Windows 10: Browser font in Italic Bold

Discus and support Browser font in Italic Bold in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Hey, I have an issue for a long time and never really found how to solve it. In some website font appear italic bold in a really weird... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/yhru, May 18, 2020.

1. /u/yhru Win User

Browser font in Italic Bold

Browser font in Italic Bold mDTf2fkim8rXqrdhnQjhIH3eL0b7RCXbUO3uToSdYeU.jpg

Hey,

I have an issue for a long time and never really found how to solve it. In some website font appear italic bold in a really weird way, I don't know what happens but it's with all browser (and only on the browser) firefox, brave, chrome, edge...

I check default font on the parameter, I try to reset windows font. If you have any idea of how to solve this I'll thank you to let me know

here an example of the font :

https://preview.redd.it/2zug7v3d6lz...bp&s=bef3d9de5bc18c4b3e3ef05bc08a64739a160fb5

submitted by /u/yhru
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/yhru, May 18, 2020
  2. Martmcd Win User

how to underline text & change it to BOLD italic in notepad?

notepad is limited in what it can do, you can make a word bold and italic by -

double click on the word (to select it)

select format from the menu, then font

choose a bold italic font from the lists.

as far as I know underline is not an option in notepad.

wordpad has more functionality, (click start and type wordpad).

select the word or phrase and use the following shortcuts ctrl+u (underline), ctrl+b (bold), ctrl+i (italic) or use the icons on the home ribbon.

Martmcd, May 18, 2020
  3. Arial Narrow Bold font renders in Bold Italic

When my Arial Narrow font is set to Bold, it renders in Bold Italic. I tried: rebooting the OS and reinstalling the Arial Narrow family from a backup, but the issue still persists.

I noticed a workaround in deleting the Arial Narrow Bold Italic variant, but I don't want to do that for the font to render properly. Otherwise, if I choose
    Arial Narrow Bold, rather than set Arial Narrow to Bold, it displays fine.

I observed (via Office font selection) that each Arial variant is OpenType, except for a TTF version of Arial Narrow I somehow got long ago. However, in my Windows fonts folder, I supposedly have the
    full Arial Narrow font family (which reports as TTF).

(Screenshot from Word 2013 font selection drop boxBrowser font in Italic Bold :)

Browser font in Italic Bold b8ec2614-8017-4499-adbb-80cb030f6b73.jpg

Can anyone educate me as to why this issue persists and provide clarity on how this rendering works? Thanks in advance!

Browser font in Italic Bold smile.gif

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Grundberg74, May 18, 2020
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Windows 10 default font, total fonts (with sub-fonts example segoe ui italic, bold, etc)

Hi rsotol028

The default system font in Windows 10 is Segoe U

This is the list of Segoe UI fonts required in Windows

"Segoe UI (TrueType)"="segoeui.ttf"

"Segoe UI Black (TrueType)"="seguibl.ttf"

"Segoe UI Black Italic (TrueType)"="seguibli.ttf"

"Segoe UI Bold (TrueType)"="segoeuib.ttf"

"Segoe UI Bold Italic (TrueType)"="segoeuiz.ttf"

"Segoe UI Emoji (TrueType)"="seguiemj.ttf"

"Segoe UI Historic (TrueType)"="seguihis.ttf"

"Segoe UI Italic (TrueType)"="segoeuii.ttf"

"Segoe UI Light (TrueType)"="segoeuil.ttf"

"Segoe UI Light Italic (TrueType)"="seguili.ttf"

"Segoe UI Semibold (TrueType)"="seguisb.ttf"

"Segoe UI Semibold Italic (TrueType)"="seguisbi.ttf"

"Segoe UI Semilight (TrueType)"="segoeuisl.ttf"

"Segoe UI Semilight Italic (TrueType)"="seguisli.ttf"

"Segoe UI Symbol (TrueType)"="seguisym.ttf"

"Segoe MDL2 Assets (TrueType)"="segmdl2.ttf"

"Segoe Print (TrueType)"="segoepr.ttf"

"Segoe Print Bold (TrueType)"="segoeprb.ttf"

"Segoe Script (TrueType)"="segoesc.ttf"

"Segoe Script Bold (TrueType)"="segoescb.ttf"

DaveM121, May 18, 2020
Thema:

1. Browser font in Italic Bold - Similar Threads - Browser font Italic

2. Helvetica Neue Light, Regular and Bold + italics in Windows adding fonts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Helvetica Neue Light, Regular and Bold + italics in Windows adding fonts: Hello! I have a suggestion for Microsoft:I'd like Microsoft can include Helvetica Neue Light, Light Italic, Regular, Italic, Bold and Bold Italic in Windows and across all Microsoft products, but without making it expensive.How can I make this suggestion? That's because I...
  3. Helvetica Neue Light, Regular and Bold + italics in Windows adding fonts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Helvetica Neue Light, Regular and Bold + italics in Windows adding fonts: Hello! I have a suggestion for Microsoft:I'd like Microsoft can include Helvetica Neue Light, Light Italic, Regular, Italic, Bold and Bold Italic in Windows and across all Microsoft products, but without making it expensive.How can I make this suggestion? That's because I...
  4. Problem with Aerial Bold always showing in Italic

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problem with Aerial Bold always showing in Italic: Having a problem with Fonts in Windows 10 that I can not resolve. All instances in browsers and applications where I have info displayed in the Aerial Bold font are now showing only in Aerial Bold Italic. Can toggle to view Aerial regular OK, and Aerial italic....
  5. Bold fonts in some applications

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bold fonts in some applications: [ATTACH] I don't know what I did wrong but text in some applications like IDM and Winrar are bold now and it's really annoying (in some cases I can't even see parts of information) . I've tried restoring default font settings in control panel, reinstalling seogoe font...
  6. Balloon Bold Font

in Windows 10 Customization
    Balloon Bold Font: I have used Balloon Bold font in my logo for over 20 years but when Windows 10 took over the industry suddenly it will not display properly in any of my programs word, Excel, Adobe Acrobat, etc. How can I get this font to display properly? In addition to it not displaying...
  7. Fonts in English and bold fonts

Fonts in English and bold fonts: I was on the phone 2 hours today with 2 different people from Microsoft Technical Support. When I pulled up, what I thought, were available fonts, I found out they are not available for me to use. But to show me what I can upload from Microsoft. ANY font I want, I have to...
  8. Desktop fonts turning italic

Desktop fonts turning italic: The fonts on my desktop and taskbar suddenly switched to italic. How can I get back to default settings? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-fonts-turning-italic/bee9aa78-1ac4-4e3c-a0a4-6551f1a78490
  9. Windows 10 default font, total fonts (with sub-fonts example segoe ui italic, bold, etc)

Windows 10 default font, total fonts (with sub-fonts example segoe ui italic, bold, etc): Hi i want to know the default system font of windows 10 how many fonts by total how many fonts with sub fonts example: segoe ui, segoe ui italic, segoe bold, segoe ui .......
  10. File Explorer Font is Bold

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Font is Bold: When I open File Explorer I find its font is Bold. I must have changed some setting somewhere to cause that. How can I return it to normal. Thank you 77165