Windows 10: Browser crash (Google CHrome and Opera) after new update Error 0x80070

Discus and support Browser crash (Google CHrome and Opera) after new update Error 0x80070 in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; the latest updates I have installed, all except for "• 2017-07 Security Update for Adobe Flash Player for Windows 10 Version 1703 for x64-based Systems... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by johnmayne, Jul 11, 2017.

1. johnmayne Win User

Browser crash (Google CHrome and Opera) after new update Error 0x80070

the latest updates I have installed, all except for "• 2017-07 Security Update for Adobe Flash Player for Windows 10 Version 1703 for x64-based Systems (KB4025376)" which gave me the error: 0x800700c1 when I tried to install it again.
    Anyways, after these updates I went on Chrome and noticed everytime I opened youtube my browser crashed/stopped responding. I reinstalled chrome, reinstalled flash, etc. Then chrome started crashing simply after openining it. Same thing with Opera. Microsoft Edge seems to be perfectly fine so far.
    I couldn't restore my PC btw, as that also gave me an error. (Restore point AND reset my pc).

:)

johnmayne, Jul 11, 2017

2. sfc command returns rsult after scan that a few files corrupted could not be repaired

The following error is returned when any URKL is typed in Google chrome or Opera browser.

This site can’t be reached

The webpage might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.

ERR_UNEXPECTED_PROXY_AUTH

Yesterday there was one website selfip.com and freeselfip.com seen and after that trouble started.

In between it became okay for a few hours after checking settings of network.

Strange that Microsoft edge is working perfectly fine and other websites are opening like you tube or Facebook,,.?

windows defender and antivirus program Quick heal are active .Still some thing has gone wrong in computer settings .But only for opera and google. Google chrome was uninstalled , downloaded and then again same issue.

Prof R KGupta, Jul 11, 2017
  3. windows 10 crashing when watching videos online

I tried to update all of my drivers but the probem is still there even on microsoft edge i did try other browsers like opera mozilla and google chrome.

And sometimes it crashes on its own (rarely) and it says whatch dog_violation whit this face Browser crash (Google CHrome and Opera) after new update Error 0x80070 :( but mostly when i whatch videos !

i hope that there is a solution

kristianemilov, Jul 11, 2017
  4. spunk Win User

spunk, Jul 11, 2017
  5. johnmayne Win User
    this worked for 3 minutes then Google Chrome crashed again.
    please help =/

johnmayne, Jul 11, 2017
  6. mex90 Win User
    I got the same issue here, the problem isn't in the flash player security update, but seems to be in windows cumulative update KB4025342. Just uninstall it and browsers should run normally again. To be sure you can uninstall the flash player update too, waiting for an official fix. Let me know if you solved!!*Cool

Edit: To uninstall updates go to control panel - programs - show installed updates - find the last windows update, right click on it, click on uninstall then reboot when required.

mex90, Jul 11, 2017
  7. johnmayne Win User
    it says "No updates are installed on this computer"

johnmayne, Jul 12, 2017
  8. zbook New Member

0x800700C1 -2147024703 ERROR_BAD_EXE_FORMAT is not a valid Win32 application
    Check the integrity of the operating system, drive, place in clean boot, turn off any non- Microsoft antivirus see impact on adobe, chrome, windows updates.

Open administrative command prompt and type or copy and paste:

1) winver (in the pop up about windows > view your windows version and build > type this information into the thread)

2) sfc /scannow

3) dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

4) chkdsk /scan

When these have completed > right click on the top bar or title bar of the administrative command prompt box > left click on edit then select all > right click on the top bar again > left click on edit then copy > paste into the thread

5) msconfig (in the pop up system configuration > move the dot from normal startup to selective startup > uncheck load startup items > click service tab > in left lower corner check hide all Microsoft services > in the lower right side click disable all > click apply or ok > do not reboot)

6) taskmgr (in the pop up task manager > click on the start up tab > click on status so that the column sorts with enable rising to the top > right click on each row with enable and change to disable)

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...oot-in-windows
    How to perform a Clean Boot in Windows 10 - TechNet Articles - United States (English) - TechNet Wiki

7) shutdown /r (you will reboot the computer so that it is in clean boot)

8) turn off any non-Microsoft antivirus

9) perform windows updates and post any failed KB# with error code.

10) in the left lower corner search type: reliability and open the reliability control panel, use the Microsoft snipping tool and post an image into the thread.

zbook, Jul 12, 2017
  9. johnmayne Win User
    won't let me scan.
    C:\Windows\system32>sfc /scannow
    "Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service."

johnmayne, Jul 12, 2017
  10. zbook New Member
    With step 2) failing; post the administrative command prompt result for it and the results of the other steps.

zbook, Jul 12, 2017
  11. johnmayne Win User
    1.)Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet
    2.) still fails even for admin command, same error.
    3.) Error: 1812

An initialization error occurred.
    For more information, review the log file.

The DISM log file can be found at C:\Windows\Logs\DISM\dism.log
    Log file: Free File Hosting - Online Storage; Upload Mp3, Videos, Music. Backup Files
    4.)
    C:\Windows\system32>chkdsk /scan
    The type of the file system is NTFS.

Stage 1: Examining basic file system structure ...
    Found corrupt basic file structure for "\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\DataStore\Logs <0x3,0x15267>"
    ... repaired online.
    Found 0x1 clusters allocated to file "\Users\danie.DESKTOP-7UBHCA9\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\#!001\MicrosoftEdge\Cache\M7 FBB0FA\sdk[1].js <0x6,0x39768>" at offset "0x1" marked as free
    ... repaired online.
    Found 0x2 clusters allocated to file "\Users\danie.DESKTOP-7UBHCA9\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\#!001\MicrosoftEdge\Cache\M7 FBB0FA\sdk[1].js <0x6,0x39768>" at offset "0x5" marked as free
    ... repaired online.
    Found 0x1 clusters allocated to file "\Windows\servicing\Packages\Package_659_for_KB4025342~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~10.0.1.13.mum <0x1,0x72f71>" at offset "0x1" marked as free
    ... repaired online.
    Found corrupt basic file structure for "\Users\danie.DESKTOP-7UBHCA9\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\#!001\MicrosoftEdge\Cache\TJ VVW8JU\123783[1].xml <0x5,0x73adb>"
    ... repaired online.
    Found corrupt basic file structure for "\Users\danie.DESKTOP-7UBHCA9\AppData\Local\Temp\sa.FACF9DDE-1FF1-B57D-4D1D-CE479FDD42AF_5__.Public.AppUpdate.dat <0x4,0x73b77>"
    ... repaired online.
    Found corrupt basic file structure for "\Windows\WinSxS\amd64_microsoft-windows-w..owsupdateclient-aux_31bf3856ad364e35_10.0.15063.483_none_29dcd6f323cb4237\wuapi.dll <0x2,0x7481a>"
    ... repaired online.
    File "\hiberfil.sys <0x2,0x63>" and file "\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\DataStore\Logs <0x3,0x15267>" both own logical cluster 0x324188
    ... queued for offline repair.
    File "\Users\danie.DESKTOP-7UBHCA9\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\#!001\MicrosoftEdge\Cache\M7 FBB0FA\sdk[1].js <0x6,0x39768>" and file "\Users\danie.DESKTOP-7UBHCA9\AppData\Local\Temp\sa.FACF9DDE-1FF1-B57D-4D1D-CE479FDD42AF_5__.Public.AppUpdate.dat <0x4,0x73b77>" both own logical cluster 0x803174
    File "\Users\danie.DESKTOP-7UBHCA9\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\#!001\MicrosoftEdge\Cache\M7 FBB0FA\sdk[1].js <0x6,0x39768>" and file "\Users\danie.DESKTOP-7UBHCA9\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\#!001\MicrosoftEdge\Cache\TJ VVW8JU\123783[1].xml <0x5,0x73adb>" both own logical clusters [0x803176, 0x803179)
    File "\Users\danie.DESKTOP-7UBHCA9\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\#!001\MicrosoftEdge\Cache\N5 2UWEAX\GUbpBBKb[1].jpg <0x39,0x47296>" and file "\Windows\WinSxS\amd64_microsoft-windows-w..owsupdateclient-aux_31bf3856ad364e35_10.0.15063.483_none_29dcd6f323cb4237\wuapi.dll <0x2,0x7481a>" both own logical cluster 0x10c5b5e
    498944 file records processed.
    File verification completed.
    7976 large file records processed.
    0 bad file records processed.

Stage 2: Examining file name linkage ...
    Found a bad index "$I30" in directory "\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\DataStore\Logs <0x3,0x15267>"
    656584 index entries processed.
    Index verification completed.
    5 unindexed files scanned.
    Found 5 missing entries (\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\DataStore\Logs\edb.log <0x3,0x15268>, ...) in index "$I30" of directory "\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\DataStore\Logs <0x3,0x15267>"
    0 unindexed files recovered to lost and found.

Stage 3: Examining security descriptors ...
    Security descriptor verification completed.
    78824 data files processed.
    CHKDSK is verifying Usn Journal...
    Usn Journal verification completed.
    Windows has found problems and some were fixed online;
    the remaining problems must be fixed offline.
    Please run "chkdsk /spotfix" to fix the issues.

233916415 KB total disk space.
    217194804 KB in 393722 files.
    218992 KB in 78821 indexes.
    0 KB in bad sectors.
    576399 KB in use by the system.
    65536 KB occupied by the log file.
    15926220 KB available on disk.

4096 bytes in each allocation unit.
    58479103 total allocation units on disk.
    3981555 allocation units available on disk.
    5, 6, 7, 8(I don't have any non-Microsoft antivirus): done with no issue except..cpx is enabled and I cant disable it
    same with svcvmx.exe
    for 9.) the update thing crashes I can't get it to update no matter what I do (Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet)
    10.)
    Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

edit: The two programs that cant be disabled in startup happened after my crashing problem (when I tried installing various programs to fix it)

johnmayne, Jul 12, 2017
  12. johnmayne Win User
    I already uninstalled all programs I've download from today to last week

johnmayne, Jul 12, 2017
  13. zbook New Member

There is corruption on your drive and there is operating system corruption.

Make sure your files are backed up.

Make an image of your drive using Macrium

Make a new restore point.

Free File Hosting - Online Storage; Upload Mp3, Videos, Music. Backup Files has too many traps on their web site to click unwanted applications. Please use different share links such as one drive or drop box. The filedropper log that you posted was not viewed. Please post the information using another share method.

Create a bootable windows 10 iso: Download Windows 10

Plan a repair installation using the windows 10 iso: Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials

If the repair install fails plan a clean install.

zbook, Jul 12, 2017
  14. johnmayne Win User
    Ok so it started working and i was going thru the clean install and the motiona. Then it suddenly said there was a problem resetting your pc. And my OS on my ssd was deleted and now i cant even use my pc
    Fudge this life
    And i cant afford a new pc rn

johnmayne, Jul 13, 2017
  15. zbook New Member
    Were the files backed up?

Was an image made with Macrium?

The repair install was suggested with a clean install as a backup.
    How come you decided to go straight to a clean install?
    What were the steps that you made?

zbook, Jul 13, 2017
Thema:

1. Browser crash (Google CHrome and Opera) after new update Error 0x80070 - Similar Threads - Browser crash Google

2. Google Chrome, Brave, Opera, and Opera GX Unable to open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Google Chrome, Brave, Opera, and Opera GX Unable to open: Hello,I've ran into a strange issue involving google chrome and potentially other browsers as well. At first, after transferring my files, folders, data, etc. To a new SSD I installed, I was still able to use Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge without any issues, until one day...
  3. Google Chrome, Brave, Opera, and Opera GX Unable to open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Google Chrome, Brave, Opera, and Opera GX Unable to open: Hello,I've ran into a strange issue involving google chrome and potentially other browsers as well. At first, after transferring my files, folders, data, etc. To a new SSD I installed, I was still able to use Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge without any issues, until one day...
  4. Google Chrome, Brave, Opera, and Opera GX Unable to open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Problem with downloads in chromium browser (Google Chrome, Opera)

in Browsers and Email
    Problem with downloads in chromium browser (Google Chrome, Opera): I have problems in all chromium browser (Google Chrome, Opera, Microsoft Edge, Vivaldi, etc...) with downloads of program install files being corrupt. If I download same installation files in Tor Browser or Mozilla Firefox I have no issue. Issue started after latest Windows...
  6. Google Chrome Browser Continuously Crashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Google Chrome Browser Continuously Crashing: I am an essay writer and working for an essay writing service. My nature of job requires me to use Google Chrome browser to use certain extensions and tools for my research, analysis and writing. I am encountering this issue from few days that whenever I use my browser in...
  7. Google Chrome Browser

in Windows 10 Customization
    Google Chrome Browser: Ever since Windows did an update, the Google Chrome browser stays at the top of my screen. I only want it pinned to the task bar at the bottom of my screen like I had it before. How do I get rid of the browser staying at the top of my screen?...
  8. google chrome and opera not working after update

in Browsers and Email
    google chrome and opera not working after update: if you turn off cryptographic services they will run until restart then you have to turn it off again to use these browsers 128250
  9. Google Chrome Browser

in Browsers and Email
    Google Chrome Browser: Hello, How can I transfer all my Chrome settings, passwords to sites, bookmarks etc. from current computer (32bit) into a new one also windows 10 pro (64bit). Answers will be appreciated. Thanks 106507
  10. Images in Opera and Chrome browsers breaking

in Browsers and Email
    Images in Opera and Chrome browsers breaking: I'm not really sure if there is anything I can do about this. I can seem to manage to fix it, I'm wondering if there is a way to prevent it. I'm currently trying to find the cause. Every day for the past few days, I will end up with broken images, usually involving...