Windows 10: Browser security vs security package protection

Discus and support Browser security vs security package protection in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; This has nothing directly to do with Win 10, but ... Some time ago I read an article about browsers using TLS to protect against man-in-the-middle... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by pokeefe0001, Nov 13, 2018.

1. Browser security vs security package protection

This has nothing directly to do with Win 10, but ...

Some time ago I read an article about browsers using TLS to protect against man-in-the-middle attacks, and how some security packages disable this and become (in the eyes of the browser) a man-in-the-middle. I can no longer find the article. (I'm obviously using the wrong search arguments.)

Does this ring a bell with anybody? Can someone point me to articles explaining this?

I guess more importantly, does TLS actually provide enough protection, or does the presence of a security package add value here? (I'm sure it depends on the security package; I use Kaspersky Internet Security. And it may depend on the browser. I use FireFox.)

:)

pokeefe0001, Nov 13, 2018
  2. 95Viper Win User

Internet security

If you must have AVG...

Here is the comparison list --> We’ve got the right protection for you

Seems the AVG Premium Security 2014 is the better deal; as, it has all the features of the other, plus Identity Alert, Quick Tune and Premium Mobile Security.

95Viper, Nov 13, 2018
  3. qubit Win User
    Corporate Security Solution

That made me so facepalm. Some people have absolutely no clue. I hope they don't take you for granted with all this you're doing for them.

SonicWall is a good security product, so Mindweaver's suggestion sounds like a good one and should make for a rather bigger baby step. Let's hope they take it.

qubit, Nov 13, 2018
  4. Browser security vs security package protection

New security forum?

OMG Come on guys the security section is IMPORTANT! A stupid list does nothing. Hell if we don't make this a Networking and Security Forum, ill recommend myself to be the mod for security section and ask w1z about it because im tired of getting into software and seeing almost HALF antivirus issues.

Edit: If i'm not clear, a forum JUST for security, AV, and etc, RIGHT BY the networking forum, but not inside it.

PVTCaboose1337, Nov 13, 2018
Thema:

Browser security vs security package protection

1. Browser security vs security package protection - Similar Threads - Browser security security

2. Protecting security

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Protecting security: I lost my laptop, it was turned on. It requires a password to access aanything, but im not sure that if someone gets their hands on it, they will be able to access all my files, both ones on the hard drive and on my connected google accounts. How do i prevent access from them...
  3. Protecting security

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Protecting security: I lost my laptop, it was turned on. It requires a password to access aanything, but im not sure that if someone gets their hands on it, they will be able to access all my files, both ones on the hard drive and on my connected google accounts. How do i prevent access from them...
  4. Protecting security

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. System Security Protection

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    System Security Protection: My Windows 10 Surface Pro 6 has started requiring admin passwords for any change to programs. This is new to me. It just started today. When prompted I enter the Windows login password I use when I start up in the morning. That password does no work. I try Microsoft account...
  6. security and protection

security and protection: At Select Start , and then select Settings > Update & Security > Windows Security > Virus & threat protection > virus and threat protection page is not available. how it solve ?...
  7. security protection

security protection: after recent may update version 2004 my security provider has been changed to windows defender from quickheal tot security. i am not able to change it back though when i open quick heal it shows system has been actively protected no action require i got regular updates when i...
  8. Security protection

Security protection: Please confirm that with windows 10 I do not need another security program, (like Mc Afee). https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/security-protection/2de10cf2-bf76-4675-b6d9-b9bd9bd0059e"
  9. Security protection

Security protection: Do I need McAfee security protection if I have windows security protection? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/security-protection/9f513c29-c221-43da-ae30-20843f868daf"
  10. Security protection

Security protection: I need to know if ajtechy is a third party support service for Microsoft. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/mse-protect_scanning-windows_other/security-protection/bf664332-1ccb-4a32-b4a2-f85862f1f492