Windows 10: Browser Assistant wont go away

Discus and support Browser Assistant wont go away in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I recently updated to windows 10 2004 and after the fact, Windows Security hits me with a virus called Realistic_Media_Browser_Assistant so I did... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ReeseBoone, Sep 17, 2020.

1. Browser Assistant wont go away

I recently updated to windows 10 2004 and after the fact, Windows Security hits me with a virus called Realistic_Media_Browser_Assistant so I did everything I could to remove it from my programs list. Installed multiple anti-virus softwares and nothing still. After what seemed like forever I finally figured out to go to registry editor and find the hidden files there in which I did and Browser Assistant was finally removed from my programs. Or was it, because windows still says that the virus is active and still shows process: pid: something like that. Also when I go to settings to manage apps, Browser assistant is there with the size 43.7 mb. Idk what to do at this point. Am I infected not knowingly? My computer was running super slow on startup and power shell use to open everytime i started up my pc, but after I thought I removed browser assistant, it runs as it should if not faster.

:)

ReeseBoone, Sep 17, 2020

2. defualt browser

Hi Llyan,

If you're having issues with setting a default browser, it can be due to some changes in the configuration settings. To assist you with your concern, we recommend that you set your preferred browser as the default by following the steps listed below:

• Type Settings in the Search bar and press
      Enter
    • Choose System then click on Default apps.
    • Scroll down, and click Set defaults by app option.
    • Click on your preferred browser, then click Choose defaults for this program.
    • Click Select all, then Save.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Eileen Gal, Sep 17, 2020
  3. Browser landings are blank

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you.

Please provide us the following information:

• Which web browser are you using?

• Is the issue confined to any particular website?

• Have you tried using Internet Explorer\Microsoft Edge?
    As an initial step, I suggest you to clear the browser's cache/cookies/browsing history and check if it helps.

Do update us with the details, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Sep 17, 2020
  4. Browser Assistant wont go away

Disabling Browser Choice Screen in WIndows 10

Hi Sharonlgoe,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

In order to assist you better, I would like to ask some questions.

• When does this box/prompt display?
    • Which was the latest browser you installed to the computer?

It will be helpful if you could send a screenshot of the box/prompt.

I suggest you to set the default browser from the steps below if not tried already.

To set default browser, go to click on Start>Settings>System>Default Apps, scroll down and in Web Browser, click on
    browser and it will list the browser available/installed in the system. Select the required browser and close the dialog box.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Sep 17, 2020
Thema:

Browser Assistant wont go away

1. Browser Assistant wont go away - Similar Threads - Browser Assistant wont

2. YourSearchBar PUP/browser hijacker wont go away

in Windows 10 Gaming
    YourSearchBar PUP/browser hijacker wont go away: I have some kind of malware on my chrome browser which i've tried alot to make go away. When I search something up, right before results come up, the link turns into yoursearchbar then turns into some bing link. And there is an extension named, Your Search Bar, that i cannot...
  3. YourSearchBar PUP/browser hijacker wont go away

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    YourSearchBar PUP/browser hijacker wont go away: I have some kind of malware on my chrome browser which i've tried alot to make go away. When I search something up, right before results come up, the link turns into yoursearchbar then turns into some bing link. And there is an extension named, Your Search Bar, that i cannot...
  4. PUP/browser hijacker wont go away

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PUP/browser hijacker wont go away: I have some kind of malware on my chrome browser which i've tried alot to make go away. When I search somethin up, right before result come up, the link turns into yoursearchbar then turns into some bing link. And there is an extension named, Your Search Bar, that i cannot...
  5. PUP/browser hijacker wont go away

PUP/browser hijacker wont go away: I have some kind of malware on my chrome browser which i've tried alot to make go away. When I search somethin up, right before result come up, the link turns into yoursearchbar then turns into some bing link. And there is an extension named, Your Search Bar, that i cannot...
  6. Icon on screen wont go away

Icon on screen wont go away: This icon stays on the screen even if apps are fullscreen, the icon is only there after logging into windows, and you cant take a screenshot of it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icon-on-screen-wont-go-away/e40700b5-7195-4436-b29c-52d5cdaf14e8
  7. Activate Windows Wont Go Away

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activate Windows Wont Go Away: My computer suddenly says it can't activate windows. Windows was installed months back and for some reason, this has happened. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/activate-windows-wont-go-away/8436fd0f-e900-4bd6-942e-8039e747d0be
  8. Activate Windows Wont Go Away

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activate Windows Wont Go Away: My computer suddenly says it can't activate windows. Windows was installed months back and for some reason, this has happened. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/activate-windows-wont-go-away/8436fd0f-e900-4bd6-942e-8039e747d0be
  9. BSOD Wont go away...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD Wont go away...: Hi, Over the past year I've had a range of BSODs. They had a variety of different error codes and after looking into it it seemed that my RAM was the problem. After plenty of testing I found that one stick was faulty so I replaced it and ended up being fine for a while. Flash...
  10. malware infection wont go away

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    malware infection wont go away: i tried removing it but it says its in a different drive j drive even though i dont use j drivei restarted my pc and removed defenders log files but its still appearing...