Windows 10: browser assistant

Discus and support browser assistant in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I am getting browser assistant threat when I do a defender scan. I removed it once and got it back. what can i do... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MelissaKirchoff, Jan 24, 2021.

1. browser assistant

I am getting browser assistant threat when I do a defender scan. I removed it once and got it back. what can i do

:)

MelissaKirchoff, Jan 24, 2021

2. defualt browser

Hi Llyan,

If you're having issues with setting a default browser, it can be due to some changes in the configuration settings. To assist you with your concern, we recommend that you set your preferred browser as the default by following the steps listed below:

• Type Settings in the Search bar and press
      Enter
    • Choose System then click on Default apps.
    • Scroll down, and click Set defaults by app option.
    • Click on your preferred browser, then click Choose defaults for this program.
    • Click Select all, then Save.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Eileen Gal, Jan 24, 2021
  3. Browser landings are blank

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you.

Please provide us the following information:

• Which web browser are you using?

• Is the issue confined to any particular website?

• Have you tried using Internet Explorer\Microsoft Edge?
    As an initial step, I suggest you to clear the browser's cache/cookies/browsing history and check if it helps.

Do update us with the details, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Jan 24, 2021
  4. browser assistant

Disabling Browser Choice Screen in WIndows 10

Hi Sharonlgoe,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

In order to assist you better, I would like to ask some questions.

• When does this box/prompt display?
    • Which was the latest browser you installed to the computer?

It will be helpful if you could send a screenshot of the box/prompt.

I suggest you to set the default browser from the steps below if not tried already.

To set default browser, go to click on Start>Settings>System>Default Apps, scroll down and in Web Browser, click on
    browser and it will list the browser available/installed in the system. Select the required browser and close the dialog box.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 24, 2021
Thema:

browser assistant

1. browser assistant - Similar Threads - browser assistant

2. How to remove Internet-start Adware or Malware or Browser Hijacker, I don't know what it is?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to remove Internet-start Adware or Malware or Browser Hijacker, I don't know what it is?: So I installed DriverPack Solution 17 to check and update the outdated drivers of my Sony Vaio Laptop. But while updating the drivers an Adware or Malware or Browser Hijacker, I don't know what it is named Internet-start was installed accidentally. I scanned my whole system...
  3. Chrome and Firefox are better browsers 100%

in Windows 10 Customization
    Chrome and Firefox are better browsers 100%: how to uninstall Microsoft edge browser it's annoying and useless... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/chrome-and-firefox-are-better-browsers-100/798c07cf-57ae-4baa-b5ef-28b52037d065
  4. how to reopen browser tabs and windows with one click

in Browsers and Email
    how to reopen browser tabs and windows with one click: Windows 20H2 (OS Build 19042.844) Earlier there was a Windows update and when Edge was reopened the previously viewed history was no longer displayed. Then after multiple Edge windows and tabs were open there was an Edge crash. Upon reopening Edge the webpage displayed:...
  5. Why does windows update not respect my default browser selection?

Why does windows update not respect my default browser selection?: When windows updates, it fails to use my default app browser selection. Last week I tried edge for a couple of days, one morning as I was buying and selling stocks I got 4 messages with alarms indicating Edge wanted to sell me 4 games within one minute. The alarms sounded...
  6. Some youtube Video have no sound on my Windows 10 Edge Browser

in Browsers and Email
    Some youtube Video have no sound on my Windows 10 Edge Browser: but are Playing with sound and Completely fine on my iphone youtube app im using Windows 10 pro 64 bit with 2.1 Speakers Edit :Not there is no sound at all but a very very low weird sound and only with Some youtube videos 174942
  7. Slow browsers

in Windows 10 Support
    Slow browsers: Guys On my previous post, I said that I have reformatted my w10 so started with a blank canvas again. I was using Google Chrome as browser, but it is EXCEPTIALLY slow so i did a Google question and the world opened with solutions, but also, many people had same probl;em. I...
  8. "browser assistant" threat removed but infect my system again

"browser assistant" threat removed but infect my system again: I am getting browser assistant threat when I do a defender scan. I removed it once and got it back. what can i do [Original Title: browser assistant]...
  9. Browser Assistant wont go away

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Browser Assistant wont go away: I recently updated to windows 10 2004 and after the fact, Windows Security hits me with a virus called Realistic_Media_Browser_Assistant so I did everything I could to remove it from my programs list. Installed multiple anti-virus softwares and nothing still. After what...
  10. Amazon Assistant Pop-Up in Opera Browser

in Browsers and Email
    Amazon Assistant Pop-Up in Opera Browser: My Opera browser started getting this totally annoying Amazon Assistant pop-up in any Amazon page that looks like some promotion that can't be disabled. Am I the only one getting this? Maybe a browser virus? 133189