Windows 10: Browser keeps switching off web protection Checked Web Protection in Defender - No Providers

Discus and support Browser keeps switching off web protection Checked Web Protection in Defender - No Providers in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; For the longest time no matter how many times I set browser security to 'Allow' it changes itself to 'Insecure' contacted MS told to change Explorer... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by liddlelur, Apr 27, 2020.

1. liddlelur Win User

Browser keeps switching off web protection Checked Web Protection in Defender - No Providers

For the longest time no matter how many times I set browser security to 'Allow' it changes itself to 'Insecure' contacted MS told to change Explorer settings did that made no difference. Now no matter now all sites saying 'Insecure' checked Web protection in Defender it says 'Web Protection - No providers it's greyed out so can't change it - I assumed that Defender why doesn't it and what can I do to fix this issue would appreciate some help

Thanks

:)

liddlelur, Apr 27, 2020
  2. oemSoft Win User

Any web protection for browser for windows defender?

I would like to know on whether windows defender offers any web protection for browser or not

Browser : Edge, FireFox, Chrome

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

oemSoft, Apr 27, 2020
  3. Any web protection for browser for windows defender?

Using Windows 10 Home, you won't be able to use the Sandbox feature of WDAG.

But you can still use the embedded Windows Defender Browser Protectionin Edge.

In Chrome, you will need to install an extension:
    https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/windo...

Unfortunately, there is no extension for Firefox yet.

Windows Defender Browser Protection will check it against a constantly updated list of malicious URLs known to Microsoft.

If the malicious link matches one on the list, Windows Defender Browser Protection will show a red warning screen letting you know that the web page you are about to visit is known to be harmful, giving you a clear path back to safety with one click.

Jimmy_Timon, Apr 27, 2020
  4. CheweyQG Win User

Browser keeps switching off web protection Checked Web Protection in Defender - No Providers

Web protection for Windows 10

Hello Everyone,

I was recently looking at my antivirus, firewall and web protection settings on my Windows 10 laptop. I saw that Windows Antivirus was on and that Windows Firewall was on but upon looking at the Web Protection setting, it said "No Providers". I am using
    Chrome Browser and what I need to know is if I need to get Web Protection from Windows or another provider and I need to know that it will be compatible with Windows Defender Antivirus and Firewall which are enabled on my Windows 10 computer. I've heard that
    other providers cause problems so I need to know which Web Protection would be compatible with Windows Defender Antivirus and Firewall. It would also be nice if it was free! Thank you for your help....I appreciate it.

CheweyQG, Apr 27, 2020
Thema:

1. Browser keeps switching off web protection Checked Web Protection in Defender - No Providers - Similar Threads - Browser keeps switching

2. Web Protection Provider?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Web Protection Provider?: I have Avast Premium on my Dell G5 550 laptop, Windows 10. The Windows Security app indicates no issues, no action needed for any of category. Yet on the "Security Providers" tab, under the Web protection category, it says "no providers". How can this be? Naturally, I'm...
  3. Web Protection Provider?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Web Protection Provider?: I have Avast Premium on my Dell G5 550 laptop, Windows 10. The Windows Security app indicates no issues, no action needed for any of category. Yet on the "Security Providers" tab, under the Web protection category, it says "no providers". How can this be? Naturally, I'm...
  4. Web Protection Provider?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. 'No providers' is indicated under Web Protection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    'No providers' is indicated under Web Protection: I have just uninstalled Norton, a third-party app, because I was advised that Microsoft Defender is already enough to protect my laptop. But unlike "antivirus" and "firewall" under "web protection" it states "no providers". Does this mean I have no web protection and need to...
  6. 'No providers' is indicated under Web Protection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    'No providers' is indicated under Web Protection: I have just uninstalled Norton, a third-party app, because I was advised that Microsoft Defender is already enough to protect my laptop. But unlike "antivirus" and "firewall" under "web protection" it states "no providers". Does this mean I have no web protection and need to...
  7. Web protection provider

Web protection provider: I've opened up Windows Security and in the navigation pane at the bottom is "Settings" then "Manage security providers" which shows this: [img] My question is, do you guys use web protection provider and if so which one? I would prefer to not install any kind of antivirus...
  8. Why there is no provider in Web Protection?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why there is no provider in Web Protection?: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/e6rj3de81vw51.png?width=774&format=png&auto=webp&s=f9165bdc94d13b33cbd560936e43561f376ceea6 submitted by /u/Nikhil4ucoc [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jmro8y/why_there_is_no_provider_in_web_protection/
  9. Any web protection for browser for windows defender?

Any web protection for browser for windows defender?: I would like to know on whether windows defender offers any web protection for browser or not Browser : Edge, FireFox, Chrome Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance for any suggestions...
  10. Windows Defender Web Protection

Windows Defender Web Protection: Look This Windows Defender Web Protection is not turned on. Its say No providers, so my question is if web protection can turn on So tell me how to turn on it. [ATTACH]...