check if the error exists.

• Click on the Start button, and type “Device Manager” on the search bar.
    • Open Device Manager, expand "Printer”
    • Find and double-click driver from the left panel to uninstall.
    • Right-click the device, and click Uninstall.
    • Windows will prompt you to confirm the device’s removal. Click
      OK
      to remove the driver.
    • After the uninstallation is complete, reboot your computer.
    • After you have successfully uninstalled the driver, please go to the computer manufacturer’s website, download the Windows 10 driver for your computer and check.
    If the driver is unavailable download the driver for 8.1 and run it in compatibility mode.

Step2:

I would also suggest you to open command prompt in
    administrator mode and then type :

printui /s /t2

and then try deleting the printers.

Refer to the links below and check if it helps.

Downloads | MFC-6490CW | United States | Brother

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

Anup Karkal, Jun 23, 2020
Thema:

Brother printer stopped working because of Win10 update...and now I can't uninstall it.

1. Brother printer stopped working because of Win10 update...and now I can't uninstall it. - Similar Threads - Brother printer stopped

2. Brother Printer not working with Latest Windows Update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Brother Printer not working with Latest Windows Update: Windows 10 version 10.0.19042 build 19042 Feature update version 20H, Lenovo Laptop. Brother MFC J985DW. Tried the various out-of-band work arounds, none work and most won't install. This is ridiculous. HELP!! My printer is only 3 years old....
  3. Uninstalled Bluetooth Because It Wouldn't Work; Now I Can't Reinstall :(

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Uninstalled Bluetooth Because It Wouldn't Work; Now I Can't Reinstall :(: Hello my friends, Oh boy am I in a pickle...So Bluetooth (BT) stopped working, the option to turn it on and off wouldn't appear anywhere, not in the settings menu and not in the action center. So I went to Device Manager >> Bluetooth >> and uninstalled the Intel® Wireless...
  4. Brother printer stopped working

Brother printer stopped working: My Brother printer model DCP-195C stopped working recently, I believe as a result of a Microsoft update. Will this printer problem be resolved by Microsoft in another update ?...
  5. Brother DCP-135C Printer stopped working

Brother DCP-135C Printer stopped working: For some reason my printer has stopped working. The document is in the queue for the printer and then disappears as if it has been printed but it has not. The same happens with a test print too. I understand that there was a recent update and that that has caused some...
  6. Brother Printer Not Working

Brother Printer Not Working: Windows 10 has affected my printer. I need simple, easy directions to get my printer and PC to talk to each other again. Thank you! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brother-printer-not-working/a854253d-a2e0-46ee-a090-df5e19cd0e87
  7. brother printer stopped working when updated

brother printer stopped working when updated: my laptop is running Windows 10 Pro, OS Build 19041.329 and Windows feature experience pack 120.2202.130.0 and my Brother MFC465CN will no longer work. when I was running Windows 10, 1909 with OS build 18363.863 it worked fine. what is going on. the laptop and printer do...
  8. my brother laser and brother inkjet printers stop working everytime there is a Win10...

my brother laser and brother inkjet printers stop working everytime there is a Win10...: How can I prevent Microsoft updates wrecking my computer every time they occur? My printer drivers have to be deleted and reinstalled just about every month this year so why can't Microsoft just do 1 update a year and only security updates? This month my new HP computer...
  9. Brother HL-5140 Printer suddenly stopped working.

Brother HL-5140 Printer suddenly stopped working.: It's actually been about a week that I haven't used my printer, coz I've been printing in the office. But today I had to print and suddenly it wasn't responding. Kept saying it was offline... so I decided to delete the printer then reattach the USB cable on it, hoping...
  10. Unable to get Brother Printer drivers working in Win10

Unable to get Brother Printer drivers working in Win10: After upgrade from 7 to 10 my 2 brother printers were visible and apparently ready. The HL2270DW would not print - just spooled forever but the MFCJ825DW worked. I tried using the Brother uninstall tool to remove the laser driver then installed the W8.1 package for it. Would...