Windows 10: Browser edge, chrome.. adds the pdf to download again instead of opening.

Discus and support Browser edge, chrome.. adds the pdf to download again instead of opening. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Whenever I try to open any pdf from my computernot the web in a browser, be it edge, edge dev or chrome it starts downloading pdf again and saves it in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by anmolvirk1997, Sep 12, 2020.

1. Browser edge, chrome.. adds the pdf to download again instead of opening.

Whenever I try to open any pdf from my computernot the web in a browser, be it edge, edge dev or chrome it starts downloading pdf again and saves it in downloads folder.

When I would open it again it would start downloading again and overwrite the previously downloaded file.

I am on Windows 10 20197.1000 build, updated windows 2-3 times on insider version didn't help.

:)

anmolvirk1997, Sep 12, 2020
  2. mike s Win User

Cannot download or open pdf in Edge

Facing the same thing on a clean install ... still no answers
    Edge browser shuts down on loading anything

mike s, Sep 12, 2020
  3. Cannot download or open pdf in Edge

Sometime over the past couple of days I have lost the ability to download any files when browsing with Edge and I cannot open PDF files from within Edge either.

Downloading just says xxxx.yyy couldn't be downloaded and nothing will fix it - yet I can download using IE or Chrome to the same downloads directory. Attempts to open pdf files get exactly the same response.

Any suggestions? I really like Edge and it annoys me that I cannot use it anymore.

Iain

wimorrison, Sep 12, 2020
  4. Browser edge, chrome.. adds the pdf to download again instead of opening.

All Browsers including Edge start downloading PDF files again and again (which were already opened from hard drive) instead of opening them.

I am facing a strange issue and not able to find a solution anywhere. I open PDF files from my hard drive and all browsers including Edge, chrome, etc start downloading it again & again instead of opening them.

Although Adobe Acrobat Reader opens those PDF files perfectly fine and other PC open these files too on Edge and chrome etc.

Deep-Inside, Sep 12, 2020
Thema:

Browser edge, chrome.. adds the pdf to download again instead of opening.

1. Browser edge, chrome.. adds the pdf to download again instead of opening. - Similar Threads - Browser edge chrome

2. Open PDF files in Adobe Acrobat Reader instead of browser

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Open PDF files in Adobe Acrobat Reader instead of browser: I have set Acrobat Reader as default application to open PDF files.When I double-click a PDF file in Windows explorer this works. It also works when I open PDF file in my OneDrive folder using Windows Explorer.However: when I go online to my OneDrive folder and click it, it...
  3. Open PDF files in Adobe Acrobat Reader instead of browser

in Windows 10 Customization
    Open PDF files in Adobe Acrobat Reader instead of browser: I have set Acrobat Reader as default application to open PDF files.When I double-click a PDF file in Windows explorer this works. It also works when I open PDF file in my OneDrive folder using Windows Explorer.However: when I go online to my OneDrive folder and click it, it...
  4. Make Microsoft Edge download PDF files instead of opening them

in Windows 10 News
    Make Microsoft Edge download PDF files instead of opening them: [ATTACH]Windows 10 almost forces users to use Microsoft Edge as the default application for […] This article Make Microsoft Edge download PDF files instead of opening them first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  5. PDF opening in browser

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    PDF opening in browser: I downloaded some files from another person's google drive and when I open them it does so in chrome. I want them to open as a PDF not in a browser, can this be done?...
  6. All Browsers including Edge start downloading PDF files again and again (which were already...

in Windows 10 Customization
    All Browsers including Edge start downloading PDF files again and again (which were already...: I am facing a strange issue and not able to find a solution anywhere. I open PDF files from my hard drive and all browsers including Edge, chrome, etc start downloading it again & again instead of opening them. Although Adobe Acrobat Reader opens those PDF files perfectly...
  7. Edge Browsers & PDF'S

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Browsers & PDF'S: Why is it, when I click to open a PDF from my brokerage account to view a trade confirmation, Edge cannot open the PDF, however, when I switch to IE or Chrome no problem opening the same? Thanks 19348
  8. EDGE browser fails to open any PDF document

in Browsers and Email
    EDGE browser fails to open any PDF document: Everytime I download a pdf document within the EDGE browser, it's going to open it automatically, and then it shows this error: "Something is missing To view a PDF, you need some media functionality that you don’t currently have. You can install the Media Feature Pack...
  9. Installing Flash opens Chrome instead of default browser

in Browsers and Email
    Installing Flash opens Chrome instead of default browser: On now 3 of my 4 computers, when I install/update Flash Player, Chrome opens up instead of or in addition to my default browser. (I have Edge set as my default.) Does anyone have an explanation for this behavior? Shouldn't the install process only open the default browser...
  10. Cannot download or open pdf in Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Cannot download or open pdf in Edge: Sometime over the past couple of days I have lost the ability to download any files when browsing with Edge and I cannot open PDF files from within Edge either. Downloading just says xxxx.yyy couldn't be downloaded and nothing will fix it - yet I can download using IE or...