Windows 10: Browser(s) reporting ERR_CONNECTION_FAILED

Discus and support Browser(s) reporting ERR_CONNECTION_FAILED in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hello! The system works fine until you let it set idle for a number of hours and then all of a sudden you cannot browse anywhere. Doesn't matter what... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Handler, Apr 22, 2021.

1. Handler Win User

Browser(s) reporting ERR_CONNECTION_FAILED

Hello!

The system works fine until you let it set idle for a number of hours and then all of a sudden you cannot browse anywhere. Doesn't matter what browser, Edge, Chrome, Firefox they all give the same error. Even for localhost and the loopback.

Browser(s) reporting ERR_CONNECTION_FAILED [​IMG]

Now ... if you ping those same address from the command line it tells you a different story.

ping.txt

I ran Windows diagnostics and it came up dry, no issues or errors found.
    windows network diagnostics report.pdf

I do not put my PC to sleep/hibernate. I just shut my monitor off or if I'm super lazy I'll just let the monitor time out.When the system gets rebooted works fine! But this is annoying!
    If you need to me dig up any other logs or diagnostics just let me know which!
    Thanks for any and all help!
    MS Windows 10 Pro
    Version 21H1 (OS Build 19043.962)
    Best Regards,
    Dave

:)

Handler, Apr 22, 2021

2. Err_connection_failed in chrome and other browsers

Hi,

I was facing this problem a couple of months ago.

After using my laptop for few hours, 3 or 4 for example, i suddenly get the page which says: this site can't be reached with the error Err_connection_failed.

In edge this problem comes under: hmmm... can t reached this page, with error: there was a temporary DNS error. Try refreshing the page. Error code : INET_E_RESOURCE_NOT_FOUND.

I have tried the solution that says to set search dns manual a give the dns address 8.8.8.8 8.8.4.4 but does not work

The only temporary solution is to reboot the computer. And again after few hours the problem return.

Sometimes when I'm playing an online game, I switch between the game and browse for some music or other activities but i face the problem. The strange thing is that the game sometimes continues running even when i start facing the error.

I hope you can help somehow because I'm starting to be desperate about solving this problem. I do not find an exact similar problem in threads like mine.

Thanks

KaramEl Hachimi, Apr 22, 2021
  3. defualt browser

Hi Llyan,

If you're having issues with setting a default browser, it can be due to some changes in the configuration settings. To assist you with your concern, we recommend that you set your preferred browser as the default by following the steps listed below:

• Type Settings in the Search bar and press
      Enter
    • Choose System then click on Default apps.
    • Scroll down, and click Set defaults by app option.
    • Click on your preferred browser, then click Choose defaults for this program.
    • Click Select all, then Save.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Eileen Gal, Apr 22, 2021
  4. Browser(s) reporting ERR_CONNECTION_FAILED

Browsers report no internet while ping works and windows reports connection

On my Windows 10 laptop from the browser (Chrome, Firefox, Waterfox, Edge) trying to access internet sites reports that it can't connect after a while, but ping works. Accessing local servers is fine. Accessing sites through an explicit local proxy in Waterfox also works.

After a reboot the browsers work for a bit, but then fail.

putty telnet seems to work fine.

I've already tried steps from:

Ping works fine, but no Internet connection in browser

I've done a wireshark and it shows that TCP connections are getting reset (RST packets from the machine as far as I can tell).

The machine has Sophos Anti-virus installed. MS Office also, but not much else.

EDIT:
    I have now tried:

• Disabled the firewall - the problem still occurs.
    • Tried Opera browser as well
    • Tried wget from powershell - also reports the connection being reset, at the same time that the browsers are not working
    • Tried Privoxy - also not working when browsers direct aren't working.
    • Removed Sophos entirely in case that was causing the problem.
    • Done a malware scan with Sophos Virus Removal Tool, which found nothing.
    • Updated the wireless driver for the built-in wireless adapter.
    • Tried a USB wireless driver.
    • Tried a wired connection, which seemed to work, but maybe we didn't leave it long enough.
    • Flushing the caches of Chrome, which appeared to work for a while.

Any ideas for how to get browsing working reliably?

Douglas Leeder, Apr 22, 2021
Thema:

Browser(s) reporting ERR_CONNECTION_FAILED

1. Browser(s) reporting ERR_CONNECTION_FAILED - Similar Threads - Browser reporting ERR_CONNECTION_FAILED

2. Browsers use reporting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Browsers use reporting: Hello,Using Microsoft 365 E3 setup with Intune+Azure AD Join+Defender 365;Using this environment, is there an easy way to report which browsers users use and which version?The target is to:1. Allow MS Edge, Chrome, and Firefox.2. Disable all other browsers.Would be...
  3. Browsers use reporting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Browsers use reporting: Hello,Using Microsoft 365 E3 setup with Intune+Azure AD Join+Defender 365;Using this environment, is there an easy way to report which browsers users use and which version?The target is to:1. Allow MS Edge, Chrome, and Firefox.2. Disable all other browsers.Would be...
  4. “ERR_CONNECTION_FAILED” on all browsers and apps that require internet connection.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    “ERR_CONNECTION_FAILED” on all browsers and apps that require internet connection.: Hi,I’ve been having this issue for the past week and every single solution I could find has not worked. Whenever I boot up my PC, my internet works just fine for about 20 minutes. After that, any application that requires internet that isn’t connected to Google just stops...
  5. “ERR_CONNECTION_FAILED” on all browsers and apps that require internet connection.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    “ERR_CONNECTION_FAILED” on all browsers and apps that require internet connection.: Hi,I’ve been having this issue for the past week and every single solution I could find has not worked. Whenever I boot up my PC, my internet works just fine for about 20 minutes. After that, any application that requires internet that isn’t connected to Google just stops...
  6. Zooming browser(s)

in Browsers and Email
    Zooming browser(s): After what I thought was a Microsoft update that my p c told me was available to install last night, this morning both Edge and Google Chrome browsers will randomly zoom the viewing area of the browsers until they are both maxed at 500% zoom! I take them back to 100% and they...
  7. Zooming browser(s)

in Windows 10 Support
    Zooming browser(s): After what I thought was a Microsoft update that my p c told me was available to install last night, this morning both Edge and Google Chrome browsers will randomly zoom the viewing area of the browsers until they are both maxed at 500% zoom! I take them back to 100% and they...
  8. Err_connection_failed in chrome and other browsers. Only solution is to restart.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Err_connection_failed in chrome and other browsers. Only solution is to restart.: Here I am. 1 years after my first post and still no solution. So I'm going to repost: Hi, I was facing this problem a couple of months ago. After using my laptop for few hours, 3 or 4 for example, i suddenly get the page which says: this site can't be reached with the...
  9. Err_connection_failed in chrome and other browsers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Err_connection_failed in chrome and other browsers: Hi, I was facing this problem a couple of months ago. After using my laptop for few hours, 3 or 4 for example, i suddenly get the page which says: this site can't be reached with the error Err_connection_failed. In edge this problem comes under: hmmm... can t reached...
  10. Test Report on Edge Browser

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Test Report on Edge Browser: I've been happily using Edge for quite some time, although it appears many others prefer Chrome or Firefox, which are great in their own right. You can read the report on Edge, as well as comparison with the other popular browsers here:...