Windows 10: Brothers Printer

Discus and support Brothers Printer in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; How can I get my printer out of the sleep mode. I have turned it off and unplugged.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Patricia Baxter How can, Jan 20, 2019.

1. Brothers Printer

How can I get my printer out of the sleep mode. I have turned it off and unplugged.

:)

Patricia Baxter How can, Jan 20, 2019
  2. topgundcp Win User

Can't Access networked Brother Laser printer- To print or use Web I/f

Not all Printer drivers are included in the installation media. Even mine (Brother HL-4040CN), you would need to manually add it to the list:

1. Control Panel->Devices and Printers->Add a Printer
    2. Follow the steps to set up a network printer. At one point, Windows will search for available printer, click on "The printer that I want isn't listed"
    3. Click on "Windows Updates". Windows will start downloading a complete list of Printers.
    4. Select your printer name & model then install.

EDIT: Just tried to install as a USB printer for MFC-7820N since I don't have this printer to set up as a network printer. The result as shown in the list after clicking on "Windows Update":

Brothers Printer [​IMG]

topgundcp, Jan 20, 2019
  3. weamish Win User
    Brother printers - wireless connection

Yep, over the years I've contacted Brother by phone and online chat and email. They have a list of stock responses, none of which have solved the problem. Their printers work great when they're actually working. But the wireless issues are maddening. With other printer brands, my experience has been different - when the internet connection is restored, the printers automatically reconnect to the wifi SSID and work properly again, immediately. But for some reason this does not happen with Brother, even when their printers have reconnected.

weamish, Jan 20, 2019
  4. KenOp Win User

Brothers Printer

Can't print to Brother networked printer

Well, just discovered the problem by comparing it to another computer here (it's still Win 8.1).

It turns out that on the 'Advanced' tab of the printer properties, there's a dropdown box to select the driver. And for some reason, the driver was set to something called 'Brother Laser Leg Type1 Class Driver' rather than 'Brother MFC-8480DN Printer'. Selecting the latter fixed the problem. *Rolleyes

Thanks to both of you for your suggestions.

Ken

KenOp, Jan 20, 2019
Thema:

Brothers Printer

1. Brothers Printer - Similar Threads - Brothers Printer

2. Brother printer, Generic printer driver, Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Brother printer, Generic printer driver, Windows 10?: I have an old Brother printer - an HL 5070-N and I recently bought a new computer. In trying to install the printer, I see that my model is missing from the very long list of Brother products provided by the 'Windows Update' during the installation process. I searched the...
  3. Brother Printer Driver Question

Brother Printer Driver Question: Hi I was wondering if the driver I have listed on my PC for a Brother HL-L5200DW printer is the most up to date, mine lists it as 2006? My system info lists it as: Device SWD\PRINTENUM\{9A8D3A7F-3DCB-4D83-AA57-9C0C21161130} was configured. Driver Name: printqueue.inf...
  4. Brother printer/scanner MFC5895CW

Brother printer/scanner MFC5895CW: Is Brother printer/scanner MFC5895CW compatible to Windows 10? The device is installed, the printer works but not the scanner https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brother-printerscanner-mfc5895cw/ac8d25f6-539c-4d71-9b13-f82cd9d0b732
  5. Brother printer displays as offline, while other non windows devices can access it

Brother printer displays as offline, while other non windows devices can access it: As above, I have had some access in the past but now I can no longer send anything to the Brother Printer MFC 2740DW. Printer shows as offline on Windows, but is online to other devices. Brother techs say I need to connect with a 2.4G. I have a Luma nest system that...
  6. Unable to connect Brother HL2040 Laser printer to the PC

Unable to connect Brother HL2040 Laser printer to the PC: **** MS WINDOWS 1 !!!!!!!! I have a Brother HL-2040 laser that sort of old and a sort of stupid printer When I say Stupid I mean a WYSIWYG Printer. BTW crystal clear !!! For several years the Brother2040 has been a reliable and cost effective part of my home office....
  7. Brother HL2040 lassr printer

Brother HL2040 lassr printer: **** MS WINDOWS 1 !!!!!!!! I have a Brother HL-2040 laser that sort of old and a sort of stupid printer When I say Stupid I mean a WYSIWYG Printer. BTW crystal clear !!! For several years the Brother2040 has been a reliable and cost effective part of my home office....
  8. Brother Printer Install Failing

Brother Printer Install Failing: Good Morning Friends! :) I am trying to install a Brother 6200 on my Win 10 laptop, and getting a failure that I'm not sure how to resolve. I run the installer and then it quickly says "File or directory corrupted and unreadable." Which directory is it probably looking at...
  9. BROTHER PRINTER QL 570 PRINTER ISSUES

BROTHER PRINTER QL 570 PRINTER ISSUES: Hi, I am trying to print on the brother QL 570 label printer. It worked fine for a number of years, but I have encountered issues in the last 2 weeks. I think I may have inadvertently uninstalled something. So, I uninstalled the whole application and re-installed. It says...
  10. brother HL-2170w printer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    brother HL-2170w printer: after downgrading from windows 7 to windows 10 my printer will not work. I removed all drivers re-installed several times, no good. machine will not recognize printer with or without drivers. Is there a solution for this? I tried the printer on another machine on the...