Windows 10: browser settings

Discus and support browser settings in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; my bank won't let me into my bill pay because my browser is blocking cookies. how do I change this?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by stewartfaunce, Jun 11, 2019.

1. browser settings

my bank won't let me into my bill pay because my browser is blocking cookies. how do I change this?

:)

stewartfaunce, Jun 11, 2019

2. Unable to set default browser

• Does this issue happens while you try to set other browser as default too or is it specific to specific browser?

Any browser.

Already did the steps you suggested. It's some kind of bug where it's impossible to set a default browser at all.

I heard elsewhere from one other user
    that it seems to be a problem with upgrading to 10 on the SP3. Sounds very specifc.

guustavooo, Jun 11, 2019
  3. Unable to set default browser

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this.

The information which you have provided is not enough for us to determine the issue. Please provide us more information.

• Does this issue happens while you try to set other browser as default too or is it specific to specific browser?

To set Internet Explorer/Edge as a default browser, I suggest you to follow the below given steps:

• Press Windows key and type Default Program in search and hit enter.
    • Select "Set your default programs"
    • Click on “Internet Explorer" or “Edge”.
    • Select "Set this program as default” and Click OK.

Please post back with the results and the information asked, we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Jun 11, 2019
  4. Arun B J Win User

browser settings

Setting Chrome as my default browser - Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

I would suggest you to try these steps to see if it resolves the issue.

• Go to Start > Settings > System.
    • Choose Default apps, then scroll down to
      Web browser.
    • Tap or click the browser that’s currently listed as your default, then choose Chrome from the list of apps

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Jun 11, 2019
Thema:

browser settings

1. browser settings - Similar Threads - browser settings

2. Issues Setting Up Edge Kiosk Browser In Windows 11 via Intune

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues Setting Up Edge Kiosk Browser In Windows 11 via Intune: My organization wants to deploy Kiosk computers that will be available to the public in our waiting rooms, but since the public will be using these computers, we ideally want to use a Kiosk profile so that they are basically only able to browse the web. That being said, we...
  3. Issues Setting Up Edge Kiosk Browser In Windows 11 via Intune

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issues Setting Up Edge Kiosk Browser In Windows 11 via Intune: My organization wants to deploy Kiosk computers that will be available to the public in our waiting rooms, but since the public will be using these computers, we ideally want to use a Kiosk profile so that they are basically only able to browse the web. That being said, we...
  4. Why do some links STILL open with Edge after setting my default browser to NOT edge, even...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do some links STILL open with Edge after setting my default browser to NOT edge, even...: Why do some links STILL open with Edge after setting my default browser to NOT edge, even after the EU ruling in 2010; and dont say its to do with non URLs...
  5. Why do some links STILL open with Edge after setting my default browser to NOT edge, even...

Why do some links STILL open with Edge after setting my default browser to NOT edge, even...: Why do some links STILL open with Edge after setting my default browser to NOT edge, even after the EU ruling in 2010; and dont say its to do with non URLs...
  6. How do I transfer a specific program, e.g., Brave Browser's user profiles, settings, and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I transfer a specific program, e.g., Brave Browser's user profiles, settings, and...: Hi, I'm using windows 10 and want to transfer my web browser - Brave's data to my another computer and I want to keep them same to same. I've 5 profiles of brave in this computer. I want to transfer cookies too, thus I do not have to login sites that were in my old...
  7. How do I transfer a specific program, e.g., Brave Browser's user profiles, settings, and...

How do I transfer a specific program, e.g., Brave Browser's user profiles, settings, and...: Hi, I'm using windows 10 and want to transfer my web browser - Brave's data to my another computer and I want to keep them same to same. I've 5 profiles of brave in this computer. I want to transfer cookies too, thus I do not have to login sites that were in my old...
  8. How do I transfer a specific program, e.g., Brave Browser's user profiles, settings, and...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Default web browser sets to Edge each time afte reboot

Default web browser sets to Edge each time afte reboot: None of the known solutions works anymore. Change default program to Firefox and it reverts to Edge each time after reboot. I also can't uninstall it. Physically removed all related files but it returned with the next update like a cancer....
  10. Default web browser sets to Edge each time afte reboot

in Windows 10 Customization
    Default web browser sets to Edge each time afte reboot: None of the known solutions works anymore. Change default program to Firefox and it reverts to Edge each time after reboot. I also can't uninstall it. Physically removed all related files but it returned with the next update like a cancer....