Windows 10: Brother Scanner issue with Windows firewall

Discus and support Brother Scanner issue with Windows firewall in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I upgraded the printer driver on my Brother HL-2280DW printer Windows 10 64 bit without a problem with a wireless connection. However, the scanner... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JohnGoeppinger, May 4, 2021.

1. Brother Scanner issue with Windows firewall

I upgraded the printer driver on my Brother HL-2280DW printer Windows 10 64 bit without a problem with a wireless connection. However, the scanner driver will not load from the same upgrade. A Brother support rep successfully tested the scanner with the Windows fax & scan app before uninstalling and after reinstalling both drivers . He concluded that the Window firewall was preventing the scanner driver from uploading and advised contacting Microsoft Support. I would appreciate your help to get the scanner working again.

:)

JohnGoeppinger, May 4, 2021

2. Brother MFC7860DW Scanner

Hello Wycliffe,

One of the possible reasons why you're having issues with the connected scanner is an outdated driver
    and that update is necessary. However,
    in order for us to provide you with a better resolution, kindly answer the following questions:

• Did you get any error messages or error code?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your computer prior to the issue?
    • Did you download and install the latest drivers for the device from the Brother website?
    • What other troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

We look forward to your reply.

Michelle Vil, May 4, 2021
  3. Windows Firewall Preventing Scanner

I have been using Microsoft Surface Pro 3 with Windows 10 upgrade. I wanted to setup my Brother MFC 8480DN printer and scanner for network scanning. It can only connect and scan if the windows firewall is turned off. I have followed Brother's suggestions
    of allowing specific ports and programs to run. Unfortunately, none of that has worked. I also turned off my Trend Micro just see if that changes anything. But, nothing. I called Brother and spoke to the Tech support. They tried a few things without any luck.
    It seems like a windows problem. Can any one help?

helpsharif, May 4, 2021
  4. Brother Scanner issue with Windows firewall

icon for brothers printer and scanner

I had to reinstall my brother printer and scanner my icon is no longer on desktop. I need it to use the scanner. Any suggestions

JaniceCorrall, May 4, 2021
Thema:

Brother Scanner issue with Windows firewall

1. Brother Scanner issue with Windows firewall - Similar Threads - Brother Scanner issue

2. Brother Printer/Scanner

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Brother Printer/Scanner: Brother Printer/Scanner no longer communicates with my computer after recent updates https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brother-printerscanner/9ae15932-75c7-419f-a8fb-5114f1154691
  3. Brother Printer/Scanner

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brother Printer/Scanner: Brother Printer/Scanner no longer communicates with my computer after recent updates https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brother-printerscanner/9ae15932-75c7-419f-a8fb-5114f1154691
  4. Brother Printer/Scanner

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Brother MFC L6800 Scanner not working

Brother MFC L6800 Scanner not working: I am running windows 10 and have a Brother MFC L6800 printer/scanner. I have scanned many things on this computer last week. Today it says connect a scanner to get started. I'm using the windows scan app from the Microsoft store. In my settings it says it is connected for...
  6. Problem with Brother Scanner

Problem with Brother Scanner: I have an MFC-L2700WD printer/scanner, connected to 2 Dell computers via home wifi network. I can print from both machines, but scan from only one. From the Brother utitilies I get "The scanner isn't available. Make sure the device is turned on and is connected to your...
  7. Brother printer/scanner MFC5895CW

Brother printer/scanner MFC5895CW: Is Brother printer/scanner MFC5895CW compatible to Windows 10? The device is installed, the printer works but not the scanner https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brother-printerscanner-mfc5895cw/ac8d25f6-539c-4d71-9b13-f82cd9d0b732
  8. Brother printer/scanner

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Brother printer/scanner: Can anybody help? I have just come back from holiday and the scanner appears to have stopped working. I am using the ControlCentre4 and it keeps coming up with an error code saying printer not found. The code is CC4-202. The printer is being picked up when I print and...
  9. icon for brothers printer and scanner

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    icon for brothers printer and scanner: I had to reinstall my brother printer and scanner my icon is no longer on desktop. I need it to use the scanner. Any suggestions https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icon-for-brothers-printer-and-scanner/6a922a25-07f4-4e47-9e18-dc8741020eb6
  10. Brother printer scanner

in Windows 10 Customization
    Brother printer scanner: The printer works ok, but I cant scan/file or email. The message I get is "Unable to write the file to destination folder Brother say its a Microsoft issue. I am the sole user of my computer, and the only administrator Its so bad, I will have to buy another printer as...