Windows 10: Browser choice pop up

Discus and support Browser choice pop up in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; How can I prevent this from popping up every time I click on a link in my email? I always check to "Always use this app" but it does not work. 42295 Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by bboma, Feb 27, 2016.

1. bboma Win User

Browser choice pop up

How can I prevent this from popping up every time I click on a link in my email? I always check to "Always use this app" but it does not work.

:)

bboma, Feb 27, 2016

2. When i open browser i get pop up says Warning- unresponsive script

Original Title: Warning

I am consistently getting a pop up on my screen. I have Windows 10 and use Firefox as my browser. The pop up says Warning- unresponsive script. Under that it gives three choices, Continue - Debug - Stop Script. No matter which one I pick, nothing happens
    and it just pops up again. All I can do is reboot and this gets a little old. Can someone give me a suggestion on what to do about this annoying problem?

ThomasHigginsWP, Feb 27, 2016
  3. Browser Choice

Hi,

My apologies for the delayed response.

Thank you for updating on the issue and glad to know that you are now able to choose the browser while

opening the link in an Email.

Keep us posted if you face any issues on Windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Thank you.

Vinodh_Kumar V, Feb 27, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

Browser choice pop up

Have you set IE11 as default browser ?
    If not yet, follow this ....................
    Right click at Start button > Control Panel > top right click the View by > select either Large or small > click Default Programs > click Set your default programs > wait for it to load > left side, click Internet Explorer > right side, click Set this program as Default > bottom right, click OK.

davidhk, Feb 27, 2016
  5. bboma Win User
    Browser choice pop up [​IMG]
    I had previously done that.

bboma, Feb 27, 2016
  6. b1rd Win User
    Hi bboma,

I was having problems too a while back. What worked for me was to navigate to "Choose Default Apps by File Type" and select them that way.

Choose Default Apps by File Type
    (The section that explains this is about 1/2 down the page)

7. davidhk Win User
    bboma,

Use this tutorial : How to Restore Default File Extension Type Associations in Windows 10

Use Option Two.
    On that File type or protocol table, scroll down to LNK > click it > at the bottom > click the pointer to select Save As > save it to the desktop.
    Then follow the instructions from Step 2 to step 7.
    Make sure you do restart to complete the process.

davidhk, Feb 27, 2016
  8. Browser choice pop up

Do you use IE to open emails? If so, set IE as default app for emails, not Microsoft Outlook.

TairikuOkami, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Browser choice pop up

1. Browser choice pop up - Similar Threads - Browser choice pop

2. google chrome browser choice

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    google chrome browser choice: Why can't I get google chrome to work as my default web browser? I have tried several times to uninstall it and reinstall it, but it will not work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-chrome-browser-choice/46855a06-d686-4b16-b328-8e0851586a40
  3. Using Chrome Browser, MY CHOICE

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Using Chrome Browser, MY CHOICE: The browser I LIKE more than Edge is CHROME. However, I oftentimes feel it's been jinxed ON PURPOSE by Microsoft. TOO OFTEN Chrome browser stops "responding." I stay within a fairly same 'ole, same 'ole routine when I'm online. It's always quite aggravating when the "not...
  4. unreadable choices in pop-up box

in Windows 10 Customization
    unreadable choices in pop-up box: When I right-click desktop to refresh it, the choices in the pop-up box are too dim to read. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unreadable-choices-in-pop-up-box/09caf3e0-eadd-445f-8010-e9cd41505aea
  5. Pop up ads on Edge browser

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Pop up ads on Edge browser: I use edge browser with search forced on my laptop Bing. today was logged into my network provider website get 2 pop up ads for claim sites powered by google. I searched this says adware how do I get rid ***Original title: pop up ads by google***...
  6. Amazon Assistant Pop-Up in Opera Browser

in Browsers and Email
    Amazon Assistant Pop-Up in Opera Browser: My Opera browser started getting this totally annoying Amazon Assistant pop-up in any Amazon page that looks like some promotion that can't be disabled. Am I the only one getting this? Maybe a browser virus? 133189
  7. eliminate notifications from popping up in browsers

in Windows 10 Customization
    eliminate notifications from popping up in browsers: I use Camtasia Studio and don't want notification about anything from popping up during recording. They appear to be email notifications. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/eliminate-notifications-from-popping-up-in/8d93ea87-c098-4a47-a05e-f1324f686536
  8. Browser repeatedly popping up.

in Browsers and Email
    Browser repeatedly popping up.: Howdy! I am a new member here,so excuse me if I post on the wrong section about my problem. Basically I currently have windows 10 for around a year,and had no problems whatsoever.However,I booted my laptop today only to come across a very annoying issue indeed,which...
  9. Edge Browser is Popping Up on Me Constantly

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Browser is Popping Up on Me Constantly: I have Windows 10 and everything is running ok. Then, yesterday, I ran Windows Update and Update installed THREE updates.... KB3881449, KB3881488, KB3081452 It seems to be a NEW and BAD HABIT of Microsoft NOT to give us any details on what these updates do to our...
  10. How do I get rid of browser choice pop up?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I get rid of browser choice pop up?: Clicking on "always use this app" does not work. 68494