Windows 10: Browser opens multiple tabs

Discus and support Browser opens multiple tabs in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I open google to access the internet, it opens with 3 tabs. All say the webpage was not found or is unavailable. I can enter a new address into... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AnshumanChakraborty, Jul 7, 2020.

1. Browser opens multiple tabs

When I open google to access the internet, it opens with 3 tabs. All say the webpage was not found or is unavailable. I can enter a new address into any three of the search bars and access the internet. I have set my google preferences to only open the google search page upon startup. These are the titles of the three tabs:

file:///C:/Program
    http://files/
    http://%28x86%29/Google/Chrome/Application/chrome.exe

Please help

:)

AnshumanChakraborty, Jul 7, 2020

2. EDGE multiple tabs

Windows 10 Edge browser - I would like to have multiple tabs open when I start my EDGE, but I want one of those tabs to be the Top sites and suggested content page

VaLentinCohen, Jul 7, 2020
  3. INTERNET EXPLORER WIN 10 NOT OPENING MULTIPLE TABS

Hello Harry,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We will assist you in resolving the issue.

Before assisting further, I would like o ask you few questions:

• What is the error message/error code you get?

• Did you check if the settings of the browser has changed?

I suggest you to change the Internet Explorer settings by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Open Internet Explorer web browser and press
      Alt + X keys on the keyboard to open the browser settings.

• Select Internet Options from the menu.

• From the window, check Start with tabs from the last session under
      Startup option.

• Click on Apply and OK.

• Close and open the browser to check if the changes are effective.

Write to us with the answers to the above questions and the status of the issue for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Jul 7, 2020
  4. Jessen P Win User

Browser opens multiple tabs

Multiple tabs opening at once

Hi,

Thank you for being part of Microsoft Community.

• Which browser do you use where the tabs are opening?
    • Does the tab open randomly or it happens when you click on some link?

Please reply to questions in order to assist you in a better way.

Jessen P, Jul 7, 2020
Thema:

Browser opens multiple tabs

1. Browser opens multiple tabs - Similar Threads - Browser opens multiple

2. Multiple Tabs Open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple Tabs Open: When I have multiple tabs open in Chrome I can not go back to the tabs already opened. It happens with Edge as well. My computer is affected by this problem as well. I just got this computer yesterday. Device name DustinGrant Processor 13th Gen IntelR CoreTM i5-1335U 1.30 GHz...
  3. Multiple Tabs Open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple Tabs Open: When I have multiple tabs open in Chrome I can not go back to the tabs already opened. It happens with Edge as well. My computer is affected by this problem as well. I just got this computer yesterday. Device name DustinGrant Processor 13th Gen IntelR CoreTM i5-1335U 1.30 GHz...
  4. Remove taskbar thumbnail previews for browsers with multiple tabs open.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove taskbar thumbnail previews for browsers with multiple tabs open.: If you click on any app on your taskbar besides browsers it just opens that app. That's great. Thumbs up emoji.Win10 and Win11 if you click on a browser with multiple tabs open it opens a THUMBNAIL PREVIEW.If you DOUBLE CLICK on a browser with multiple tabs open it still...
  5. Remove taskbar thumbnail previews for browsers with multiple tabs open.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove taskbar thumbnail previews for browsers with multiple tabs open.: If you click on any app on your taskbar besides browsers it just opens that app. That's great. Thumbs up emoji.Win10 and Win11 if you click on a browser with multiple tabs open it opens a THUMBNAIL PREVIEW.If you DOUBLE CLICK on a browser with multiple tabs open it still...
  6. Too many browser tabs open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Too many browser tabs open: I am having slow and freezing problems with edge and firefox browsers. I started opening task manager and checking the browsers. When I open 4 windows in firefox 3 of them will tell me firefox is already running and task manager might show 10-20 running and edge sometimes...
  7. Browser Tab becomes maximimized when deleting one of multiple tabs...

in Browsers and Email
    Browser Tab becomes maximimized when deleting one of multiple tabs...: This is frustrating. I'm a new Win10 user. The issue is when using Chrome and multiple tabs within Chrome and I open another Chrome page. My is monitor is split between the two browsers/windows. There's nothing else open. Randomly when I move my mouse over to the X to close...
  8. Multiple Firefox browser tabs load

in Browsers and Email
    Multiple Firefox browser tabs load: *BiggrinRandomly when i`m using Outlook 365 or Firefox 62, numerous Firefox icons will run along the taskbar and vertically, and it`s quite difficult to stop and get rid of them, and most times i have to turn the computer off to start again. On the page it loads is "Try...
  9. Multiple Firefox browser tabs load

in Windows 10 Support
    Multiple Firefox browser tabs load: *BiggrinRandomly when i`m using Outlook 365 or Firefox 62, numerous Firefox icons will run along the taskbar and vertically, and it`s quite difficult to stop and get rid of them, and most times i have to turn the computer off to start again. On the page it loads is "Try...
  10. No browser except for edge is able to open multiple tabs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No browser except for edge is able to open multiple tabs: Hey, My problem began after the update on the 24th of July (KB434521) for version 1803. I was a chrome user and when I started chrome yesterday and tried opening more than 2 tabs, it would say pages are unresponsive and the only way to close it was to open task manager and...