Windows 10: browser showing that icon instead of google

Discus and support browser showing that icon instead of google in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Some browser has this problem, i recently clean install, like 2 weeks agoLike opera, google, brave but not for microsoft edge. any solution?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by tanyinqin, Nov 30, 2022.

1. tanyinqin Win User

browser showing that icon instead of google

Some browser has this problem, i recently clean install, like 2 weeks agoLike opera, google, brave but not for microsoft edge. any solution?

:)

tanyinqin, Nov 30, 2022
  2. W1zzard Win User

Techpowerup bookmark icon in firefox?

changed the favicon for the forum
    uploaded a new smaller (bytes) icon for the main site
    added html code to suggest the icon to browsers

but i still cant get it to show up in firefox favourites

W1zzard, Nov 30, 2022
  3. Gowrish_S Win User
    Missing Google Chrome system notification icon.

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please answer these questions for us:

1. Was there any changes made on the computer prior to the issue?
    2. Are you able to see other notification icons?
    3. Have you tested the issue on a different user account?
    Please try this step and let us know:

As you have already tried enabling the settings in Google Chrome and Windows 10, I would suggest you to create a new user account by following the

link
    and test the issue.

Note- The notification icon will be missing if you access the Google Chrome in Incognito mode. Please access the browser in normal mode.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Gowrish S

Microsoft Community –Moderator

Gowrish_S, Nov 30, 2022
  4. browser showing that icon instead of google

Google Plans a Web-browser, To be called Google Chrome

If googles browser is going to be anything like their search engine is getting No Thanks. I can't even use google.com basic setup without getting popup suggestions while I'm typing what I want to search. Google was nice because it was basic, simple, easy, worked.

Darkrealms, Nov 30, 2022
Thema:

browser showing that icon instead of google

1. browser showing that icon instead of google - Similar Threads - browser showing icon

2. browser showing that icon instead of google

in Windows 10 Gaming
    browser showing that icon instead of google: Some browser has this problem, i recently clean install, like 2 weeks agoLike opera, google, brave but not for microsoft edge. any solution? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/browser-showing-that-icon-instead-of-google/8c4486a3-e32d-402e-b1cd-28f2cb40ca7d
  3. Icons on Task Bar not showing correctly. Instead, it's showing a generic icon for applications.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icons on Task Bar not showing correctly. Instead, it's showing a generic icon for applications.: This is what I'm seeing on my task bar:Most of the icons for my programs are showing some type of generic icon like the one circled in yellow. This happened randomly. How do I get the proper icons to display?...
  4. Icons on Task Bar not showing correctly. Instead, it's showing a generic icon for applications.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Icons on Task Bar not showing correctly. Instead, it's showing a generic icon for applications.: This is what I'm seeing on my task bar:Most of the icons for my programs are showing some type of generic icon like the one circled in yellow. This happened randomly. How do I get the proper icons to display?...
  5. Some apps not showing proper icon instead they are showing photos file icon .

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Some apps not showing proper icon instead they are showing photos file icon .: [ATTACH] This is coming even though my windows updated till : 2021-03 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 20H2 for x64-based Systems...
  6. Google as a browser

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Google as a browser: I was using Edge as my browser, then switched to Google Chrome as I could not get into two portals without it. I didn't like chrome, and would like to get the plain Google for my browser - can it be done?...
  7. "Showing results for", "Search instead for" missing in Google results

in Browsers and Email
    "Showing results for", "Search instead for" missing in Google results: Up until recently, when it met the criteria to illicit such a response, I got those suggestions when running a Firefox google search. Now, It only happens in Chrome. I thought it might have something to do with an alteration in my Google account settings, but if that was...
  8. Generic icons showing instead of pictures

in Windows 10 Customization
    Generic icons showing instead of pictures: I am a Windows 10 user. Some of the icons are not showing pictures on the thumbnails, just a generic icon. Other images are showing. It's a mixture. The correct view options are checked/unchecked and the problem persist on any size icon. Can you help me with this issue?...
  9. How to show thumbnails instead of icons?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to show thumbnails instead of icons?: How do I show thumbnails instead of icons? I have it configured under VIEW. And also under PERFORMANCE OPTIONS. However it doesn't work. I still get icons and not thumbnails. [ATTACH] [ATTACH]...
  10. Google other language not showing in browser

in Browsers and Email
    Google other language not showing in browser: Dear friends, i am using windows 10. And i am using opera browser. But i can't able to see these languages. How to enable. Why it comes?. How to change. Plse tell me. Thanks. [img] 11649