Windows 10: Brother Printers not working after Microsoft Update

Discus and support Brother Printers not working after Microsoft Update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; After on of the Microsoft Updates I cannot print to either of my two Brother printers. The file goes to the printer queue and then disappears without... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ChrisRaddell, Jul 9, 2020.

1. Brother Printers not working after Microsoft Update

After on of the Microsoft Updates I cannot print to either of my two Brother printers. The file goes to the printer queue and then disappears without printing. I have a HP printer and that works fine. Is there a patch or fix? Need ASAP.

:)

ChrisRaddell, Jul 9, 2020
  2. rdwray Win User

Printer doesn't work anymore after the last Windows update

@Berton do you have update KB4557957 installed?

rdwray, Jul 9, 2020
  3. Berton Win User
    Printer doesn't work anymore after the last Windows update

Update: Working with a Brother MFC-J615w Multi-function device with the problem. To verify the printer actually worked I installed it on a Win7 computer, no issue. To check on Win10 I installed it on an x86 Notebook and had the problem, it hadn't been used in awhile so updated Version1909 to the latest, no luck so Upgraded to Version 2004, updated then installed KB4567523 I had downloaded from the Windows Update Catalog, works fine.

I did a second Notebook, same as the x86 except x64. The update/Upgrade steps on the x64 machine were to Version 1909 Build 18363.81 then Upgraded to Version 2004 19041.329 then updated to Build 19041.331 and finally installed KB4567523, works fine.

So far the only printers I've seen listed as affected are Brother, Canon, Panasonic and Ricoh.

Berton, Jul 9, 2020
  4. topgundcp Win User

Brother Printers not working after Microsoft Update

Can't Access networked Brother Laser printer- To print or use Web I/f

Not all Printer drivers are included in the installation media. Even mine (Brother HL-4040CN), you would need to manually add it to the list:

1. Control Panel->Devices and Printers->Add a Printer
    2. Follow the steps to set up a network printer. At one point, Windows will search for available printer, click on "The printer that I want isn't listed"
    3. Click on "Windows Updates". Windows will start downloading a complete list of Printers.
    4. Select your printer name & model then install.

EDIT: Just tried to install as a USB printer for MFC-7820N since I don't have this printer to set up as a network printer. The result as shown in the list after clicking on "Windows Update":

Brother Printers not working after Microsoft Update [​IMG]

topgundcp, Jul 9, 2020
Thema:

Brother Printers not working after Microsoft Update

1. Brother Printers not working after Microsoft Update - Similar Threads - Brother Printers working

2. Brother Printer not working with Latest Windows Update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Brother Printer not working with Latest Windows Update: Windows 10 version 10.0.19042 build 19042 Feature update version 20H, Lenovo Laptop. Brother MFC J985DW. Tried the various out-of-band work arounds, none work and most won't install. This is ridiculous. HELP!! My printer is only 3 years old....
  3. Brother Printer Not Working After Fresh Install of Windows

Brother Printer Not Working After Fresh Install of Windows: I reinstalled Windows 10 v2004 on my laptop and now my wireless Brother printer will not print, even though it's connected and the computer can see it. I can add the printer, manage but when I try to print, I quickly get an error. Clearing the print queue and printing a test...
  4. BROTHER printer won't work after Microsoft Edge update ! Anyone know how to fix ?

BROTHER printer won't work after Microsoft Edge update ! Anyone know how to fix ?: I just updated to the newest Microsoft Edge and all of a sudden my Brother Printer +scanner/fax MFC-J615W will not print anymore. I have tried uninstalling and re-installing the printer driver online from brother and tried everything else I could think of....nothing is...
  5. Brother printer stopped working

Brother printer stopped working: My Brother printer model DCP-195C stopped working recently, I believe as a result of a Microsoft update. Will this printer problem be resolved by Microsoft in another update ?...
  6. Brother Printer Not Working

Brother Printer Not Working: Windows 10 has affected my printer. I need simple, easy directions to get my printer and PC to talk to each other again. Thank you! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brother-printer-not-working/a854253d-a2e0-46ee-a090-df5e19cd0e87
  7. Brother printer failure after June Microsoft updates.

Brother printer failure after June Microsoft updates.: After June updates my Brother printer does not work. It is reported that this is a common problem. I believe Microsoft is working to solve this. An initial update to solve it did not work. Is there another update available ?...
  8. brother printer stopped working when updated

brother printer stopped working when updated: my laptop is running Windows 10 Pro, OS Build 19041.329 and Windows feature experience pack 120.2202.130.0 and my Brother MFC465CN will no longer work. when I was running Windows 10, 1909 with OS build 18363.863 it worked fine. what is going on. the laptop and printer do...
  9. Brother printer quit working after recent Windows update

Brother printer quit working after recent Windows update: We have a brand new 2 weeks old Brother HL-L3210CW printer that was working just fine until the recent Windows update in June. I spent a long time on the phone with a Brother tech who had me power cycle the printer, uninstall and reinstall drivers and printer...nothing works....
  10. BROTHER PRINTER NOT WORKING WITH LATEST UPDATE KILLED IT...

BROTHER PRINTER NOT WORKING WITH LATEST UPDATE KILLED IT...: I have a Brother DCP-195C printer. The printer is a little old but it is supposed to have a windows 10 driver. It was working fine until you released the latest feature update 2004.. Now the printer says error with driver. Installing from brother the driver..it shows as...