Windows 10: Brown screen on startup then nothing

Discus and support Brown screen on startup then nothing in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I get a brown screen on startup and then nothing, no icons or options... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by john scullion, Jul 1, 2019.

1. Brown screen on startup then nothing

I get a brown screen on startup and then nothing, no icons or options

:)

john scullion, Jul 1, 2019
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Jul 1, 2019
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    Startup Blue Screen

Hi Jon,

Startup blue screen error(s) can occur if a problem causes your PC to shut down or restart unexpectedly. It could be due to the following:

• Outdated device software drivers
    • Corrupted Windows update system files
    • Software/Security conflicts

We would like to know some information:

• Did you get any blue screen stop error codes?
    • Have you tried booting in Safe mode?

We suggest that you check this
    article
    about troubleshooting blue screen errors and follow the troubleshooting steps provided there.

We will wait for your response

Remon Ont, Jul 1, 2019
  4. Sasqui Win User

Brown screen on startup then nothing

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Jul 1, 2019
Thema:

Brown screen on startup then nothing

1. Brown screen on startup then nothing - Similar Threads - Brown screen startup

2. Nothing recognised on startup.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nothing recognised on startup.: I went into my BIOS setting and turned off ‘Fast Boot’ and then my PC rebooted.When it started back up, I have no monitors, mouse or keyboard recognised or taking any power.I’ve tired to BIOS and CMOS reset buttons on the back of the motherboard but still nothing. The PC...
  3. Nothing recognised on startup.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Nothing recognised on startup.: I went into my BIOS setting and turned off ‘Fast Boot’ and then my PC rebooted.When it started back up, I have no monitors, mouse or keyboard recognised or taking any power.I’ve tired to BIOS and CMOS reset buttons on the back of the motherboard but still nothing. The PC...
  4. Nothing recognised on startup.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Crashing on startup of a game, nothing is working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Crashing on startup of a game, nothing is working.: Faulting application name: ForzaHorizon5.exe, version: 1.538.198.0, time stamp: 0x00000000Faulting module name: pid.dll, version: 10.0.19041.1, time stamp: 0xf385cf53Exception code: 0xc0000005Fault offset: 0x000000000000266eFaulting process ID: 0x998Faulting application start...
  6. Crashing on startup of a game, nothing is working.

Crashing on startup of a game, nothing is working.: Faulting application name: ForzaHorizon5.exe, version: 1.538.198.0, time stamp: 0x00000000Faulting module name: pid.dll, version: 10.0.19041.1, time stamp: 0xf385cf53Exception code: 0xc0000005Fault offset: 0x000000000000266eFaulting process ID: 0x998Faulting application start...
  7. Nothing in Startup or Task Manager Startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nothing in Startup or Task Manager Startup: The title is basically my question. I’ve tried deleted and remaking the Startup file in the user specific and other startup file. I’ve restarted File Explorer, restarted my PC some times, and I’m going to run an SFC scan when I’m back on my PC. What other thing can I do if...
  8. Nothing in Startup or Task Manager Startup

Nothing in Startup or Task Manager Startup: The title is basically my question. I’ve tried deleted and remaking the Startup file in the user specific and other startup file. I’ve restarted File Explorer, restarted my PC some times, and I’m going to run an SFC scan when I’m back on my PC. What other thing can I do if...
  9. Blue screen on startup - Nothing works

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue screen on startup - Nothing works: Hi,Earlier today I updated drivers on my laptop. When finished, my audio driver didn't seem to be working. I then followed some steps to fix this and now I ended up with my laptop completely crashed. Everytime it starts up I get the bluescreen with CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED.I...
  10. Nothing clickable after startup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Nothing clickable after startup: Since yesterday, without doing anything sepcific, my pc acts really weird after startup. I can login but then I can‘t click on anything except the wallpaper (click on program icons, drag the blue selection rectangle). The taskbar doesn‘t work, neither do programs that I...