Windows 10: brother printer stopped working when updated

Discus and support brother printer stopped working when updated in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; my laptop is running Windows 10 Pro, OS Build 19041.329 and Windows feature experience pack 120.2202.130.0 and my Brother MFC465CN will no longer work.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by marshallwilliams3, Jun 20, 2020.

1. brother printer stopped working when updated

my laptop is running Windows 10 Pro, OS Build 19041.329 and Windows feature experience pack 120.2202.130.0 and my Brother MFC465CN will no longer work. when I was running Windows 10, 1909 with OS build 18363.863 it worked fine. what is going on. the laptop and printer do not communicate at all. Dead! what do I need to do to fix the problem caused by the recent update?

:)

marshallwilliams3, Jun 20, 2020

2. Brother printer stopped working

Hi Brian,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• Did you make any changes prior to the issue?

I understand your concern however, I would suggest you to run Print Troubleshooter. The built-in Printer Troubleshooter can automatically detect and fix most of the incorrect settings and errors that could cause issues while
    printing. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if there is any issue with the sound. Refer top these steps:

• Click on Troubleshooting and select the
      view all option on the left pane.
    • Click on Printer troubleshooter and follow the online instructions.

Post that make sure that the Print Spooler service is enabled.

• Press Windows +
      R
      and type in services.msc then press Enter

• Right-click the Print spooler service, and then click
      Properties.

• Now stop and start the service.

Please follow the troubleshooting steps in the link below to fix printer problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/...1&v2h=win7tab1&v3h=winvistatab1&v4h=winxptab1

Let us know how it goes, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Regards.

SujataMoktan, Jun 21, 2020
  3. cognus Win User
    Brother Printer exists & works, but won't "Install" - Why?

Gang I have really appreciated how Windows 10 can pickup devices on the network and get them working without the user even knowing what happened. Saves steps. With multifunction printers, however, it is better in some cases to run the Manufacturers software stack for key important key features, in this case scanning multiple pages into one PDF. I have not seen a case like this one: The Device, a Brother MFC-L2707dw, is working - windows dropped it into Devices & Printers with no intervention, both by USB, and later by WIFI. The basic functions work. It will print, scan, and copy. But all not well.

The info on the printer is not populated other than the basic ID: it gets the model correct, all other information missing in Windows Devices & Printers. Most importantly, in trying to install either the Basic Drivers package or the Full Features package from Brother [they only list those two in Downloads for Windows 10], I have to quit the install because it cannot detect the printer. Fails when connected by USB, and fails when connected only by WIFI [and the printer works on WIFI as well as USB]. Similarly, if I delete the Printer and then use the "Add Printer" in Windows Control Panel, Windows 10 cannot discover the device. [but it does... just not the prescribed way]

I have not tried this in Safe Mode - I assumed drivers would be squelched and the package would fail again.

Anyone have a suggestion here?

C

cognus, Jun 21, 2020
  4. topgundcp Win User

brother printer stopped working when updated

Can't Access networked Brother Laser printer- To print or use Web I/f

Not all Printer drivers are included in the installation media. Even mine (Brother HL-4040CN), you would need to manually add it to the list:

1. Control Panel->Devices and Printers->Add a Printer
    2. Follow the steps to set up a network printer. At one point, Windows will search for available printer, click on "The printer that I want isn't listed"
    3. Click on "Windows Updates". Windows will start downloading a complete list of Printers.
    4. Select your printer name & model then install.

EDIT: Just tried to install as a USB printer for MFC-7820N since I don't have this printer to set up as a network printer. The result as shown in the list after clicking on "Windows Update":

brother printer stopped working when updated [​IMG]

topgundcp, Jun 21, 2020
Thema:

brother printer stopped working when updated

1. brother printer stopped working when updated - Similar Threads - brother printer stopped

2. Brother Printer not working with Latest Windows Update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Brother Printer not working with Latest Windows Update: Windows 10 version 10.0.19042 build 19042 Feature update version 20H, Lenovo Laptop. Brother MFC J985DW. Tried the various out-of-band work arounds, none work and most won't install. This is ridiculous. HELP!! My printer is only 3 years old....
  3. Windows 10 Build 19041 - Brother printer stopped working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Build 19041 - Brother printer stopped working: What is the fix to this issue??????????? This is a result of updates earlier this year. I find updates for other builds, but I NEED 19041!!!!!!!! I'm self employed and DO NOT have time to deal with poorly vetted updates! Frustrated does not begin to describe how I feel...
  4. Brother Printers not working after Microsoft Update

Brother Printers not working after Microsoft Update: After on of the Microsoft Updates I cannot print to either of my two Brother printers. The file goes to the printer queue and then disappears without printing. I have a HP printer and that works fine. Is there a patch or fix? Need ASAP....
  5. Brother printer stopped working

Brother printer stopped working: My Brother printer model DCP-195C stopped working recently, I believe as a result of a Microsoft update. Will this printer problem be resolved by Microsoft in another update ?...
  6. Brother DCP-135C Printer stopped working

Brother DCP-135C Printer stopped working: For some reason my printer has stopped working. The document is in the queue for the printer and then disappears as if it has been printed but it has not. The same happens with a test print too. I understand that there was a recent update and that that has caused some...
  7. Brother Printer Not Working

Brother Printer Not Working: Windows 10 has affected my printer. I need simple, easy directions to get my printer and PC to talk to each other again. Thank you! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brother-printer-not-working/a854253d-a2e0-46ee-a090-df5e19cd0e87
  8. BROTHER PRINTER NOT WORKING WITH LATEST UPDATE KILLED IT...

BROTHER PRINTER NOT WORKING WITH LATEST UPDATE KILLED IT...: I have a Brother DCP-195C printer. The printer is a little old but it is supposed to have a windows 10 driver. It was working fine until you released the latest feature update 2004.. Now the printer says error with driver. Installing from brother the driver..it shows as...
  9. my brother laser and brother inkjet printers stop working everytime there is a Win10...

my brother laser and brother inkjet printers stop working everytime there is a Win10...: How can I prevent Microsoft updates wrecking my computer every time they occur? My printer drivers have to be deleted and reinstalled just about every month this year so why can't Microsoft just do 1 update a year and only security updates? This month my new HP computer...
  10. Brother HL-5140 Printer suddenly stopped working.

Brother HL-5140 Printer suddenly stopped working.: It's actually been about a week that I haven't used my printer, coz I've been printing in the office. But today I had to print and suddenly it wasn't responding. Kept saying it was offline... so I decided to delete the printer then reattach the USB cable on it, hoping...