Windows 10: Brother's Alienware Desktop Fails to Boot

Discus and support Brother's Alienware Desktop Fails to Boot in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I shutdown his computer (a full shutdown via shutdown /s /t 0 ala command prompt) after he went off somewhere in town (job hunting, getting food, idk),... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by BrokenDaily, Sep 29, 2020.

1. Brother's Alienware Desktop Fails to Boot

I shutdown his computer (a full shutdown via shutdown /s /t 0 ala command prompt) after he went off somewhere in town (job hunting, getting food, idk), he powered it up, and it went to his alienware icon, no spinning dots, then went to a black screen and a line of dots (think about 8, maybe 9)

right now, im making a macrium reflect backup of his main C drive and his storage drive via the usb boot medium, and im fetching a windows 10 iso from the techbench website to make a windows 10 usb for repair install'ing/startup repair stuff/chkdsk/whatever else

I come here to ask for ideas on what this means for his computer and what the problem is, so......any ideas?

- - - Updated - - -

I got his computer working by using the fix boot problem utility in the macrium reflect rescue media, did a dism/sfc/chkdsk scan, all 3 showed nothing wrong, got a backup ready in-case something like this happens again

while I guess the problem was either a corrupted bcd boot entry, or maybe his usb ports acting wrong, any other ideas to what may have caused it?

:)

BrokenDaily, Sep 29, 2020
  2. PiKo Win User

Brother Printer exists & works, but won't "Install" - Why?

Check whether I understood you well.
    First try: Add new printer, Windows finds printer and loads its own drivers/programme automatically. It wprks but not with the Brother drivers.
    Second try: Brother package: failed
    I suggest a third try: Add new printer; the printer that I wanted is not listed; continue and see of your model is listed. in the list of printers.
    I had difficulties with setting up another Brother printer, and the third try solved it.

3. Can't Boot to USB with Alienware Desktop

My brother's computer is an alienware aurora r5 desktop from dell, pre-configured, windows 10 version 1903 build # 18362.449, with the only additions/changes being a new 500 GB Samsung 970 Evo SSD (for whatever OS updates, programs that can't be installed on other HDD's, the works), and a 2 TB Seagate Firecuda HDD for all other programs and misc files (Documents, Videos, Photos, etc...). Now I got macrium reflect on his computer and a few old HDD's on hand to make image backups when needed, but im trying to boot to this Windows 10 USB I made using a downloaded win10 iso and rufus

I shutdown the computer, boot it up, and press F12 to get to the boot menu, and the only boot options I see are "Windows Boot Manager", and 2 "Onboard something something" entries, but no flash drive to boot to

Can anyone tell me how to Boot to USB with an Alienware Aurora r5, if I need to either reinstall windows 10 completely or use the command prompt on said usb to fix stuff with his C: drive if something goes wrong?

BrokenDaily, Sep 29, 2020
  4. malware Win User

Brother's Alienware Desktop Fails to Boot

Alienware Area 51 m15x BIOS Update Released

If you were among the group of people experiencing overheating issues with your Alienware Area 51 m15x laptop, then there are some good news for you. A new BIOS update, version X29b P3A30 is now available. The update allegedly allows VGA fans to increase up to 5400 rpm and thus better cool the GPU. To obtain the new BIOS, you'll need to email the m15x support line (L: Area51_m15x@alienware.com). In reply you should receive a link to the BIOS .zip archive. Once you download the small file, Alienware recommends to follow the steps described in the Read full story marker.

Open Nero Ultra Edition, click Backup, and then click “Burn Image to Disc.” Next, select the file “m15x_x29b.iso from the unzipped folder.

• Plug your AC adapter in
    • Disconnect all third-party peripherals
    • Don’t turn off the computer or restart it during the update
    • Don’t eject your DVD/Blu-ray drive during the update.
    Steps:
    • Open BIOS by tapping F12 during boot
    • Set BIOS to boot from your CD-ROM drive first
    • Save and exit
    • Upon reboot, the BIOS flash update will proceed
    • Click “Yes” through the prompts
    • Restart
    Source: LAPTOP Magazine

malware, Sep 29, 2020
Thema:

Brother's Alienware Desktop Fails to Boot

1. Brother's Alienware Desktop Fails to Boot - Similar Threads - Brother's Alienware Desktop

2. alienware stuck at alienware tm

in Windows 10 Gaming
    alienware stuck at alienware tm: my computer goes to the alienware tm screen then turns off and goes there again in a loop and the only thing i can do while it’s on is press f2 and f12 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/alienware-stuck-at-alienware-tm/9282fe8a-0cad-4526-a427-5f6f7c033323
  3. alienware stuck at alienware tm

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    alienware stuck at alienware tm: my computer goes to the alienware tm screen then turns off and goes there again in a loop and the only thing i can do while it’s on is press f2 and f12 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/alienware-stuck-at-alienware-tm/9282fe8a-0cad-4526-a427-5f6f7c033323
  4. Alienware Desktop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Alienware Desktop: I have an Alienware Desktop I bought about 5 years ago and never used. Now have a 9 year old and he'd like to enter the gaming world with it, however even though I have it connected directly to my network via ethernet connection because it will not access my network using...
  5. Brother Printer Install Failing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Brother Printer Install Failing: Good Morning Friends! :) I am trying to install a Brother 6200 on my Win 10 laptop, and getting a failure that I'm not sure how to resolve. I run the installer and then it quickly says "File or directory corrupted and unreadable." Which directory is it probably looking at...
  6. Alienware

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Alienware: Second time doing this as it froze while I was entering last message. Stock Alienware had freezing and bsod randomly (during gaming or while idle). Did a reset. Still happened. Did a win10 fresh start, still happened. Reseated the memory and ran full hw diagnostics, still...
  7. Can't Boot to USB with Alienware Desktop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't Boot to USB with Alienware Desktop: My brother's computer is an alienware aurora r5 desktop from dell, pre-configured, windows 10 version 1903 build # 18362.449, with the only additions/changes being a new 500 GB Samsung 970 Evo SSD (for whatever OS updates, programs that can't be installed on other HDD's, the...
  8. Can't Boot to USB with Alienware Desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't Boot to USB with Alienware Desktop: My brother's computer is an alienware aurora r5 desktop from dell, pre-configured, windows 10 version 1903 build # 18362.449, with the only additions/changes being a new 500 GB Samsung 970 Evo SSD (for whatever OS updates, programs that can't be installed on other HDD's, the...
  9. AlienWare labtop will only boot into safe mode

in Windows 10 Support
    AlienWare labtop will only boot into safe mode: Hey so basically I have an Alienware labtop and I was using it two days ago and I shut it down, if I remember correctly it updated, then it tried to reboot or something and an error popped up. Didn't think much about, the next day I turn it on the same error pops up and it...
  10. Lost the Alienware boot animation after dual booting with Ubuntu

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lost the Alienware boot animation after dual booting with Ubuntu: Hi guys, I have Alienware 17 R3. I have dual booted with Ubuntu 16.04. Now when I select windows in grub menu, the generic windows 10 animation shows up with 1024x768 resolution. Is there a way to restore my Alienware boot animation? Thank you. 69227