Windows 10: Brother scanner utilities error "Failed to start the application. Code: 20000"

Discus and support Brother scanner utilities error "Failed to start the application. Code: 20000" in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Original title: Code: 20000 I am running Windows 10. I had a Brother printer working fine. Windows installed an update and now when I try to start... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TallRayHialeah, Jan 11, 2019.

1. Brother scanner utilities error "Failed to start the application. Code: 20000"

Original title: Code: 20000

I am running Windows 10. I had a Brother printer working fine. Windows installed an update and now when I try to start the Brother utilities to do a scan, I get an error that says : "Failed to start the application. Code: 20000"

Anyone has any idea of what it is or how to fix it?

Moved from Performance and system failures

:)

TallRayHialeah, Jan 11, 2019

2. Brother MFC7860DW Scanner

Hello Wycliffe,

One of the possible reasons why you're having issues with the connected scanner is an outdated driver
    and that update is necessary. However,
    in order for us to provide you with a better resolution, kindly answer the following questions:

• Did you get any error messages or error code?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your computer prior to the issue?
    • Did you download and install the latest drivers for the device from the Brother website?
    • What other troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

We look forward to your reply.

Michelle Vil, Jan 11, 2019
  3. Brother MFC-7820N Prints But No Scanner

I have tried loading the generic Brother printer driver and the one specific for the MFC-7820, but no recognition of the scanner. If you implement scanning from the scanner it creates the same error sequence on the computer as if you started from the
    computer using the Brother Control Center program (first message has code TW006, second CC3-205-03031f04).

BeverlyRedd, Jan 11, 2019
  4. Brother scanner utilities error "Failed to start the application. Code: 20000"

Brother MFC7860DW Scanner

Scanner stopped working, I have deleted and reinstalled the printer. When I click on the Brother Utilities it changes my windows screen and makes all my icons large. The screen will flash a couple of times then I can see a small Brother Utilities box but
    it still won't open.

Can someone please help me fix my scanner so it will work again.

Thanks,

WycliffeAbuya, Jan 11, 2019
Thema:

Brother scanner utilities error "Failed to start the application. Code: 20000"

1. Brother scanner utilities error "Failed to start the application. Code: 20000" - Similar Threads - Brother scanner utilities

2. Brother Printer/Scanner

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Brother Printer/Scanner: Brother Printer/Scanner no longer communicates with my computer after recent updates https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brother-printerscanner/9ae15932-75c7-419f-a8fb-5114f1154691
  3. Brother Printer/Scanner

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brother Printer/Scanner: Brother Printer/Scanner no longer communicates with my computer after recent updates https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brother-printerscanner/9ae15932-75c7-419f-a8fb-5114f1154691
  4. Brother Printer/Scanner

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Applications Fail to Start with Kernelbase.dll error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Applications Fail to Start with Kernelbase.dll error: I am having trouble with applications not starting. The vendor says that it is due to a problem with kernelbase.dll. I have run DISM to do the repair. It says that the operation completed successfully but the applications still will not start. I am seeing these two errors in...
  6. Problem with Brother Scanner

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problem with Brother Scanner: I have an MFC-L2700WD printer/scanner, connected to 2 Dell computers via home wifi network. I can print from both machines, but scan from only one. From the Brother utitilies I get "The scanner isn't available. Make sure the device is turned on and is connected to your...
  7. Brother printer/scanner

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Brother printer/scanner: Can anybody help? I have just come back from holiday and the scanner appears to have stopped working. I am using the ControlCentre4 and it keeps coming up with an error code saying printer not found. The code is CC4-202. The printer is being picked up when I print and...
  8. Code: 20000

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Code: 20000: I am running Windows 10. I had a Brother printer working fine. Windows installed an update and now when I try to start the Brother utilities to do a scan, I get an error that says : "Failed to start the application. Code: 20000" Anyone has any idea of what it is or how to...
  9. Brother printer scanner

in Windows 10 Customization
    Brother printer scanner: The printer works ok, but I cant scan/file or email. The message I get is "Unable to write the file to destination folder Brother say its a Microsoft issue. I am the sole user of my computer, and the only administrator Its so bad, I will have to buy another printer as...
  10. Application fails to start errors

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Application fails to start errors: After update in Windows 10 (7/2/2018), multiple application start failures: "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000005). Click OK to close the application." Any fixes?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Brother BrLauncher failed to start

2. windows 10 error 20000

3. brother util failed to start error 2000

4. brothers utilities failed to start,
  5. failed to start the application code 20000,
  6. brother failed to start application code 20000,
  7. brother utilities error code 20000,
  8. brother utilities code 20000,
  9. brother code 20000