Windows 10: Browser scrolling intermittent lagging /high CPU use

Discus and support Browser scrolling intermittent lagging /high CPU use in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi folks, Following annoying problem: On my Lenovo Thinkpad T420, 12GB Ram, Intel Core I5 2520m CPU, Intel HD3000 IGPU running Windows 10 20H2,... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by PanAm747, May 4, 2021.

1. PanAm747 Win User

Browser scrolling intermittent lagging /high CPU use

Hi folks, Following annoying problem: On my Lenovo Thinkpad T420, 12GB Ram, Intel Core I5 2520m CPU, Intel HD3000 IGPU running Windows 10 20H2, sometimes scrolling in the browser (Brave Browser) becomes laggy and very CPU intensive. Like 100% instead of 5-10% even on old mostly textbased websites and you can literally see the screen buildup square by square. I switched to Windows 10 a good year ago and this problem has been with me at least since. Too be honest I still could not single out the definitve the trigger. It most often happens when I try to use youtube. Youtube then becomes totally unuasable. But sometimes it starts when I browse less demanding websites too. After a couple of minutes it now often subsides and goes back to normal again. Other non chromium based browsers (Firefox, Old InternetExplorer) dont help at all. Neither does closing all other applications. Some background: First I thought it is the the GPU driver, as there is no official support for Windows 10. I played with hardware acceleration in my Browser, found out switching it off reduced cpu load. I did a driver downgrade from the 4459 driver to the 4429 version due fiddeling with an external display. Reactivated Hardware acceleration, now it reduces CPU load most of the time again? Last week I found in this forum that member nightmayor has created a custom driver version Custom Driver : Intel HD Graphics 2000 3000 Extreme Plus -by nIGHmAYOR and tried it out. Unfortunately, this lagging problem persists. He suggested it might not be a graphics driver issue after all so maybe I should create my own thread.... Any ideas? Thanks very much in advance..

:)

PanAm747, May 4, 2021
  2. PanAm747 Win User

Haha, rather would I go back to Windows 7 and use the update hack. Actually I did the upgrade because I wanted to get rid of buildup of like 25GB of Windows update trash and I also modded my machine with a QHD display which needs scaling that works better on windows 10? Beyond that, I prefer Windows 7. Really miss aero But this new display also complicates the issue in a sense that the high resolution probably contributes to CPU load in the "lag" mode. I never had the high resolution with Windows 7 so maybe the problem even existed before and it was hard to notice.

PanAm747, May 5, 2021
  3. PanAm747 Win User

Hi folks,

Following annoying problem: On my Lenovo Thinkpad T420, 12GB Ram, Intel Core I5 2520m CPU, Intel HD3000 IGPU running Windows 10 20H2, sometimes scrolling in the browser (Brave Browser) becomes laggy and very CPU intensive. Like 100% instead of 5-10% even on old mostly textbased websites and you can literally see the screen buildup square by square. I switched to Windows 10 a good year ago and this problem has been with me at least since. Too be honest I still could not single out the definitve the trigger. It most often happens when I try to use youtube. Youtube then becomes totally unuasable. But sometimes it starts when I browse less demanding websites too. After a couple of minutes it now often subsides and goes back to normal again. Other non chromium based browsers (Firefox, Old InternetExplorer) dont help at all. Neither does closing all other applications.
    Some background:
    First I thought it is the the GPU driver, as there is no official support for Windows 10. I played with hardware acceleration in my Browser, found out switching it off reduced cpu load. I did a driver downgrade from the 4459 driver to the 4429 version due fiddeling with an external display. Reactivated Hardware acceleration, now it reduces CPU load most of the time again?
    Last week I found in this forum that member nightmayor has created a custom driver version Custom Driver : Intel HD Graphics 2000 3000 Extreme Plus -by nIGHmAYOR and tried it out. Unfortunately, this lagging problem persists. He suggested it might not be a graphics driver issue after all so maybe I should create my own thread....

Any ideas?

Thanks very much in advance..

PanAm747, May 5, 2021
  4. PanAm747 Win User

Disk utilization stays the same

PanAm747, May 5, 2021
Thema:

1. Browser scrolling intermittent lagging /high CPU use - Similar Threads - Browser scrolling intermittent

2. Tiworker using high cpu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tiworker using high cpu: My problem started around 3 days ago when gaming my fps dropped to under 100fps and with a high-end PC this shouldn't happen. I checked task manager and "tiworker.exe' was using 50%-80% cpu but it closes in 5 seconds of me opening task manager, I've tried all the youtube...
  3. Tiworker using high cpu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Tiworker using high cpu: My problem started around 3 days ago when gaming my fps dropped to under 100fps and with a high-end PC this shouldn't happen. I checked task manager and "tiworker.exe' was using 50%-80% cpu but it closes in 5 seconds of me opening task manager, I've tried all the youtube...
  4. Tiworker using high cpu

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Ntoskrnl using high CPU

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Ntoskrnl using high CPU: Im thinking of doing a repair upgrade because of this ntoskrnl issue Should I do this repiar upgrade Will it solve my issue Will it reinstall windows 10 on my pcIt doesn't matter if it deletes my files Can I fix this issue by a repair upgrade...
  6. Lagging when using browsers?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Lagging when using browsers?: I usually use Chrome and I'm getting lags that are starting to get annoying. I don't usually get input lag but it happening more often. Sometimes I can't move my mouse and have to wait 2-5 seconds to see everything catch up. The mouse lag I described can happen in intervals...
  7. AppHelperCap.exe uses high CPU.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    AppHelperCap.exe uses high CPU.: Every day I open up task manager and find AppHelperCap.exe at the very top. How do I fix this, or is this normal? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/apphelpercapexe-uses-high-cpu/51dae15d-a923-4ca1-a06d-e2318d8e2ba8
  8. high cpu usage lag

high cpu usage lag: Hai ,i will be grateful if I will find out how to resolve my problem . When i open task manager show 47% cpu usage , but PC goes slow , Andrei i open anul other program show 100% cpu usage constant.[IMG][IMG]...
  9. CDPUserSvc using high CPU

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    CDPUserSvc using high CPU: Since 1 week I have been observing that my battery is draining higher and battery getting hot. After observing found that CDPUserSvc is using around 30% CPU. I think it is because of recent window updates. I tried uninstalling recent updates but no changes. I tried disabling...
  10. CDPUserSvc using high CPU

CDPUserSvc using high CPU: Since 1 week I have been observing that my battery is draining higher and battery getting hot. After observing found that CDPUserSvc is using around 30% CPU. I think it is because of recent window updates. I tried uninstalling recent updates but no changes. I tried disabling...