Windows 10: Browser History...

Discus and support Browser History... in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I noticed that the Registry Key... HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Local... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Peter B, Sep 8, 2015.

1. Peter B Win User

Browser History...

I noticed that the Registry Key...

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppContainer\Storage\microsoft.microsoftedge_8wek yb3d8bbwe\Children\001\Internet Explorer\EdpDomStorage

...seems to keep a complete record of every site visited, despite cleaning of files via Windows Disc Cleaner, CCleaner or whatever Program one uses.

Can this be prevented?

:)

Peter B, Sep 8, 2015

2. No browser history

Hi,

Thank you posting on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to refer the below steps and check if it helps.

1. Open the Microsoft Edge.

2. click on Customize button present at the top of last box in Top sites.

3. It will give more options, Under Show select Top sites radio button

4. Save the changes and check.

If this doesn't work I would suggest you to clear cache and cookies of Edge.

1. Open Microsoft Edge.

2 Click on the three Horizontal lines and click clear browsing history.

3. Select Cache and cookies and click clear.

Note: This will remove earlier browsed data and information

Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Sep 8, 2015
  3. No browser history

Hi Cindy,

Thank you for the update and it is unfortunate that the suggestions did not work.

I would request you to use the Feedback App at start page in order to put in your feedback so the development team can work on the issue and try to fix it as soon as possible.

Do feel free to write to us in case you have any issues/concerns while working on your computer, we'll be happy to assist you.

Niranjan Manjhi, Sep 8, 2015
  4. brummyfan Win User

Browser History...

Have you tried clearing History? When I cleared the History all listings vanished.

Browser History... [​IMG]

Browser History... [​IMG]

brummyfan, Sep 8, 2015
  5. Peter B Win User
    Thank you brummyfan...yes, that cleared it.

I (perhaps stupidly?) thought that using something like CCleaner cleared stuff like that, rather than having to remember to use the settings in Edge.

Peter B, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Browser History...

1. Browser History... - Similar Threads - Browser History

2. delete browser history

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    delete browser history: I want to clear my browser history but don't have the tabs the instructions say to follow https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-browser-history/a2936685-8fa9-48f6-a130-9883258484ba
  3. History and Open Tabs sync in New Edge browser

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    History and Open Tabs sync in New Edge browser: What does history and open tab sync actually mean? It is not available now but does it mean the history won't be synced if I log in to another computer using microsoft account? Do the bookmarks, and extensions installed from edge store and chrome store in edge browser...
  4. How to stop browser history automatically deleting when I close the browser?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to stop browser history automatically deleting when I close the browser?: I recently selected an option on my browser so that history is automatically deleted once I close the window, but I've found that it's done more harm than good I've already looked at internet options > general > deselect 'delete browser history on exit', but my history is...
  5. Lost desktop files and Internet saved passwords & browser history

Lost desktop files and Internet saved passwords & browser history: Lost desktop files and Internet saved passwords & browser history on restart Windows 10. Any suggestions https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-desktop-files-and-internet-saved-passwords/2a9cd7c0-5f30-4004-9653-40b322786168
  6. Windows 10 - My browser and file history activity is appearing on laptop of other family member

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 - My browser and file history activity is appearing on laptop of other family member: The browsing and file access activity history from my Windows 10 laptop appears in my son's Windows 10 laptop. This is visible when he uses the Windows key + Tab option to view additional desktops. My activity is mixed in with his. He can see file names and the file type...
  7. Security Audit Failure Event 5061 In Win10 after every browser history deletion

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Security Audit Failure Event 5061 In Win10 after every browser history deletion: Security Audit Failure Event 5061 In Win10 after every browser history deletion This event is ONLY occurring after clearing the IE11 and Edge browser history i.e cookies, data files, etc., Is any one else by any chance having this issue ? This event appears to be...
  8. Microsoft Edge - Browser History Retention Time

Microsoft Edge - Browser History Retention Time: How long is the Browser History retained within Microsoft Edge and where is this information stored? A previous poster asked this in 2017 and was advised that "Browsers keep all websites that you have accessed unless you delete the browsing history. Edge and Internet...
  9. Windows 10 update keeps erasing my files, and any browser history

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update keeps erasing my files, and any browser history: For the past 4-5 months ever since some major windows 10 update, windows keeps erasing my files and any browser history (Chrome, Edge, firefox) What is being done about this? I had no choice but to update and now without warning, I'll log on and after a minute or so, it will...
  10. All files missing, including media files, document files and browser shortcuts and history

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    All files missing, including media files, document files and browser shortcuts and history: Help I'm on Windows 10, 1903. I put the computer to sleep and on waking it, all my files are missing, including media files, document files and browser shortcuts and history....