Windows 10: Browser opening multiple windows on startup and its consuming 50% (roughly) of my CPU.

Discus and support Browser opening multiple windows on startup and its consuming 50% (roughly) of my CPU. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Whenever i start my PC, almost 5 to 6 browser window are working in task manager (services), one of them is consuming 50-60% of my CPU, i just have to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by EhteshamArif, Aug 17, 2019.

1. Browser opening multiple windows on startup and its consuming 50% (roughly) of my CPU.

Whenever i start my PC, almost 5 to 6 browser window are working in task manager (services), one of them is consuming 50-60% of my CPU, i just have to manually quit that service in the processes menu of Task manager, then it works fine. It isn't limited to a specific browser. It was happening in chrome, thinking chrome would be taking a lot of resources i just uninstall it and then switched to Firefox. The screen shot is attached with this discussion. Furthermore, when i open browser window, instead of opening 1 window it open's one process with 5 sub processes. II don't know what to do.

I have tried clearing cache ,deleting extensions, cleaning history and reinstalling the browser but the problem is still intact.

Any assistance will be appreciated. Thanks.

Browser opening multiple windows on startup and its consuming 50% (roughly) of my CPU. eca5b23f-6e10-4ea5-9a99-a581270509fa?upload=true.png

:)

EhteshamArif, Aug 17, 2019

2. One of any system processes start consuming 50% cpu.

I am experiencing this for quite a while....

When system starts, i open the task manager to look for processes.....everything remains OK for few seconds.....then one of the processes automatically starts consuming 50% cpu.... when i kill the process, things become normal again for few seconds. But
    then again, another of the processes start consuming the same cpu....

Can anybody help me with this?

Regards....

MuhammadHassan5, Aug 17, 2019
  3. One of any system processes start consuming 50% cpu.

What is the process ???

Can you take a snapshot of it and post.

Frank N St31n, Aug 17, 2019
  4. Avedis53 Win User

Browser opening multiple windows on startup and its consuming 50% (roughly) of my CPU.

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Aug 17, 2019
Thema:

Browser opening multiple windows on startup and its consuming 50% (roughly) of my CPU.

1. Browser opening multiple windows on startup and its consuming 50% (roughly) of my CPU. - Similar Threads - Browser opening multiple

2. 50% of RAM consumed when laptop is IDLE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    50% of RAM consumed when laptop is IDLE: I have a HP laptop with intel i5-8265U CPU @ 1.60HZ and 8GB RAM. Its bootup time is almost 5 minutes and even when I am not using any windows applications or running just one tab in the Chrome browser the RAM utilization becomes 50% or more. On running 5-6 tabs in Chrome the...
  3. 50% of RAM consumed when laptop is IDLE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    50% of RAM consumed when laptop is IDLE: I have a HP laptop with intel i5-8265U CPU @ 1.60HZ and 8GB RAM. Its bootup time is almost 5 minutes and even when I am not using any windows applications or running just one tab in the Chrome browser the RAM utilization becomes 50% or more. On running 5-6 tabs in Chrome the...
  4. Edge open 50 instances of itself on windows startup

in Windows 10 Customization
    Edge open 50 instances of itself on windows startup: when I boot on the my laptop and then goto startup section in task Manager it shows like 50 instances of edge yes i have counted and they were ±50 ranging from LOW startup impact to HIGH [ATTACH]...
  5. For every application and browser multiple processes opens and almost 50% ram utilized :

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    For every application and browser multiple processes opens and almost 50% ram utilized :: Hi, I bought new laptop and everything was fine, ydy windows prompted saying some upgrades need to be installed by restarting it will update. After update I could see any application i open multiple processes shown and high memory almost 50% ram is utilized. Can somebody...
  6. Browser opens multiple tabs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Browser opens multiple tabs: When I open google to access the internet, it opens with 3 tabs. All say the webpage was not found or is unavailable. I can enter a new address into any three of the search bars and access the internet. I have set my google preferences to only open the google search page upon...
  7. Browser opens at startup with weird webpage

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Browser opens at startup with weird webpage: This problem, I think, has started after upgrading to version 1903. When my PC starts, I get this webpage opened in my browser (Firefox): [ATTACH] I located the source and I have this startup process as shown by my task manager: [ATTACH] So am I facing a malware or...
  8. Opening Browser To Last Page On Startup

in Windows 10 Customization
    Opening Browser To Last Page On Startup: Earlier I started my laptop and a video I was last watching on my laptop started playing at the sign-in screen. This was really embarrassing as I was in a meeting and the sound playing was from mid-fight in a TV series, so characters were shouting 'motivations' at each other....
  9. Makecab.exe running at startup & consuming high CPU

in Windows 10 News
    Makecab.exe running at startup & consuming high CPU: [ATTACH] At times the makecab.exe process causes high CPU usage in a system and slows it down. Users have reported that the Process Monitor shows multiple instances of the makecab.exe process. So, what is the makecab.exe process that is running on [...] This post Makecab.exe...
  10. Roughly

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Roughly: Can anyone please tell me roughly how long a clean install of Windows 10 will take. I did the upgrade a while ago but now wish to do a clean install and am wondering how long I am likely to be without my email whilst doing it. Many thanks. 34374