Windows 10: Browser opening

Discus and support Browser opening in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Good morning, I have a question I have a 32 bit hp pc and a 64 bit hp pc on my desktop when I click my Firefox Icon for my browser to open it takes 25... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by jerrypc1, Jun 17, 2016.

1. jerrypc1 Win User

Browser opening

Good morning, I have a question I have a 32 bit hp pc and a 64 bit hp pc on my desktop when I click my Firefox Icon for my browser to open it takes 25 seconds for my 64 bit browser to open and 8 seconds for my 32 bit browser to open.and I have both browsers setup the same and both are Firefox.any ideas why the difference?Thanks Jerry *Smile

:)

jerrypc1, Jun 17, 2016
  2. sahayam Win User

Nokia Xpress Browser not Opening

It is from avalid certificate!!!!!!

sahayam, Jun 17, 2016
  3. sahayam Win User
    Nokia Xpress Browser not Opening

No it did'nt help

sahayam, Jun 17, 2016
  4. Edwin New Member

Browser opening

@jerrypc1:
    I'm not fully understanding "32bit PC and 64bit PC"; are these two different Machines?

Edwin, Jun 18, 2016
  5. jerrypc1 Win User
    Thanks for responding Edwin, yes that is 2 different machines both are HP desktops one is a 32 bit pc and the other is a 64 bit pc. and they both boot up fast no problem but when i click on my Firefox browser to go on the internet the 32 bit pc browser opens completely in 8 seconds the 64 bit pc setup the same way with Firefox browser takes 25 seconds .I can not understand the difference.
    I am really curious. Thanks. Jerry *Smile

jerrypc1, Jun 18, 2016
  6. Edwin New Member
    Hmmm..., strange!
    If the architecture and FF bit versions are jiving, I can't pin the problem! *Confused
    Lemme think on it. *Smile

Edwin, Jun 18, 2016
  7. CountMike New Member
    Try resetting that super slow FF, even on my ancient laptop with single core and XP x64 it opens in 5 seconds.

CountMike, Jun 19, 2016
  8. Browser opening

MoxieMomma, Jun 19, 2016
  9. jerrypc1 Win User
    Thanks CounyMike But where do you reset FF Is it in options?

jerrypc1, Jun 19, 2016
  10. jerrypc1 Win User
    Thanks Moxie Momma I will try your suggestions and let you know when I get off Work.Jerry *Smile

jerrypc1, Jun 19, 2016
  11. Edwin New Member
    Menu/Help(?)/'Troubleshooting Information'/Refresh Firefox...

Edwin, Jun 19, 2016
  12. jerrypc1 Win User
    Thanks Edwin I had no Idea where to refresh FF I had never done it before But after I read your post I refreshed it and that really fixed it .It opens fast now.Thanks Again.Jerry*Smile

jerrypc1, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Browser opening

1. Browser opening - Similar Threads - Browser opening

2. Links from discord and facebook messenger open opera not edge. Edge is my default browser.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Links from discord and facebook messenger open opera not edge. Edge is my default browser.: How do i make all links shared in apps open Edge again? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/links-from-discord-and-facebook-messenger-open/55c31bf6-e32a-4788-a767-0a741f403e66
  3. Links from discord and facebook messenger open opera not edge. Edge is my default browser.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Links from discord and facebook messenger open opera not edge. Edge is my default browser.: How do i make all links shared in apps open Edge again? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/links-from-discord-and-facebook-messenger-open/55c31bf6-e32a-4788-a767-0a741f403e66
  4. Computer Not Opening any browsers / Infinite blue circle loading icon next to cursor and I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Not Opening any browsers / Infinite blue circle loading icon next to cursor and I...: So I was on google chrome and watching Youtube then suddenly google chrome closed randomly I tried to open google chrome back up but it instantly kept closing/crashing I restarted my pc thinking it would work again but it wouldn't so after many hours and restarts I decided...
  5. Computer Not Opening any browsers / Infinite blue circle loading icon next to cursor and I...

Computer Not Opening any browsers / Infinite blue circle loading icon next to cursor and I...: So I was on google chrome and watching Youtube then suddenly google chrome closed randomly I tried to open google chrome back up but it instantly kept closing/crashing I restarted my pc thinking it would work again but it wouldn't so after many hours and restarts I decided...
  6. Why do some links STILL open with Edge after setting my default browser to NOT edge, even...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do some links STILL open with Edge after setting my default browser to NOT edge, even...: Why do some links STILL open with Edge after setting my default browser to NOT edge, even after the EU ruling in 2010; and dont say its to do with non URLs...
  7. Why do some links STILL open with Edge after setting my default browser to NOT edge, even...

Why do some links STILL open with Edge after setting my default browser to NOT edge, even...: Why do some links STILL open with Edge after setting my default browser to NOT edge, even after the EU ruling in 2010; and dont say its to do with non URLs...
  8. Constant BSOD while opening Browser especially Chrome

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Constant BSOD while opening Browser especially Chrome: Hi,Need some help here where I have been constantly getting BSOD of either DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and something related to Kernel & System. Need someone to assist in investigating on whether it is related to my RAM that is required to change or it is because of a...
  9. Constant BSOD while opening Browser especially Chrome

Constant BSOD while opening Browser especially Chrome: Hi,Need some help here where I have been constantly getting BSOD of either DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and something related to Kernel & System. Need someone to assist in investigating on whether it is related to my RAM that is required to change or it is because of a...
  10. Is that possible to reset browser apps' "open with" so I can choose which browser to open...

Is that possible to reset browser apps' "open with" so I can choose which browser to open...: I found out the only way to do that is to edit a registry key. Will I have an easy way other than that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-that-possible-to-reset-browser-apps-open-with/df0371f4-d02b-4a47-a0a7-8f11f8d88b77