Windows 10: Brother printers

Discus and support Brother printers in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I am a new Surface Go user - loving it so far. Just had a small hiccup installing a printer driver for my wireless printer. I've checked the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by DaniGosgo, Oct 27, 2018.

1. DaniGosgo Win User

Brother printers

Hi, I am a new Surface Go user - loving it so far. Just had a small hiccup installing a printer driver for my wireless printer. I've checked the Brother website, which shows my printer, HL-2270DW, is compatible with Windows 10 s, but the driver download is not available as an app in the Microsoft store. I don't want to change from Windows 10 s to Windows 10, mainly because Microsoft is clear that it can't be reversed. Is there another solution apart from asking Microsoft to set up the app? Thanks.

:)

DaniGosgo, Oct 27, 2018
  2. topgundcp Win User

Can't Access networked Brother Laser printer- To print or use Web I/f

Not all Printer drivers are included in the installation media. Even mine (Brother HL-4040CN), you would need to manually add it to the list:

1. Control Panel->Devices and Printers->Add a Printer
    2. Follow the steps to set up a network printer. At one point, Windows will search for available printer, click on "The printer that I want isn't listed"
    3. Click on "Windows Updates". Windows will start downloading a complete list of Printers.
    4. Select your printer name & model then install.

EDIT: Just tried to install as a USB printer for MFC-7820N since I don't have this printer to set up as a network printer. The result as shown in the list after clicking on "Windows Update":

Brother printers [​IMG]

topgundcp, Oct 27, 2018
  3. weamish Win User
    Brother printers - wireless connection

Yep, over the years I've contacted Brother by phone and online chat and email. They have a list of stock responses, none of which have solved the problem. Their printers work great when they're actually working. But the wireless issues are maddening. With other printer brands, my experience has been different - when the internet connection is restored, the printers automatically reconnect to the wifi SSID and work properly again, immediately. But for some reason this does not happen with Brother, even when their printers have reconnected.

weamish, Oct 27, 2018
  4. KenOp Win User

Brother printers

Can't print to Brother networked printer

Well, just discovered the problem by comparing it to another computer here (it's still Win 8.1).

It turns out that on the 'Advanced' tab of the printer properties, there's a dropdown box to select the driver. And for some reason, the driver was set to something called 'Brother Laser Leg Type1 Class Driver' rather than 'Brother MFC-8480DN Printer'. Selecting the latter fixed the problem. *Rolleyes

Thanks to both of you for your suggestions.

Ken

KenOp, Oct 27, 2018
Thema:

Brother printers

1. Brother printers - Similar Threads - Brother printers

2. How do I Connect A BROTHER Printer to my Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I Connect A BROTHER Printer to my Laptop: How do I connect a BROTHER Printer to my laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-connect-a-brother-printer-to-my-laptop/47e9fb5a-6d75-4d33-ba9a-470e4bf10575
  3. How do I Connect A BROTHER Printer to my Laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I Connect A BROTHER Printer to my Laptop: How do I connect a BROTHER Printer to my laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-connect-a-brother-printer-to-my-laptop/47e9fb5a-6d75-4d33-ba9a-470e4bf10575
  4. How do I Connect A BROTHER Printer to my Laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Brother Printer/Scanner MFC-L3720CDW trying to set up scan to network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brother Printer/Scanner MFC-L3720CDW trying to set up scan to network: Hello,I recently got the Brother Printer MFC-L3720CDW and setting up the printer and its functions were simple enough - but when attempting to set up the scanner through going to the printer IP address and that route - it is much more challenging. It is asking me for the...
  6. Brother Printer/Scanner MFC-L3720CDW trying to set up scan to network

Brother Printer/Scanner MFC-L3720CDW trying to set up scan to network: Hello,I recently got the Brother Printer MFC-L3720CDW and setting up the printer and its functions were simple enough - but when attempting to set up the scanner through going to the printer IP address and that route - it is much more challenging. It is asking me for the...
  7. Brother Printer & Scanner MFC-J6510DW

Brother Printer & Scanner MFC-J6510DW: My Brothers printer and scanner No. MFC-J6510DW. I am able to print a document but not able to scan a document. This is a new laptop which does not show the scan function. How do I get this to work?...
  8. Brother Printer & Scanner MFC-J6510DW

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brother Printer & Scanner MFC-J6510DW: My Brothers printer and scanner No. MFC-J6510DW. I am able to print a document but not able to scan a document. This is a new laptop which does not show the scan function. How do I get this to work?...
  9. Our Brother printer is installed with Microsoft IPP Class Driver, and this driver doesnt...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Our Brother printer is installed with Microsoft IPP Class Driver, and this driver doesnt...: I have uninstalled and reinstalled with drivers and software downloaded from the official Brother website, however I haven't been successful installing the Brother driver and settings. Do I need to remove Microsoft IPP Class Driver from the Device manager? Do I need to...
  10. Our Brother printer is installed with Microsoft IPP Class Driver, and this driver doesnt...

Our Brother printer is installed with Microsoft IPP Class Driver, and this driver doesnt...: I have uninstalled and reinstalled with drivers and software downloaded from the official Brother website, however I haven't been successful installing the Brother driver and settings. Do I need to remove Microsoft IPP Class Driver from the Device manager? Do I need to...