Windows 10: browser settings

Discus and support browser settings in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; my bank won't let me into my bill pay because my browser is blocking cookies. how do I change this?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by stewartfaunce, Jun 11, 2019.

1. browser settings

my bank won't let me into my bill pay because my browser is blocking cookies. how do I change this?

:)

stewartfaunce, Jun 11, 2019

2. Unable to set default browser

• Does this issue happens while you try to set other browser as default too or is it specific to specific browser?

Any browser.

Already did the steps you suggested. It's some kind of bug where it's impossible to set a default browser at all.

I heard elsewhere from one other user
    that it seems to be a problem with upgrading to 10 on the SP3. Sounds very specifc.

guustavooo, Jun 11, 2019
  3. Unable to set default browser

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this.

The information which you have provided is not enough for us to determine the issue. Please provide us more information.

• Does this issue happens while you try to set other browser as default too or is it specific to specific browser?

To set Internet Explorer/Edge as a default browser, I suggest you to follow the below given steps:

• Press Windows key and type Default Program in search and hit enter.
    • Select "Set your default programs"
    • Click on “Internet Explorer" or “Edge”.
    • Select "Set this program as default” and Click OK.

Please post back with the results and the information asked, we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Jun 11, 2019
  4. Arun B J Win User

browser settings

Setting Chrome as my default browser - Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

I would suggest you to try these steps to see if it resolves the issue.

• Go to Start > Settings > System.
    • Choose Default apps, then scroll down to
      Web browser.
    • Tap or click the browser that’s currently listed as your default, then choose Chrome from the list of apps

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Jun 11, 2019
Thema:

browser settings

1. browser settings - Similar Threads - browser settings

2. Can't get to settings on windows 10 with a Browser open

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't get to settings on windows 10 with a Browser open: Hi, I have Windows 10 Ver.1809 Build 17763.557. My problem is that when i open a browser Ex. EDGE or IEXPLORER, a can´t open Windows settings and if try right click on desktop and open from there i get error telling me that ms-settings:display has no associated aplication....
  3. Windows Defender Settings App And Browser Control Wont Change to warn

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Settings App And Browser Control Wont Change to warn: Hello, I am trying to have more control over my system and trying to switch the windows smart screen settings to warn instead of block, however whenever I do this, and exit out, when i go back to check the settings have taken affect they revert back to their original block...
  4. How to set Windows 10 Start Menu Search (Cortana) to Computer's Default Browser

in Cortana
    How to set Windows 10 Start Menu Search (Cortana) to Computer's Default Browser: Hi there, I have a Windows 10 computer that I have set to default to Firefox as my web browser. When I use the Cortana search bar and pull up a web result, my system goes to Internet Explorer which is the ultimate enemy! I have found that if I set Edge to the default...
  5. MS Edge: Basic Browser Settings.

in Browsers and Email
    MS Edge: Basic Browser Settings.: The latest changes to the basic settings in MS Edge are just a joke. How did anyone think that what has been implemented could be acceptable in any way? Frankly, I am starting to wonder what 99% of the so-called enhancements are worth. Most of them are just a distraction. Or,...
  6. Cannot set IE as a default browser

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot set IE as a default browser: I want to have IE as a default browser. I am trying to set it using Chrome. I do it in the following way: select Internet Options, then Programs but the Programs tab disappears after that. I uninstalled Internet Explorer and reinstalled it again but nothing has changed...
  7. Random "not responding" happening on browser, File Explorer. Power settings change...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Random "not responding" happening on browser, File Explorer. Power settings change...: Hi! So I've been having a number of random issues. They don't happen all the time. But they happen. File Explorer will try to load - takes forever and then I get the "not responding". I looked online, found some fixes - tried several. Some did nothing. One seemed to work...
  8. if open one browser my laptop is says window license key is expiry as soon go to setting...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    if open one browser my laptop is says window license key is expiry as soon go to setting...: if open one browser my laptop is says window license key is expiry as soon go to setting what shall ido? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/if-open-one-browser-my-laptop-is-says-window/1c0e95a6-bf02-41a6-910c-357eaa77ef45"
  9. Cant login to OneDrive, "We can't sign you in Your browser is currently set to block...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cant login to OneDrive, "We can't sign you in Your browser is currently set to block...: Looked thru this forum and tried several suggestions. Verified that Cookies are enabled in Internet Explorer, Edge, and Firefox. I am able to click on "OneDrive" in the File Explorer, and I can click on a recent file, but files older that several months wont open. I am...
  10. "This setting is managed by your administrator" - Apps & Browser Control under Windows...

in Windows 10 Customization
    "This setting is managed by your administrator" - Apps & Browser Control under Windows...: I noticed this message- "This setting is managed by your administrator" under the Apps & Browser Control in Windows defender settings. Also, the 'check apps and files' option has been disabled (selected OFF). [ATTACH] I need to select the 'Warn' option. This problem is...