Windows 10: Browser recommendations

Discus and support Browser recommendations in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; IE11 is being supported by less & less websites, so at times, I've been using Edge. I don't like using Edge, I find it less customizable, heard & read... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by CJW, Oct 25, 2019.

1. CJW
    CJW Win User

Browser recommendations

IE11 is being supported by less & less websites, so at times, I've been using Edge. I don't like using Edge, I find it less customizable, heard & read that it's not as secure as many other browsers & throws messages & warnings at me from time to time even though I've told it not to. It also will not remember my setting when I need to use Google Authentication.

So, as far as security, privacy, customization & being light on the system; what's a good browser to go with?

:)

2. Jsssssssss, Oct 25, 2019
  3. defualt browser

Hi Llyan,

If you're having issues with setting a default browser, it can be due to some changes in the configuration settings. To assist you with your concern, we recommend that you set your preferred browser as the default by following the steps listed below:

• Type Settings in the Search bar and press
      Enter
    • Choose System then click on Default apps.
    • Scroll down, and click Set defaults by app option.
    • Click on your preferred browser, then click Choose defaults for this program.
    • Click Select all, then Save.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Eileen Gal, Oct 25, 2019
  4. Browser recommendations

BF4 Browser Utility

Browser recommendations LogoBrowser.png

New! BF4 Browser Utility v1.2

This Browser will reduce the amount of memory a regular browser uses to View the Battlelog. This browser works for BF3 and BF4. Enjoy! *Toast :toast:

Change Log v1.2
    • New Features
      • New Icon.
      • New Type "about:config" in the address bar and click "Go" or press Enter on your keyboard to display the list of preferences for the GeckoFX browser.
    • Improvements.
      • Code optimization
    • Fixed Issues in previous release
      • Fixed - On the update window when you click "Yes" to get the update would take you to the old "BF3 Browser Utility" page. Now it takes you to the correct page.
    Spoiler: Screen Shots
    Browser recommendations Main.jpg

Browser recommendations Refresh.jpg

Browser recommendations about.jpg

Spoiler: Previous Change Logs Change Log v1.1
    • New Features
      • New Switch to BF3/BF4 button.
      • New hyper-link to the Home thread in the About window.
    • Improvements.
      • Code optimization
    • Fixed Issues in previous release
      • Fixed - If Bf4 was open before the browser and the "Auto Refresh" was enabled the Battlelog page would not load properly.
    Spoiler: Bug alert No bugs in this release yet!
    Spoiler: BF4 Browser Utility Disclaimer Disclaimer
    • The "BF4 Browser Utility" is provided as is without any guarantees or warranty.
    • The author is under no obligation to provide support, service, corrections, or upgrades to the "BF4 Browser Utility".
    • The posted file is in no way associated with "techpowerup!". Please direct any issues or questions in this thread.
    • By executing or Downloading the "BF4 Browser Utility" you agree to these terms.
    Spoiler: Requirements Microsoft .Net Framework 4.5 - Download
    Download Here!

Mindweaver, Oct 25, 2019
Thema:

Browser recommendations

1. Browser recommendations - Similar Threads - Browser recommendations

2. Microsoft Recommended Browser

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Recommended Browser: Why at the top of this page tells me to try browser recommended by Microsoft when I already use it ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-recommended-browser/667add70-932a-4110-adba-0fdd3385c162
  3. Browser recommendations

Browser recommendations: I use Brave browser. Every time I visit a Microsoft webpage I get a bar across the top of the page asking me to switch my default browser to Microsoft Edge. I will not switch my browser to Microsoft Edge. How do I get these pages to quit asking me to switch every time I...
  4. How to disable the Use Recommended Browser Settings prompt in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    How to disable the Use Recommended Browser Settings prompt in Microsoft Edge: This post will show you how you can disable the Use recommended browser settings prompt on your Edge browser. Microsoft has started prompting “Use Microsoft recommended browser settings” in the Edge Chromium that seems the company is now urging or pushing users to use Edge as...
  5. How to remove the "web browser restore recommended" nag in settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to remove the "web browser restore recommended" nag in settings: so i change settings often and every time i open the app this nag comes to greet me. is there any registry tweak to get rid of the nagware? i get why they want to push bing onto their users but why edge too? its based off chromium so i dont get it....
  6. Recommend a Site-Specific Browser (SSB) approach for Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Recommend a Site-Specific Browser (SSB) approach for Windows 10?: Something similar to Fluid on macOS? EDIT: I use Firefox as my default browser on Windows 10. submitted by /u/DoctorOddfellow [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l4mxer/recommend_a_sitespecific_browser_ssb_approach_for/
  7. Microsoft now has recommendation for Edge browser in the taskbar

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft now has recommendation for Edge browser in the taskbar: Following advertisements being run on Outlook website, Start Menu, and Windows Search, Microsoft is now adding advertisement or recommendation for Chromium Edge to the Windows 10’s Taskbar. If you’re running Windows 10 October 2020 Update and Chromium Edge is pinned to the...
  8. How do I block this constantly annoying popup "The new browser recommended by Microsoft is...

How do I block this constantly annoying popup "The new browser recommended by Microsoft is...: How do I block this constantly annoying popup "The new browser recommended by Microsoft is here".Constant annoyance!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-block-this-constantly-annoying-popup-the/c1281a74-b165-4c64-83ff-c7ffee69419a
  9. Is there a way to remove the 'Microsoft Edge: New Microsoft recommended browser' at the top...

Is there a way to remove the 'Microsoft Edge: New Microsoft recommended browser' at the top...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/IlliterateJedi [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gwjn6t/is_there_a_way_to_remove_the_microsoft_edge_new/
  10. Windows Search recommends Edge when searching for other browsers.

Windows Search recommends Edge when searching for other browsers.: As the title says, Search is now recommending to try Edge whenever I search for Chrome, or any other browser, doesn't matter if it is installed or not. This is how it looks. As you can also see, suggestions in Star Menu are disabled, yet not enforced. And this is when...