Windows 10: Browser Hanging and pc freezing

Discus and support Browser Hanging and pc freezing in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hallo Sir/Madam i am using crome/opera on windows 10 home.The system configuration : Intel CPU Intel Pentium G3220@ 3.00 GHz, RAM 4 G.B, Motherboard... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DEBASISHPAUL1, Mar 10, 2020.

1. Browser Hanging and pc freezing

Hallo Sir/Madam

i am using crome/opera on windows 10 home.The system configuration : Intel CPU Intel Pentium G3220@ 3.00 GHz, RAM 4 G.B, Motherboard Gigabyte GA-H81M, GPU geforce GT 710 1GB DDR3. My browsers sometimes are hanging and stop working. I am not using any third-party Antivirus.Please help.

:)

DEBASISHPAUL1, Mar 10, 2020

2. browser hangs frequently

*Bang Head :banghead:
    i dunno what happened with my pc, later i just find my browser hangs frequently no matter what browser that i run. FF, Opera or portable browsers act the same
    every i open new tab or when i run for the first time it hangs about 20 - 40 seconds
    ive uninstalled and reinstall the browser but it still there
    any solution for this?

micropage7, Mar 10, 2020
  3. Sichuan Win User
    Browsers Hang, Freeze And Crash

I'm at the end of the rope on trying to solve this problem. I am using a Dell XPS-17 L702X laptop with 8GB of DDR3 RAM and two internal drives, 500GB each. I have 408 GB of free space on the OS drive, which is Drive C. I am running a clean installation of Windows 10 Pro x64. I've been searching for solutions for days and I've already read the posts on this forum that concern my problem. I have yet to find a solution. This problem occurs with my Pale Moon and Edge browsers, which are both up to date, and my research indicates that the Chrome browser also experiences my problem for some users. I use Pale Moon at all times simply because I've found it to be the best browser available. I tried the Edge browser simply to see if the same browser hang problem occurred while using it, and it does. I didn't have this problem when I did an upgrade from Windows 7 Ultimate x64 to Windows 10 Pro x64. My browsers worked perfectly. This problem only occurred after I did a reformat of the Hard Drive and did a clean installation of Windows Pro x64. The browser hangs every minute or less and the hangs several time a minute for about three to five seconds and then everything returns to normal . It freezes occasionally. It crashes but not often. It took me a very long time to compose this post due to all the hangs. Whenever the browsers hang the cooling fan sometimes increases and sometimes it does not. Although I cannot see the words I type while the browser hangs I can continue to type and the words will show once the hanging stops. I don't get black screens and I've never had to reboot. I simply have to wait.

Device Manager shows two display adapters, the top listing being Intel HD Graphics 3000 and the bottom listing shows NVIDIA GeForce GT 555M. Both adapters show that drivers are installed and list the version number. I've tried updating them in Device Manager and both show as having the latest drivers. I installed and ran the Intel Driver Utility and it shows "No Intel drivers discovered" on my system for the Intel adapter. NVIDIA states that my GeForce GT 555M adapter is not supported on Windows 10 and that they have no intention of providing a driver for my adapter for Windows 10. I don't appreciate NVIDIA's attitude but there's nothing I can do about it. I cannot install an older NVIDIA driver and even if I could I would not be able to run it in compatibility mode as others have tried and it's not possible.

I checked Dell's website for updated display adapter drivers but Dell states that they do not and will not support Windows 10. Don't ask me why because I don't know although it aggravates me immensely. My laptop certainly has the hardware to support Windows 10. I think that's a poor attitude for Dell to have. I currently have three Dell laptops and three Dell desktops. Dell will get no more business from me, although the company could probably care less. The Dell BIOS is version A19, which is the latest version for my laptop.

Many people solved their browser hang problems in Windows 10 in various ways but I don't suffer from any of their problems, which were associated with Acronis, dual monitors, the Chrome version of flash, virtual memory size, hardware acceleration, third party software, etc, etc, etc. Acronis is not installed because I had problems with every retail version of Acronis I own and therefore refuse to use it again. I am not running a second monitor. I don't use Chrome. My virtual memory has been set to 4000/8000 MB. I have disabled hardware acceleration in Adobe Flash. There is plenty of storage space in Adobe Flash. I have completely uninstalled Adobe Flash with the Flash Uninstall Utility, rebooted and the problem remains without Adobe Flash being installed. After reinstalling Adobe Flash the problem remains. The problem is not associated with my Microsoft mouse or the Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center. The mouse cursor will move during the times the browser hangs. I am not using any browser extensions. Using Clean Boot to diagnose the problem provided no relief. Doing a "Windows Repair" showed nothing to repair. sfc /scannow shows no problems with the file system. Kaspersky Internet Security is not causing the problem.

I apologize for the length of this post but I'd rather provide the information now instead of having many contributors to the forum ask me if I "did this" or "did that" or "it could be this" that causes it or "it could be that" that causes it.

I would like to solve the problem and continue to use Windows 10. Otherwise, I will be forced to go back to Windows 7 Ultimate.

Thank you in advance for your time and any assistance provided.
    Browser Hanging and pc freezing [​IMG]

Sichuan, Mar 10, 2020
  4. Browser Hanging and pc freezing

pc 'hangs' or freezes randomly

While in use suddenly nothing responds to mouse or keyboard for long minutes, then starts up again ok for a few minutes. Have tried all usual restart/etc. online suggestions without luck.

Have found in Task Manager - Processes - there are listed 4 'Suspended" items, Could they be the culprits causing the 'hang or freeze'.

Can't determine exactly what the suspended are so am hesitant to 'End Task' them.

klaro 1590, Mar 10, 2020
Thema:

Browser Hanging and pc freezing

1. Browser Hanging and pc freezing - Similar Threads - Browser Hanging freezing

2. Browsers hanging/freezing : edge , chrome .firefox

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Browsers hanging/freezing : edge , chrome .firefox: On my pc browsers keep on freezing again and again , I have cleared all the cache and removed all the data from browsers by resetting them . when browsers freeze other applications on pc work fine...
  3. Pc Freezing / Hanging / Blue Screening

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pc Freezing / Hanging / Blue Screening: My pc that I've had for about 7 months has been freezing and blue screening. This usually happens when I'm using a small usage program like Google Chrome, Spotify, and even 30 seconds after logging into Windows . When I want to use the small programs I have to have a large...
  4. browser video hangs

browser video hangs: I've tried to play videos from MSN web site others also using Edge, Firefox, and Opera ----- I've tried with two Dell computers and a Gigabyte ----- within 120 seconds of play, both video and audio stop working but the time index will often continue to run !!!!! Windows 10...
  5. PC freeze / freezing / hang 3 secs after login

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC freeze / freezing / hang 3 secs after login: Yesterday my PC went into full meltdown after what I'm assuming was an update after my PC restarted. After getting past the login screen when all the processes start about 3 secs in it would just freeze all input and then bsod (with no dump). Had to reinstall os 3 times and...
  6. PC Freeze/ Hang up

PC Freeze/ Hang up: I've been trying to figure this one out for going on a few years now and I feel like i'm close to a possible cause. What has started all of this was my PC kept getting stuck at the 30% Windows update mark. Still haven't been able to update yet. I am forced to hard boot when...
  7. New Dell PC randomly freezing/hanging

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    New Dell PC randomly freezing/hanging: So, My new Dell XPS PC has begun to randomly hang or freeze(3-4secs) and I assume it will only get worse. The pointer will lock in place for like 3 or 4 seconds. It's 4 days old and I think a contributing factor may be that I uninstalled a bunch of stuff that came pre-loaded...
  8. My PC just hangs and then freezes

My PC just hangs and then freezes: Source Windows Summary Hardware error Date ‎31/‎08/‎2019 02:06 Status Report sent Description A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly. Problem signature Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent Code: 193 Parameter 1: 810 Parameter 2: 0 Parameter...
  9. Newly built pc Freezing/hanging

Newly built pc Freezing/hanging: I have just recently built myself this new pc and I am running into an issue where it freezes randomly and the taskbar becomes unresponsive. When gaming it dosent seem to do it but when navigating windows it will freeze for a short period of time or somtimes (more often than...
  10. Browsers Hang, Freeze And Crash

in Browsers and Email
    Browsers Hang, Freeze And Crash: I'm at the end of the rope on trying to solve this problem. I am using a Dell XPS-17 L702X laptop with 8GB of DDR3 RAM and two internal drives, 500GB each. I have 408 GB of free space on the OS drive, which is Drive C. I am running a clean installation of Windows 10 Pro x64....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pale moon mouse cursor movement is not smooth fix configuration

2. opera browser freezing