Windows 10: browser opening new tab when trying to open links

Discus and support browser opening new tab when trying to open links in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi, Not sure if this is the right thread, but here goes. My issue is this: whenever I click on a web site shortcut, whether in my task bar or on my... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by bigbeardedbuddy, Jul 24, 2021.

1. browser opening new tab when trying to open links

Hi, Not sure if this is the right thread, but here goes. My issue is this: whenever I click on a web site shortcut, whether in my task bar or on my desktop, my browser opens a new tab with my browser home page, rather than going directly to the web site I'm after. This happens no matter which browser I'm using. Even if I'm running Chrome or Firefox by default, it will automatically switch to Edge, and open a new tab. All sticky keys features have been deactivated, since somebody suggested this may be the problem, but the problem still persists. This has only been happening since late yesterday. After numerous restarts. and powering off, waiting, then powering back on, the problem still persists. I am running Windows 10 Home. What am I missing? Please help if you can. I'm still able to open a browser and get to my web sites that way, but it's a pain in the butt. Thanks in advance. Kind regards, big beardedbuddy

:)

bigbeardedbuddy, Jul 24, 2021

2. Microsoft Edge - Link Opens In Same Tab/Force Browser To Open New Tab

Hello,

I can not find a solution to this and I was hoping someone would know the answer. I have users in my company that are complaining about a URL link opening in the same tab. This causes what they were working on to be erased.

Let me provide more detail:
    These users are using a call system in order to input tickets. If they do not finish the ticket and a new call comes in, a new ticket will pop up deleting their old ticket they were working on.

I have suggested they finish the ticket before taking a new call. I have also suggested that they keep notes outside of the ticket system, but they are determined to change the browser setting like we did in IE. (I even suggested getting the call manager provider on the phone) ... They really want to change the way Microsoft Edge handles opening a new website.

Does anyone know how to change these settings like we were able to in IE?

Thank you.
    Mike.

mruschmann, Jul 24, 2021
  3. Open new tab / window in S60 browsers. 2 techniques

On my 5800 UK v5.0.005

1) Open web browser... brings up list of book marks

2) Options -> Go to -> New web page

3) enter www.newtab.co.uk, then press Go to

4) Press arrow icon in bottom-right

5) Options -> Subscribe to web feed

6) Select "New Tab"

That's the set up.. Now to use it

1) Open google.com

2) Select Options -> Go to -> Web feeds

3) Select "New tab" from the feeds list

4) Select "Open new tab" from list

5) Select "Open new tab" from top of web page

Now there are two windows

Try deleting the feed from your phone, then following those steps.. let me know how you get on

cpitchford, Jul 24, 2021
  4. skiahh Win User

browser opening new tab when trying to open links

Mail app and web page links not opening new tab

This is probably something dumb I've done, but I can't figure it out.

emails in Mail used to open web links (http and https) in a new tab in my FF browser. Now, they open on the current tab. Not sure whether it's a Mail setting or a FF setting; both have been updated, so either could be the cause.

Any suggestions on where to look for how to handle links in email in Mail?

Thanks!

skiahh, Jul 24, 2021
Thema:

browser opening new tab when trying to open links

1. browser opening new tab when trying to open links - Similar Threads - browser opening tab

2. when scroll the mouse on browser or anywhere then automatic open new tab on browser .It...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    when scroll the mouse on browser or anywhere then automatic open new tab on browser .It...: when scroll the mouse on browser or anywhere then automatic open new tab on browser .It is disturbed for me .GIve me instruction to avoid this problem...
  3. when scroll the mouse on browser or anywhere then automatic open new tab on browser .It...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    when scroll the mouse on browser or anywhere then automatic open new tab on browser .It...: when scroll the mouse on browser or anywhere then automatic open new tab on browser .It is disturbed for me .GIve me instruction to avoid this problem...
  4. All web browsers open a new tab when I click on a link

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All web browsers open a new tab when I click on a link: For the last week I've been struggling with an issue that really is driving me CRAZY. I am a microsoft Edge user and I noticed when I click on a link it opens a new tab for the selected link. I am not a bing user, I only ever use google but I have tried all the help tutorials...
  5. All web browsers open a new tab when I click on a link

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All web browsers open a new tab when I click on a link: For the last week I've been struggling with an issue that really is driving me CRAZY. I am a microsoft Edge user and I noticed when I click on a link it opens a new tab for the selected link. I am not a bing user, I only ever use google but I have tried all the help tutorials...
  6. All web browsers open a new tab when I click on a link

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Links keep opening in new tab

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Links keep opening in new tab: Hi everyone. Recently I have been experiencing something new on my surface laptop 3. Previously, when I click on a website, for example, it would open in the same tab. However, recently, whenever I click on a link or website, it opens in a new tab resulting in so many tabs...
  8. Microsoft Edge - Link Opens In Same Tab/Force Browser To Open New Tab

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge - Link Opens In Same Tab/Force Browser To Open New Tab: Hello, I can not find a solution to this and I was hoping someone would know the answer. I have users in my company that are complaining about a URL link opening in the same tab. This causes what they were working on to be erased. Let me provide more detail: These users are...
  9. Browser opens multiple tabs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Browser opens multiple tabs: When I open google to access the internet, it opens with 3 tabs. All say the webpage was not found or is unavailable. I can enter a new address into any three of the search bars and access the internet. I have set my google preferences to only open the google search page upon...
  10. How to click a link in Edge and have it open in a new open tab.

in Browsers and Email
    How to click a link in Edge and have it open in a new open tab.: There seems no way to click a link in Edge and have it open in a new open tab. It either opens in the existing tab or creates a new closed tab, depending on which mouse button you use. 13145

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Via browser open in new tab