Windows 10: Browser opens at startup with weird webpage

Discus and support Browser opens at startup with weird webpage in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; This problem, I think, has started after upgrading to version 1903. When my PC starts, I get this webpage opened in my browser (Firefox): [ATTACH] I... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Md. Abu Sakib, Dec 4, 2019.

1. Browser opens at startup with weird webpage

This problem, I think, has started after upgrading to version 1903. When my PC starts, I get this webpage opened in my browser (Firefox):

Browser opens at startup with weird webpage 3d7e0a62-3a61-4139-b568-9a7e1c868ffb?upload=true.jpg

I located the source and I have this startup process as shown by my task manager:

Browser opens at startup with weird webpage 5b0eff04-c9dc-4fcc-b0ad-f187bd9f9c56?upload=true.jpg

So am I facing a malware or something like that?! Any help would be appreciated! Thanks in advance...

:)

Md. Abu Sakib, Dec 4, 2019

2. Webpages not loading on Windows 10

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience caused regarding the webpages as you are not able to open them. I will certainly assist you.

Please answer the below questions to assist you better.

1. Are you getting any error code or error message while you are opening webpages?

2. Is this issue specific to any particular browser?

3. Are you able to open the webpages in Inprivate mode?

Follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1:

Run the Edge or IE using InPrivate browser option and check the issue status.

Refer to these steps to open Edge or IE using
    InPrivate browser option.

Open the IE and press Shift + Ctrl + P

OR

1. Open the Edge, then click on more options (...)

2. Click on New InPrivate window.

Method 2:

I suggest you to reset the settings on the Microsoft Edge web browser to check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Steps to Reset Edge:-

• First of all launch Microsoft Edge Browser.
    • After that click on “More action” option which is visible at top right side of the browser and you will see “Settings” option.
    • Under “Settings” scroll down and you will see a button “Choose what to clear” under “Clear browsing data” option.
    • Once you click on this option you will see list of feature like
    • Browsing History
    • Cookies and saved website data
    • Cached data and file
    • Download history
    • Form data
    • Password.

I suggest you to try opening the websites with Add-ons on and check if it helps. Refer the steps provided to enable Add-ons on Internet Explorer 11 in the below link.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/internet-explorer/manage-add-ons#ie=ie-11

Reply us with more information to assist you better.

Anup Karkal, Dec 5, 2019
  3. Avedis53 Win User
    Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Dec 5, 2019
  4. Saah. Win User

Browser opens at startup with weird webpage

Safe Mode with network opens the browser on startup

Hi! No, it's not. Even if it was, Safe Mode isn't supposed to launch anything at startup. My antivirus and firewall are on the startup tab but my browser isn't, and in Safe Mode my browser launches but my antivirus and firewall don't.

Plus I don't think it's about startup programs, what happens in Safe Mode is that Windows launches that webpage and then the browser is called to open it.

Saah., Dec 5, 2019
  5. Avedis53 Win User
    Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Dec 5, 2019
  6. Saah. Win User
    Safe Mode with network opens the browser on startup

Hi! No, it's not. Even if it was, Safe Mode isn't supposed to launch anything at startup. My antivirus and firewall are on the startup tab but my browser isn't, and in Safe Mode my browser launches but my antivirus and firewall don't.

Plus I don't think it's about startup programs, what happens in Safe Mode is that Windows launches that webpage and then the browser is called to open it.

Saah., Dec 5, 2019
Thema:

Browser opens at startup with weird webpage

1. Browser opens at startup with weird webpage - Similar Threads - Browser opens startup

2. Browsers open, close then reopen on startup.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Browsers open, close then reopen on startup.: Whether I use MS Edge, or Firefox, or Chrome, or DuckDuckGo... When I start the apps they immediately pop open, and within 1 second the browser immediately closes, then within 2-3 seconds the browser reopens and seems to be working without major issues. This seemed to start...
  3. Browsers open, close then reopen on startup.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Browsers open, close then reopen on startup.: Whether I use MS Edge, or Firefox, or Chrome, or DuckDuckGo... When I start the apps they immediately pop open, and within 1 second the browser immediately closes, then within 2-3 seconds the browser reopens and seems to be working without major issues. This seemed to start...
  4. Browsers open, close then reopen on startup.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Unwanted website automatically opening on browser startup

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unwanted website automatically opening on browser startup: Every time I open Chrome after fully exiting it, a website called me.fo automatically opens. I used malwarebytes and hitmanpro but they didnt change the situation. I altered C/Windows/system32/drivers/etc/hosts file by adding 127.0.0.1 me.fo at the end of it, but it didnt...
  6. Snipca not opening webpages.

in Browsers and Email
    Snipca not opening webpages.: Hi, Wondered if anyone else was experiencing similar on Windows 10. Thought maybe the glitch with recent updates could be the problem. Any advice appreciated. 152600
  7. Opening Browser To Last Page On Startup

in Windows 10 Customization
    Opening Browser To Last Page On Startup: Earlier I started my laptop and a video I was last watching on my laptop started playing at the sign-in screen. This was really embarrassing as I was in a meeting and the sound playing was from mid-fight in a TV series, so characters were shouting 'motivations' at each other....
  8. not open webpage

not open webpage: not open web page error (DLG_FLAGS_SEC_CERT_CN_INVALID https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-open-webpage/53925e82-0fee-4cba-ba2c-c4000037dc99
  9. browser crashes on specific webpages

browser crashes on specific webpages: I'm using windows 10, and each time i use to open or search hackerrank, hackerearth , malwayrebytes my browser crashes irrespective of which browser i'm using. it also crashes on some links which i could not remember. i have tried to open these links on different devices...
  10. Internet browser opening automatically to MSN at startup

in Browsers and Email
    Internet browser opening automatically to MSN at startup: I've seen this thread before but it was a year old. I have Windows 10 with Mozilla Firefox. The home page is set to Google and Firefox is not in the start menu. Recently when I started my computer the browser automatically opens to the MSN home page. I have scanned my...