Windows 10: Browser issue - Top 5th of screen uninteractable, right click shows same menu as right...

Discus and support Browser issue - Top 5th of screen uninteractable, right click shows same menu as right... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, A client has been having a strange issue where the top 5th of the screen becomes uninteractable. Sometimes there's a black bar there, starting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Christopher Bell, Dec 12, 2018.

1. Browser issue - Top 5th of screen uninteractable, right click shows same menu as right...

Hi,

A client has been having a strange issue where the top 5th of the screen becomes uninteractable. Sometimes there's a black bar there, starting just slightly above the bookmark bar in Chrome, other times you can see the address bar, bookmarks, etc. but simply can't click on them. This makes opening new tabs, closing the window, clicking bookmarks or entering a new address rather challenging.

The issue seems to occur to all internet browsers at the time, so maximizing firefox, edge or internet explorer on that specific monitor will also cause the bar to appear and make that top 5th uninteractible. Right clicking this area causes the desktop menu to show up (view, sort by, refresh, paste, paste shortcut, undo, new, display settings, personalize, etc.)

The bar doesn't take over other windows, as we were checking Event Viewer at the time and tried maximizing that window on the same monitor and had no problem interacting with the top 5th of that window. It seems to exclusively affect browsers.

Fortunately we were able to find a workaround, where going into display settings and switching the main monitor around and then back would cause the issue to go away.

This is occurring with a HP laptop connected to an external BenQ monitor. Switching cables and updating drivers for anything related to display has yielded no results (except today, where updating the Intel HD graphics driver seems to have, HOPEFULLY resolved the issue, but it may come back, as my colleague also attempted to update this a couple weeks ago to no avail)

As previously stated, hopefully the driver update has fixed things, but I wanted to check to see if this was a known issue or, provided it pops up again in the near future, there may be some other method we can use to troubleshoot or some additional information someone could provide.

Thanks!

:)

Christopher Bell, Dec 12, 2018
  2. Naki Win User

Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

3. windows right click menu shows blank

Hello,

We realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Start menu showing up blank on your system. We will certainly help you with this issue.

• How often does this issue occurs?
    • Have you installed all pending Windows updates?

This issue could be due to missing or corrupted files present on your system. We suggest you to try the steps from the below Microsoft Help article and check if it helps:

Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Dec 12, 2018
  4. Browser issue - Top 5th of screen uninteractable, right click shows same menu as right...

mouse is not working right

unfortunately there isn't a lot to a usb mouse. what i would suggest is checking the power management settings on it.

Right-click the start menu and choose device manager
    Expand Universal Serial Bus Controllers at the very bottom
    Double-click on each HUB you have listed, click Power Management Tab at the top, and UNCHECK "Allow this computer to turn off this device to save power"
    You may have HUBs called Generic and Root Hub. Perform the step above on All of them.

If you continue to have the issue, i would imagine your mouse is malfunctioning. Perhaps try another mouse just to be sure. This will help you determine if it is in fact the mouse of computer causing the issue.

Good Luck!!

samsonbiatch, Dec 12, 2018
Thema:

Browser issue - Top 5th of screen uninteractable, right click shows same menu as right...

1. Browser issue - Top 5th of screen uninteractable, right click shows same menu as right... - Similar Threads - Browser issue Top

2. Right-click menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right-click menu: I work with *.py Python files all day. These files are associated with Python for direct running, but to edit a .py file I right-click on a file to get to an editor, either VSCode , IDLE, or EditPlus. Unfortunately, I can't select any of these directly. Instead, I have to...
  3. Right-click menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Right-click menu: I work with *.py Python files all day. These files are associated with Python for direct running, but to edit a .py file I right-click on a file to get to an editor, either VSCode , IDLE, or EditPlus. Unfortunately, I can't select any of these directly. Instead, I have to...
  4. right click menu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    right click menu: how do i remove something off the right click menu submitted by /u/kubunio10 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mopspb/right_click_menu/
  5. Cant Click in Top Right of Screen?

Cant Click in Top Right of Screen?: I built a new PC with Windows 10 last week, and the past few days I have noticed I can't click in a small corner of the screen (top right). No clicks register, whether it's in a game or watching a video. I have seen people say Slack causes this issue but I do not have Slack....
  6. Right Click Context Menu Issue With Edge Chromium Browser

Right Click Context Menu Issue With Edge Chromium Browser: I was very intrigued with the Microsoft Edge Chromium browser and I wanted to try it out, so I downloaded and installed the beta version. The version I'm using right now is Version 79.0.309.30 (Official build) beta (64-bit). I like the look and feel of this "new" browser very...
  7. Right click and mouse clicks not working on right 1/5th of screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Right click and mouse clicks not working on right 1/5th of screen: [ATTACH] Issue: When I click the right 1/5th part of the screen, only a greyed out Copy box appears instead of the regular right click menu. if there are any windows in that section, the minimize, maximize, and close buttons cannot be clicked. I have to drag the window out...
  8. right click menu

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    right click menu: when using the right click menu, how do i get a "confirm" option before deleting a file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/right-click-menu/5122906b-d095-4233-a785-1aadb877a634"
  9. Right click menu issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Right click menu issue: I absolutely love this theme....except that the context (right click) menus remain white. I can't believe they were intended to be this way. The theme has such beautiful artwork otherwise. Any advice, suggestions and help would be greatly appreciated. (other than live with...
  10. Issues with right clicking start menu.

in Windows 10 Support
    Issues with right clicking start menu.: Prior to upgrading to build 1511 a few days ago I could right click on the start menu and all the icons works. Could run as an administrator with no issue. However for the last few days clicking on any icon from the right click start menu does nothing. Level three at...