Windows 10: Browser changed language to Arabic by itself and I cannot get it back to English

Discus and support Browser changed language to Arabic by itself and I cannot get it back to English in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; This morning for the first time my browser opened in Arabic and has mostly Saudi articles on display. I did not do anything to cause this and my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by CharlesHellyer, Sep 30, 2019.

1. Browser changed language to Arabic by itself and I cannot get it back to English

This morning for the first time my browser opened in Arabic and has mostly Saudi articles on display. I did not do anything to cause this and my language setting is English UK. How do I get it back to local South African area English browser?

:)

CharlesHellyer, Sep 30, 2019
  2. viki2000 Win User

Win10 – Language change Arabic to English

I just bought a 2nd hand laptop by occasion and it has only one problem: the Windows 10 was installed in Arabic language and I need it in English. I do not read/speak Arabic language.
    I looked over many YouTube videos in Arabic and English language about how to change the language in Win10. Unfortunately my screens that I see in Arabic language do not match the screens seen in Arabic on YouTube videos/tutorials, so I cannot do a blind click-click and by chance to change it into English.
    I can make print screens and then put them in USB stick and upload them here on EE from another PC – that I figure it out.
    I do not want to reinstall Win10 from scratch, but of course that is the last option.
    Below are the first steps which leaded me to, I hope, Language and Regional Settings in Win10, but where to click further and what to choose?
    I really need your guidance in step by step with pictures where shall I click in order to install the English language.
    A tutorial in English does not help. I need a tutorial (step by step) in Arabic with pictures.

viki2000, Sep 30, 2019
  3. lx07 Win User

You can always open language settings page direct. Open a 'Run' dialogue (press *Start + R) Then type ms-settings:regionlanguage and enter.

Then it is a bit of guessing.

If English is not there click on the plus sign and add it. You'll get a list of languages and a greyed out "Next" button and an active "Cancel" button. The language name English will be shown in both English and Arabic. Click on it and the "Next" button becomes active. By default it will download the language pack and set it as default display language. There are 2 buttons here - "Install" and "Cancel". As "Install" appears just where "Next" was you can click on it without moving your mouse.

If English is already there select it and you get 3 buttons which in English are "Set as Default", "Options", "Remove". I don't think Arabic rearranges order of buttons on UI so just click to one on the left. Worst case you delete it and have to install it again.

4. viki2000 Win User

Browser changed language to Arabic by itself and I cannot get it back to English

You think is easy by guessing, but is not, especially when things are mirrored left to right.
    Anyway, I did it.
    Here is what I have done next.
    Knowing now that my Win10 is Home 64bit Build 17134 version 1803, I have downloaded from here the EN US language pack:
    Windows 10 Version 1803 Language Packs Direct Download Links
    Then I just put it on USB stick, renamed it lpus.cab,moved it on laptop C: and then following the recommendation from the link below:
    mui - How to change Windows 10 interface language on Single Language version - Stack Overflow
    I have applied at command prompt as Administrator:
    dism /Online /Add-Package /PackagePath:C:\lpus.cab

Then I have followed your advice with 'Run' dialogue (Windows key + R) Then type "ms-settings:regionlanguage" without quotes and I arrived to the screen below, whihc I have seen below but I was not sure where to change the language.
    Anyway, now, at this point I knew there are at least Arabic and English as display languages installed and somehow I only had to choose Englsih instead of Arabic, so blind, by trial and error I found that besides some Arabic text there is also English text written as option and I supposed is the display language.
    I have just chose that and I restarted the laptop and finally I got the English interface.
    Was an ugly job to do it, but was good that I did not have to reinstall Windows.

viki2000, Sep 30, 2019
Thema:

Browser changed language to Arabic by itself and I cannot get it back to English

1. Browser changed language to Arabic by itself and I cannot get it back to English - Similar Threads - Browser changed language

2. Why Arabic language is displaying while my default language is English?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why Arabic language is displaying while my default language is English?: Hello All,I have one issue that my windows keep mixing Arabic and English together somehow, even I chose English to be my default language.I added Arabic Language in order to add it to my keyboard then this issue came up, I removed Arabic from my settings but still my windows...
  3. Why Arabic language is displaying while my default language is English?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why Arabic language is displaying while my default language is English?: Hello All,I have one issue that my windows keep mixing Arabic and English together somehow, even I chose English to be my default language.I added Arabic Language in order to add it to my keyboard then this issue came up, I removed Arabic from my settings but still my windows...
  4. How to change Windows language back to English

in Windows 10 News
    How to change Windows language back to English: [IMG]If you have accidentally changed your Windows PC language to another language that you are not familiar with and want t change it back to English, then this post offers instructions on how to get it done. The language of display you choose in Windows 11 or Windows 10...
  5. change the language in windows 10 home single language from Arabic to English.

in Windows 10 Customization
    change the language in windows 10 home single language from Arabic to English.: I bought a new laptop with windows 10 home single language Arabic. I repeatedly tried to change the display language to English, and I was not able to. Is there a way to change the display language in such releases? Thanks in advance...
  6. Paint 3D Arabic but preference language is English

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Paint 3D Arabic but preference language is English: When I open pain 3d it's in Arabic, I chose arabic as one of my prefrences but not the first priority. What to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/paint-3d-arabic-but-preference-language-is-english/36e7e7af-8a60-45da-bbbe-282b1674e97b
  7. I cannot change language to UK English

I cannot change language to UK English: Hi. I've bought a new W10 laptop windows home edition and I cannot get it to use UK English. The language settings say that it is set to UK English but the spellchecker keeps suggesting American spellings. Not ideal when I bought the laptop to write on a book with! I've...
  8. MSN language changed to Arabic

MSN language changed to Arabic: Would like some kind of help I'm in Tripoli Libya and my laptop changed MSN language by it self into Arabic I need it in English. Thanks in advance. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/msn-language-changed-to-arabic/13bba970-1673-4411-bbe6-cf7206e48d94
  9. Some of my windows 10 is in arabic language, how do i change it to English?

Some of my windows 10 is in arabic language, how do i change it to English?: Some of my settings/apps windows 10 are in arabic, how do i change it fully to English? refer to the attached picture.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/some-of-my-windows-10-is-in-arabic-language-how-do/a41c832d-c448-4951-9711-186b73879958
  10. Win10 – Language change Arabic to English

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 – Language change Arabic to English: I just bought a 2nd hand laptop by occasion and it has only one problem: the Windows 10 was installed in Arabic language and I need it in English. I do not read/speak Arabic language. I looked over many YouTube videos in Arabic and English language about how to change the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my laptop has just changed its language to arabic

2. why has the language in my browser changed to arabic

3. edge homescreen language changed to arabic

4. why is my edge brower in arbic,
  5. why did my computer change to arabic,
  6. why is my language arabic in browser edge,
  7. why is my language arabic in browser,
  8. my edge browser is arabic,
  9. browser language in arabic,
  10. why has my browser changed to czechian,
  11. computer changed language by itself,
  12. i had my phone reset and now my pc changed my langich to arabic,
  13. why has my language change to arab,
  14. My Edge changed to Arabic wich I do not understand. How can I change it bak to English,
  15. my bing language change by itself