Windows 10: Browser and Video Player freezes when switching windows

Discus and support Browser and Video Player freezes when switching windows in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have been facing this issue since past few updates. when i switch between two windows suppose first one is nodepad and other one is browser then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by VikasKandari, Dec 21, 2020.

1. Browser and Video Player freezes when switching windows

I have been facing this issue since past few updates. when i switch between two windows suppose first one is nodepad and other one is browser then after few frequent switching browser window gets frozen i mean i can click on url but i can't click or scroll or anything into perticular opened tab its like frozen below the search bar.

also same happens when i play netflix or youtube and switch window it get frozen again i can listen the audio but video is stuck. i thought its Microsoft edge first but then google chrome also started doing it. i believe this is windows 10 issue. also there is some kind of glitch when swithcing windows frequently sometimes it switches wrong window or sometimes it switches tabs.

Same thing happening on windows media player and VLC player as well when i switch window they get frozen.

To fix this i have to either change windows one or two more times or i will press Window+D key twice to make it unfrozen.

i have updated my computer's drivers but still its happening.

My computer specs :

Processor : Ryzen 5 3550

GPU : Rx560x 4GB

Ram : 8GB ddr4

Windows installed in 128GB nvme drive and upto 30GB is free

:)

VikasKandari, Dec 21, 2020

2. New Windows Media Player Plugin for Firefox

Anyone who uses Windows Vista and Mozilla Firefox may be pleased to hear that the Windows Media Player team has now released a plugin for Firefox that should allow the browser to play WMP content on websites. Here are the steps to get it working:
    • Installation of the Windows Media Player Firefox Plugin may require administrative access to your PC. It is recommended that you close all other open browser windows before continuing with the installation.
    • Click the Install button to automatically download and install the Windows Media Player Firefox Plugin.
    • Depending on your security settings, you may see a Security Warning dialog box. Click Install to install the plugin.
    There is a known issue if you are using Firefox version 2.0.0.3 on Windows Vista with the installer failing with error code -203. To work around this simply restart Firefox (you will get a notification that Windows Vista will be changing the Firefox compatibility settings) and then install again - the second time should succeed.

The download is available here, and the new plugin works on all versions of Windows XP and Windows Vista (although it is mostly intended for Vista, as that currently has no WMP support in Firefox).

Source: Windows Vista Blog

Jimmy 2004, Dec 21, 2020
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    Windows freezes when watching online videos

Hi Benny,

Please answer these question to assist you better.

• Have you installed all pending Windows updates?
    • Do you get any error message?
    • Do you face this issue while playing downloaded videos?
    I suggest you to install all pending Windows updates and check. If the issue still persists follow next Methods.

Method 1: Run the Video playback troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Update. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Windows update.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
          Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on Troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run Video playback.

• Restart the system and check if the issue is resolved.
    Method 2: Uninstall Adobe flash player and reinstall latest version.

Refer the link below to uninstall Adobe flash player.

Uninstall Flash Player for Windows

Update the latest version Adobe flash player from this link.

Adobe Flash Player Install for all versions

Do let us know the performance of your computer. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Dec 21, 2020
  4. alwann Win User

Browser and Video Player freezes when switching windows

Embedded videos freezing

Recently I installed Windows 10, upgrading from 8.1. Now videos embedded in emails freeze after playing for a few seconds. Mainly it's the ads that often precede and accompany shared videos that are freezing, but when this happens, I can't get beyond them to see the shared vid. This occurs with all browsers that I have tried, e.g., MSN, Google, IE. Suggestions?

alwann, Dec 21, 2020
Thema:

Browser and Video Player freezes when switching windows

1. Browser and Video Player freezes when switching windows - Similar Threads - Browser Video Player

2. Video Play on browser Any video and livestream platforms and media player are all...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Video Play on browser Any video and livestream platforms and media player are all...: I made no changes in any settings before as everything works just fine before, but after I switch on my computer the on 10th October, all the video playing both online and offline are experiencing some issues.For videos on Youtube/ Facebook or basically any other video...
  3. Video Play on browser Any video and livestream platforms and media player are all...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Video Play on browser Any video and livestream platforms and media player are all...: I made no changes in any settings before as everything works just fine before, but after I switch on my computer the on 10th October, all the video playing both online and offline are experiencing some issues.For videos on Youtube/ Facebook or basically any other video...
  4. Video decoding stops in video players when resized

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Video decoding stops in video players when resized: So here's the issue and what I've done to try to fix itand failed. Issue: In multiple video players, possibly unimportant, but they are UWPACG Player, and Windows Medias Playerthe new official windows 11 uwp version, but not all UWP players have this issue. When watching any...
  5. Video decoding stops in video players when resized

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Video decoding stops in video players when resized: So here's the issue and what I've done to try to fix itand failed. Issue: In multiple video players, possibly unimportant, but they are UWPACG Player, and Windows Medias Playerthe new official windows 11 uwp version, but not all UWP players have this issue. When watching any...
  6. Crashes when playing videos in browser

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Crashes when playing videos in browser: Hello!I experience blue screen of death crashes when playing videos in my browser. I have the most recent video drivers and windows version.Crash dumps and msinfohttps://1drv.ms/u/s!AttUF1JsBjqjfRvtrzh2Z4pcWnQ?e=aOpAlOThanks for your help!BrHarald...
  7. Windows 10 Freezing when using browser

Windows 10 Freezing when using browser: My windows 10 freezing is freezing specially when using browser, I have tried several methods to fix this, to pinpoint the problem whether it's software or hardware failureDevice Model: ASUS TUF FX505DY-AL117TNotes:> Windows 10 will freeze after a few minutes of browsing in...
  8. My Browsers and apps are freezing videos are not loading.

My Browsers and apps are freezing videos are not loading.: I've been fighting this for 5 days now Any web browser I use is freezing page unresponsive if I try to play videos for up to a minute before the screen refreshes and they work momentarily. In the Task Manager Performance section My CPU is not maxing outi7 Processor My...
  9. Video player

in Windows 10 Customization
    Video player: How can I upgrade my video player on this computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/video-player/7c07e8ba-8bd6-448b-9b1d-729cde2e3af7
  10. Bug when switching default browser

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bug when switching default browser: Hi all! When switching my default browser from Edge to literally anything else it encourages me not to, stating that Edge is "new, fast, and built for Windows 10". While that statement is arguably at least 66% true (congrats on being more honest than most Microsoft...