Windows 10: Browser extensions disabled

Discus and support Browser extensions disabled in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I use various browsers on my computers associated with the different uses I put them to. On my Windows 10 machine, every time I launch Firefox, I find... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by robichris, Apr 25, 2016.

1. robichris Win User

Browser extensions disabled

I use various browsers on my computers associated with the different uses I put them to.
    On my Windows 10 machine, every time I launch Firefox, I find all of the extensions I have installed have been disabled. I have to re-enable them in settings and relaunch the browser.
    How can I stop this? It doesn't happen with my Windows 7 machine.
    It also happens with Chrome.
    Fortunately Maxthon (which I use most) isn't affected. And I don't use added extensions with Edge or IE but my wife, who does, says her Windows 10 machine disables extensions on Edge every time she restarts it.

:)

robichris, Apr 25, 2016

2. Remove search engage extension from Google Chrome

how do I remove or uninstall the "Search Engage" extension on google chrome web browser?

tried by disabling from the extension settings but will not allow to disable.

Original Title: Search Engage Extension

ThEDreameR_pinoy, Apr 25, 2016
  3. Flashing Icons.

An installed add-in or extension is possibly causing the flashing icons issue. If the issue also occurs when using a different web browser, I recommend temporarily disabling any add-in or extension installed and see if the issue continues. For the steps
    on how to disable extensions in Microsoft Edge, please refer to this
    page

Please respond back with the results.

Devlin Sco, Apr 25, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, strange- FF is fine on mine. Edge doesn't currently support extensions- this is supposedly coming, but probably in a limited way. Are you sure you're not somehow launching FF in its safe mode?

Is there any warning from FF- eg compatibility? Have you checked for add-on updates recently?
    Also note:
    Add-on signing in Firefox | Firefox Help

dalchina, Apr 25, 2016
  5. robichris Win User
    Always use the very latest version of all browsers. And all browser settings are set the same on Win 10 and on Win 7. Work OK on Win 7 but not Win 10.

robichris, Apr 25, 2016
  6. This thread belongs in the Browsers and Email portion of this site. That written, there are methods of tracking down and fixing Firefox problems; this one is rather strange.

Due to the oddness of what is happening, I suggest starting with creating a new Firefox profile, inserting a few extensions, then, using the new profile, test to see what happens when Fx is restarted, and then post the results in this thread.

Another thing to try is to run Fx in Safe Mode, test, etc.

Creating a new Firefox profile on Windows - MozillaZine Knowledge Base

Safe Mode - MozillaZine Knowledge Base

Not Myself, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Browser extensions disabled - Similar Threads - Browser extensions disabled

2. wSpeedAsk Browser Extension - Malware

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    wSpeedAsk Browser Extension - Malware: Split from this thread.Hi,I am going through the same problem as you guys.There is an extension named 'wSpeedAsk' and it reinstalls itself even after getting removed from all the browsers edge, brave, chrome.It is loaded from 'C:\ProgramData\Cljnhuz' and this folder too comes...
  3. malicious browser extension activity 4

in Browsers and Email
    malicious browser extension activity 4: I've started getting alerts from Norton for "malicious browser extension activity 4" from a website called 403 Forbidden. No idea why they've just started coming, but Norton requires a shutdown to 'repair' the issue. I can't find the website and have no idea what is causing...
  4. Question converning browser extensions ...

in Browsers and Email
    Question converning browser extensions ...: I was thinking of adding some extensions to my browser. I concern is that most, if not all, of the extensions want persmissions to access webpages visited, passwords, etc.. Seems to me that these extensions are just as risky as not using them. Why do these extensions need...
  5. How secure are extensions in browsers?

How secure are extensions in browsers?: I'm sure we all use a few (I know I do - BitDefender Traffic Light and Windows Defender Browser Protection), but given the recent news about Avast and AVG hoovering up and on-selling user data without permission, I want to start a discussion about whether, in order to make...
  6. Malwarebytes Browser Extension for Chrome

Malwarebytes Browser Extension for Chrome: Currently I use Defender and run Malwarebytes on demand. Does WD perform any browser related protection? I know it doesn't cover PUP's in std mode, Just wondering what the consensus is about this Malwarebytes Browser Extension for Chrome? Sounds like a good idea, but I...
  7. Malwarebytes or avast browser extension.

Malwarebytes or avast browser extension.: Hello , So i recently received a malwarebytes premium license for free and i decided to use the malwarebytes browser too , now my question is , which browser extension is better , malwarebytes or avast? i already had avast for chrome , but i think that malwarebytes might be...
  8. ID SAFE and Edge Browser extension

in Browsers and Email
    ID SAFE and Edge Browser extension: I use a password manager extension for Norton ID safe,,, it was fine for a long time but then one day something went funky and now whenever I have extensions enabled (not even logged in to the ID safe extension) my browser gets slow, when I type to search for instance at...
  9. Mozilla browser Container Extension

in Browsers and Email
    Mozilla browser Container Extension: How many of you have used the new Mozilla "face book" extension for its Firefox browser that isolates the Facebook identity of users from rest of your web activity ?? Facebook Container Extension, once installed in the user’s Firefox browser, makes it harder for Facebook to...
  10. Spartan Browser To Get Extensions Confirmed

in Windows 10 News
    Spartan Browser To Get Extensions Confirmed: Microsoft's new browser for Windows 10, codenamed "Spartan," will be getting extensions, company officials confirmed during a Twitter chat on January 27. In an #AskIE chat on Twitter, IE team members confirmed what had been rumored: Extensions are coming to IE. Microsoft...