Windows 10: Browser suddenly open and direct to adv site

Discus and support Browser suddenly open and direct to adv site in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Today i downloaded some trainer from mediadisk1.net, after opening the trainer my av quarantine so i ignore that because trainer always detected by av... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by mikelferdinan, Feb 3, 2017.

1. Browser suddenly open and direct to adv site

Today i downloaded some trainer from mediadisk1.net, after opening the trainer my av quarantine so i ignore that because trainer always detected by av as usual. Its begin my browser opening by itself and direct me to adv site.
    Besides injecting adware its possible this virus install key logger on my computer ?
    Bad news is i dont have restore points. Should i reinstall my windows ?
    Thanks

:)

mikelferdinan, Feb 3, 2017

2. changing default search engine to google from Bing in IE Edge

The trick is;

Open Edge 1st.

Within Edge's search box, type Google.com.

Use Edge's adv settings to add as Google as default.

The browsers opening as above is the little trick but it should not have to be that obscure.

Edge 1st then Google.com in the Edge search box, then add in Edge's adv settings.

The last contributor provided the hint.

If the directions given were this straight forward it would be a cinch.

Please consider closed if everyone agrees.

Peter D. N., Feb 3, 2017
  3. Openikng embedded links in Windows Live using Firefox as browser

I am suddenly unable to open embedded links from Windows Mail as of today - yesterday worked fine. Could someone please direct me to where I might find a solution. I am using Windows 10 and Firefox is my preferred browser. Thanks

JennyDowde, Feb 3, 2017
  4. Browser suddenly open and direct to adv site

Otongsitolo,

Let's get some information as to what is in your system...

Please use the Farbar Recovery Scan Tool Download
    Save FRST to your Desktop.

[Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system: 32 bit or 64 bit]

Double-click FRST to run it.

When the tool opens click Yes to the disclaimer.

Next, press the Scan button.

When done, the tool makes a log (FRST.txt) on the Desktop.
    Also, the first time the tool is run, it makes another log: (Addition.txt).

Please attach the results of both reports in your reply.

cottonball, Feb 3, 2017
Thema:

Browser suddenly open and direct to adv site

1. Browser suddenly open and direct to adv site - Similar Threads - Browser suddenly open

2. Browser opening up on start up with a site

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Browser opening up on start up with a site: Today I started up my PC and my Chrome opened with an ad. I tried all the advice I found- disable browser from Start Up in Task Managertried, but the browser isn't there, because it was never allowed to to begin with, checking site settings and extensions, changing the...
  3. Site's video links don't open in Win 10 browsers

in Browsers and Email
    Site's video links don't open in Win 10 browsers: For the past few days, I've been getting an email newsletter from Brownstone Research. Those newsletters typically contain a links to a video or two. With my iPad Mini 2, the latter play in Safari, but on my Win 10 desktop the loading spiral appears for an instant, then...
  4. Open URLs directly from Start Menu in your Default Browser

in Windows 10 Customization
    Open URLs directly from Start Menu in your Default Browser: Hello Microsoft Community When I try to open URLs from Windows 10 Start Menu, it will open up the link in Microsoft Edge browser, instead of my default browser. Is there a way to change this? and also is there a way to change default start menu web search engine instead of...
  5. Suddenly Slow Browsers

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Suddenly Slow Browsers: I’m not sure what at all changed but all of my browsers are suddenly running slow. My laptop is up to date and I haven’t downloaded anything recently or made any usage changes but my my browsers went from instantly loading pages and being able to handle several tabs open to...
  6. Web browser keeps directing me to a site telling me my PC is affected

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Web browser keeps directing me to a site telling me my PC is affected: I was browsing on my new laptop when the screen was suddenly taken over by this web address https://****ssistance.site/redeix01-fgdf564564-vbbcv46-dsf56d4f56dxv-cxc564x-dfdsfds646xcx-xds7fs8456x-xxvx564x56ds-fvxdds49874/act/edgx01/. The following appears on the screen with a...
  7. Edge browser direct links

in Browsers and Email
    Edge browser direct links: My direct links in Edge browser suddenly stopped working on the 22nd. I found Shawn’s page & downloaded the MS reg file (Enable_Preload_Start_and_New_Tab_page_in_Microsoft_Edge), which worked for 5 or 6 times as a direct link to open the website then reverted back to having...
  8. why is FireFox (and Google) suddenly directing searches to a PUP site?

in Browsers and Email
    why is FireFox (and Google) suddenly directing searches to a PUP site?: Staritng about yesterday, MalwareBytes Anti-Malware keeps blocking search results, because the search result wants to bring up mps.eanswers.com. I'm using FireFox V 63.0, 64-bit version. I edited FireFox preferences to remove all search engines except Google from my search...
  9. Web Browser Crash on Certain Sites

in Browsers and Email
    Web Browser Crash on Certain Sites: TL;DR - All web browser close when I try to log into my WoW account ( Battle.net Account Login ) On Tuesday, 05Jul16, morning I tried to open my battle.net launcher and it stated that I couldn't connect to the battle.net severs. I went onto the blizzard forums and tried to...
  10. Browsers will not connect to DYNDNS sites

in Browsers and Email
    Browsers will not connect to DYNDNS sites: Hi I have a DNS account, the access works fine from my phone, tablet and mac. However when I try to connect via any browser on my Windows 10 machine its unable to connect. Any ideas? Cheers Phil 79672