Windows 10: Brought a second hand computer from a pawn shop with windows 10 installed, updated from...

Discus and support Brought a second hand computer from a pawn shop with windows 10 installed, updated from... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I thought it was free to upgrade from windows 7 to windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Bilbs64, Jul 7, 2019.

1. Bilbs64 Win User

Brought a second hand computer from a pawn shop with windows 10 installed, updated from...

I thought it was free to upgrade from windows 7 to windows 10

:)

Bilbs64, Jul 7, 2019

2. Windows 10 activation. Pawn shop laptop

It's called a Volume License - and it likely means that laptop should not have been sold in that state to the pawn shop.

Is there a Windows sticker found anywhere on the laptop? (Under the battery compartment, even...)

Shenan Stanley, Jul 7, 2019
  3. Windows 10 activation. Pawn shop laptop

Recently bought a toshiba laptop from a pawn shop. It has windows 10 installed but when i go to activate it. It tells me “We can’t activate windows on this device as we can’t connect to your organizations activation server. Make sure you’re connected to
    you’re connected to your organizations network and try again” It also tells me im not running a genuine copy pf windows. So, what should I do and, what can i do to fix these issues. Anything would be of help.

Billy Henderson2001, Jul 7, 2019
  4. chispy Win User

Brought a second hand computer from a pawn shop with windows 10 installed, updated from...

Creative X-Fi Soundcards and Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709 = Complete Disaster / Not Working

Thank you for trying to help , i did tried your suggestion but it did not work :/ , nothing seems to make it work on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709. In the meantime i have bought a new SoundBlasterX AE-5 and it did installed flawlessly , no problems whatsoever. it is up to Creative ( drivers ) and Microsoft ( bug fix ) to fix this huge bugs with Audio.

Kind Regards: Chispy

chispy, Jul 7, 2019
Thema:

1. Brought a second hand computer from a pawn shop with windows 10 installed, updated from... - Similar Threads - Brought second hand

2. Updating second hand computers - Mission Impossible, Part II

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Updating second hand computers - Mission Impossible, Part II: More failware in the process of updating second hand computers. The PC has Windows 7 and cannot be upgraded to Windows 11 due to the processor and some other problems and in theory it could be updated to Windows 10 but only in theory, as in practice the process gets stuck at...
  3. Updating second hand computers - Mission Impossible, Part II

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Updating second hand computers - Mission Impossible, Part II: More failware in the process of updating second hand computers. The PC has Windows 7 and cannot be upgraded to Windows 11 due to the processor and some other problems and in theory it could be updated to Windows 10 but only in theory, as in practice the process gets stuck...
  4. Purchased Windows 10 to install on second hand computer but did not receive Product Key and...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Purchased Windows 10 to install on second hand computer but did not receive Product Key and...: Microsoft just manages to get more unhelpful and inaccessible as time goes by.I have recently purchased Windows 10 online for a second hand computer I just acquired. I received an invoice from Microsoft and was charged by for the purchase which appears in my order history....
  5. Purchased a second hand computer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Purchased a second hand computer: Hi there!I would just like to ask what are the best ways to go about this.I bought a second hand laptop and it came with Windows 10 Pro installed and activated. The previous owner purchased the laptop with an unactivated Windows 10. When I purchased it from him, he said he...
  6. I brought max payne 1 CD from the shop and tried to install on windows 10 64 bit. I am...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I brought max payne 1 CD from the shop and tried to install on windows 10 64 bit. I am...: I brought max payne 1 CD from the shop and tried to install on windows 10 64 bit. I am getting 4 below error warnings. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-brought-max-payne-1-cd-from-the-shop-and-tried/5dc6c817-8408-4001-b8ee-d2952e649351
  7. factory reset my computer that i bought from a pawn shop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    factory reset my computer that i bought from a pawn shop: factory reset my computer that i bought from a pawn shop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/factory-reset-my-computer-that-i-bought-from-a/f56dfb89-0c57-4332-aaec-637975beda98
  8. i purchased a second hand laptop from ebay

in Windows 10 Customization
    i purchased a second hand laptop from ebay: it says my windows 10 is not active error code 0xc004f74 could i get some help please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-purchased-a-second-hand-laptop-from-ebay/8ba70b44-74e5-4db0-9441-51324a15bd0a
  9. cant activate Windows . got it from a pawn shop. it is running windows 10 pro version 1809

cant activate Windows . got it from a pawn shop. it is running windows 10 pro version 1809: Please help... I am afraid to restore this to its original windows 8 with out knowing for sure the original product and key codes will work. I have pulled the codes from the computer but they don't work when I change the "key" in the activation window. It also states I need...
  10. How to fix the issues brought by Windows Update 1803, or prevent it from installing again.

How to fix the issues brought by Windows Update 1803, or prevent it from installing again.: Three times now the Windows 10 Update 1803 has installed on my desktop, and severely messed up the computer. While updating, I get a deafening feed back loop due to my microphone playing through my speakers for whatever reason. I have to turn my volume up five times louder to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pawn shop pc upgrades