Windows 10: Brown box on the corner of Word-Excel-PDF Documents

Discus and support Brown box on the corner of Word-Excel-PDF Documents in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Suddenly today on my wifes Windows 11 PC most of her documents had a brown File box over the bottom left corner of a document and most she can no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Tony Laurvick, Jan 27, 2022.

1. Brown box on the corner of Word-Excel-PDF Documents

Suddenly today on my wifes Windows 11 PC most of her documents had a brown File box over the bottom left corner of a document and most she can no longer openShe does not use one drive, uses dropboxreceives an error message when trying to open them

:)

Tony Laurvick, Jan 27, 2022

2. Word and Excel documents are slow to open in Windows 10

Have the same problem, here are my conditions:

- Windows 10 Professional x64.

- Office 2007 Ultimate.

- Opening Word and Excel documents is slow when Word/Excel not currently open/running.

- Opening the Word/Excel document with Word/Excel already open is fast/normal.

Solution is the same as reported:

1) Disable Cortana.

2) Restart Windows.

Step 2 is very important.

wayne_9901, Jan 27, 2022
  3. Anna Bon Win User
    PDF

Hello,

Regarding your PDF documents, the location will be based on where you saved the files. For your second inquiry, your documents can be converted to a PDF. If the original file is from Office Word, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• In Word, select File > Save As.

• Select where you want to save the file.

• Type a new File name if you want.

• For Save as type, select PDF.

• For Optimize for, select an option: Standard or
      Minimum Size.

• Select Open File After Publishing, if you want to open the file after you save it as a PDF. This is selected by default.

• Select Save.
    If the steps provided is not working, please get back to us with the exact version of your Office Word.

Let us know the result of the suggested steps.

Thank you.

Anna Bon, Jan 27, 2022
  4. Nath Bea Win User

Brown box on the corner of Word-Excel-PDF Documents

Wrong "remove from list" document on word mobile.

Hi,

To further assist you with your concern about re-enabling files that were removed from the Recent Documents List in Word, we suggest to follow this steps:

• Click the FILE tab in the program.
    • Click Options from the list on the left side of the screen.
    • On the Word Options dialog box, click Advanced in the list of options on the left.
    • On the Advanced screen, scroll down to the Display section. Select the value in the Show this number of Recent Documents edit box. You can choose to change the value to 0 to disable the list.
    • When you open Word, or select the Open option in the program, there are no documents in your Recent Documents list.
    • To re-enable the list, go back into the Word Options dialog box and enter the desired value (from 0 to 50, inclusive) in the Show this number of Recent Documents edit box on the Advanced screen. If any documents were previously displayed in the Recent Documents
      list, they are added to the list again.

We're just here if you have further questions.

Regards.

Nath Bea, Jan 27, 2022
Thema:

Brown box on the corner of Word-Excel-PDF Documents

1. Brown box on the corner of Word-Excel-PDF Documents - Similar Threads - Brown box corner

2. Brown box in bottom left corner of my PDF, excel and word documents and can no longer open...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brown box in bottom left corner of my PDF, excel and word documents and can no longer open...: Brown box in bottom left corner of my PDF, excel and word documents and can no longer open the files. Why has this occurred and how to fix. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brown-box-in-bottom-left-corner-of-my-pdf-excel/8e593906-1efc-4351-979b-6a1abe74c818
  3. Brown box in bottom left corner of my PDF, excel and word documents and can no longer open...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Brown box in bottom left corner of my PDF, excel and word documents and can no longer open...: Brown box in bottom left corner of my PDF, excel and word documents and can no longer open the files. Why has this occurred and how to fix. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brown-box-in-bottom-left-corner-of-my-pdf-excel/8e593906-1efc-4351-979b-6a1abe74c818
  4. How do I remove files with brown boxes in the corner?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I remove files with brown boxes in the corner?: Hello,I have researched this situation before, but I am having trouble removing files with the brown boxes in the corner of the icon.I have tried clicking "Always remain on my computer" on OneDrive, and its still there. I have uninstalled OneDrive I don't even use it as a...
  5. How do I remove files with brown boxes in the corner?

How do I remove files with brown boxes in the corner?: Hello,I have researched this situation before, but I am having trouble removing files with the brown boxes in the corner of the icon.I have tried clicking "Always remain on my computer" on OneDrive, and its still there. I have uninstalled OneDrive I don't even use it as a...
  6. Brown box on the corner of Word-Excel-PDF Documents

Brown box on the corner of Word-Excel-PDF Documents: Suddenly today on my wifes Windows 11 PC most of her documents had a brown File box over the bottom left corner of a document and most she can no longer openShe does not use one drive, uses dropboxreceives an error message when trying to open them...
  7. Reopening Word/Excel Documents

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Reopening Word/Excel Documents: I was just wondering if there's a way to get programs such as Word or Excel to re-open your documents/files you had open before shutting down. I typically have anywhere from 4 to 12 word documents open and I don't shut down my computer anymore because it's a hassle to reopen...
  8. Convert a PDF document to Word

Convert a PDF document to Word: I have windows 10. I tried to convert two documents from PDF to Word with the help of Smallpdf.com. The conversions actually took place but I cannot open the word documents because it says that I must use come converting software in my PC. Unfortunately that does not work...
  9. Trying to save a word or excel or PDF or text document in the network drive but it...

Trying to save a word or excel or PDF or text document in the network drive but it...: Hi, Using Windows 10 machine, Word 2016 64-bit. Issue: When I use save as options and select the G: folder G Drive is the network drive from the excel menu it defaults to D: Documents Local D drive rather than the location I select. I tried to change the Trusted...
  10. Saving a word document as PDF

in Windows 10 Customization
    Saving a word document as PDF: Hi, I have created a document in word, but would like to save it in PDF. When I click "save as", there is PDF option in the drop down. I have tried downloading a converter from Google, but it changes my settings when converting. Any suggestions on how to get it into my drop...