Windows 10: Browser (Edge & Firefox) loses focus when opening through taskbar

Discus and support Browser (Edge & Firefox) loses focus when opening through taskbar in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi, I recently realized a small problem that is getting to me: every time I open a new tab in a browser, be it Edge or Firefox, I'm used to click to... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by mtupperware, Aug 2, 2020.

1. Browser (Edge & Firefox) loses focus when opening through taskbar

Hi, I recently realized a small problem that is getting to me: every time I open a new tab in a browser, be it Edge or Firefox, I'm used to click to open it and start typing what I want to search, but it is not working like this anymore, when I open the new tab, it won't come forward with focus and I have to click on it to start typing. GIF below:

https://gfycat.com/likelyablearmyant

As you can see in the gif, this was happening only to my admin account, but now it is happening to other users too.

I recently updated Windows to version 2004, but the problem was happening before I did it.

Thank you.

:)

mtupperware, Aug 2, 2020

2. Firefox not showing as default browser?

HI Zane, sorry you’re having these troubles.

Here are the steps I would take:

Let’s run through some items to try to fix Edge.

Reset Edge. Click start - settings - apps - find Edge on the list. Click on it, and then advanced, terminate, then hit reset. Make sure it’s strong hold on anything is gone.

Now, uninstall Firefox, reboot, reinstall.

See if you can now assign Firefox as your default browser.

Good luck, and let me know!

- C

Charlie Klausen, Aug 2, 2020
  3. edge browser won't open

I had the same problem and tried all the suggested options, but none of them worked. Someone posted they had found a problem with the Trusteer Endpoint security software written by IBM and supplied by various banks.

I uninstalled Trusteer Endpoint and Edge now works, but when I tried to reinstall Trusteer Endpoint, it wouldn't install using Edge as it said I wasn't using a supported browser. Looking at the list of supported browsers, Edge isn't on it, but IE, Chrome
    and Firefox are.

GordonPenny48, Aug 2, 2020
  4. Browser (Edge & Firefox) loses focus when opening through taskbar

How do I make Firefox my default browser on a Windows 10 laptop

Step 5 is incorrect; when I go to choose an app, the only choices are Edge, IE, or Chrome; Firefox is not listed.

BruceEmory, Aug 2, 2020
Thema:

Browser (Edge & Firefox) loses focus when opening through taskbar

1. Browser (Edge & Firefox) loses focus when opening through taskbar - Similar Threads - Browser Edge Firefox

2. Chrome and Firefox browsers close, Edge unaffected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Chrome and Firefox browsers close, Edge unaffected: Directly following Microsoft Defender Antivirus cloud protection's gathering of additional security intelligence, both Firefox and Chrome browsers close.This happens multiple times a day, and is a recurring issue that has been going on for months.Edge is unaffected, and "just...
  3. FTP not working in Chrome, Firefox or Edge browser

in Windows 10 News
    FTP not working in Chrome, Firefox or Edge browser: [ATTACH]If FTP is not working in your Chrome, Firefox or Edge browser on Windows PC, and you are looking for resolution, then you have come to the right place. We decided to write this post since we received emails asking us why FTP was not working in their browser. You...
  4. Browsers hanging/freezing : edge , chrome .firefox

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Browsers hanging/freezing : edge , chrome .firefox: On my pc browsers keep on freezing again and again , I have cleared all the cache and removed all the data from browsers by resetting them . when browsers freeze other applications on pc work fine...
  5. Opening a browser app on the taskbar through the "task" submenu right click doesn't focus...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Opening a browser app on the taskbar through the "task" submenu right click doesn't focus...: Hello Community Support,since the October 2020 feature update, opening a browser app in my case Firefox and Edge, which is pinned on the taskbar through the "tasks" menu right click it doesn't focus it. Some more information, my Windows/SSD died and I got my technician to get...
  6. Browsers are overlapping the taskbar when they are fullscreen, even when they are not in focus.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Browsers are overlapping the taskbar when they are fullscreen, even when they are not in focus.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Daell [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gt0675/browsers_are_overlapping_the_taskbar_when_they/
  7. Browser windows and tabs open randomly in Edge, Firefox and Chrome

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Browser windows and tabs open randomly in Edge, Firefox and Chrome: Greetings, I started having this problem around the time I installed the Windows 10 Home 1909 version, build 18363.535. Web browser tabs are opening without user input. e.g. if I'm working in Firefox, the tab I am in will open my home page. Seemingly, in Edge, a new...
  8. Losing focus

in Windows 10 Support
    Losing focus: Hello, I have an annoying bug that i could not find an answer for. When i click on de navigation bar in the explorer, First it turns blue what is normal but then it loses his focus somehow. When I open notepad and click inside, the focus switches on and off. When i click on...
  9. Browser's extremely slow (Edge + Firefox) when surfing the web

in Browsers and Email
    Browser's extremely slow (Edge + Firefox) when surfing the web: browsing the web is "extremely" slow, I tried edge and firefox and both have this issue. However, on my other local user account it works just fine. My ISP is not the problem because as I mentioned, my other local user is just fine. I ran ccleaner and scanned for...
  10. Is there an Audio Equalizer for Browsers Like Firefox and Edge?

in Browsers and Email
    Is there an Audio Equalizer for Browsers Like Firefox and Edge?: Is there an audio equalizer that I can download for Win 10? My bluetooth headset sounds weird on Firefox and Edge when I listen to youtube and I want a way to tweak its sound. Let me know! 74610