Windows 10: Browser switches to prior screen on its own

Discus and support Browser switches to prior screen on its own in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I run Windows 10 on an HP laptop that is about 6 months old, running an intel Core i7, 8th generation, processor. This issue is on Google browser - it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by R.Jones2, Aug 3, 2020.

1. R.Jones2 Win User

Browser switches to prior screen on its own

I run Windows 10 on an HP laptop that is about 6 months old, running an intel Core i7, 8th generation, processor. This issue is on Google browser - it might be an issue for other browsers as well, I don't know since I generally only use Google on this device. When I am on a screen, the window will switch, on its own, back to the prior screen. There is no way to move forward to get back to the screen I was last on when the switch occurs, it is as if I never went to the most recent screen.

Example: I am on screen A, I click through a link to get to screen B. While on B, without me appearing to have done anything except move the cursor, the screen will change back to A. No drop-down appears, or any messages indicating the screen is going to change. When you look to the upper left corner of the browser, after it changes to the prior screen, to the go forward/back arrows, the arrows will not be active to go forward - as if I had never moved forward to screen B. Hope this makes sense?

I run AVG anti-virus, Windows Defender, as well as IOBit anti-malware. I had an attached USB mouse, but recently changed because, on occasion, that mouse's right click would act as a left-click and right-click at the same time meaning when I did a right-click it would both open the new window AS WELL AS ACT AS A LEFT-CLICK ON A LINK AND CHANGE THE CURRENT WINDOW TO THE NEW WINDOW AT THE SAME TIME - the end result being I had two windows open of the exact same screen, as if the right-click were acting both as a right and left-click. Hope that makes sense?. I switched to an Xtreme wireless mouse, and about a week after installing the new mouse the switch-back problem began to occur.

I have run full virus scans not only with AVG, but also with HP, as well as anti-malware scans with three different programs, as well as a Windows Defender full scan. Nothing was found. All were, at the time of the scans, up to date. Help?

:)

R.Jones2, Aug 3, 2020
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Page scrolling on its own

Hi Kathleen,

It is possible that your Touchpad scroll on its own due to corrupted system files. To assist you better, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Does this happen when using Facebook through a web browser or Facebook app?
    • Have you tried using another browser?
    • Have you tried performing a full scan?

We're looking forward to your response.

Rose Cal, Aug 3, 2020
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    mouse moves and clicks on its own

Hi,

Regarding your concern about mouse issues, we would like to know some additional information to better assist you with your concern:

• Have you done any changes on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Have you tried using a different mouse?
    • Are you using a wired or wireless mouse?
    • Did you get any error messages?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

You can try the troubleshooting steps provided by Cesar Castaño and other members on this

link
    and see if it will work.

We will wait for your response.

Remon Ont, Aug 3, 2020
  4. Browser switches to prior screen on its own

Screen Stretch All On Its Own

Hi,

Please answer the below questions to assist you better.

1. What is the make and model of the computer?

2. Did you make any changes in the computer settings prior to this issue?

I suggest you to reinstall the display drivers on your computer and check if it helps. Refer the below steps to update the driver.

• Press “Windows + X” and select Device manager.
    • Select Display Adapter and expand the driver icon.
    • Right click on the driver icon and click on Uninstall.
    • Install the latest drivers from the manufacturer website.
    • Follow the onscreen instructions to update the driver.
    • Restart the computer and check if the issue is resolved.

Hope this information is helpful. Please get back to us with the information required, if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Aug 3, 2020
Thema:

Browser switches to prior screen on its own

1. Browser switches to prior screen on its own - Similar Threads - Browser switches prior

2. Browser redirect on its' own to a malware site.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Browser redirect on its' own to a malware site.: My computer has Windows 8.1 with Mozilla Firefox as internet browser and is protected by ESET NOD32 Antivirus 8.When connected to the internet email, news, youtube, etc., I receive ESET notifications that a website was blocked http://survey-smiles.com IP Address:...
  3. User Profile Switched on its own

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User Profile Switched on its own: I recently signed on to my Dell All in One PC and noticed that my wallpaper and desktop were no longer what they were before. After more searching I saw that all the user folders Pictures, Documents, etc were all empty as if this were a new account. So i checked the C://Users...
  4. User Profile Switched on its own

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    User Profile Switched on its own: I recently signed on to my Dell All in One PC and noticed that my wallpaper and desktop were no longer what they were before. After more searching I saw that all the user folders Pictures, Documents, etc were all empty as if this were a new account. So i checked the C://Users...
  5. User Profile Switched on its own

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Mouse is switching from right to left on its own.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse is switching from right to left on its own.: Suddenly my mouse is switching from right to left on its own. Same thing started happening to my office mate. Was this caused by a recent Windows update?...
  7. Pc Blue Screen Or Restarting On Its Own

Pc Blue Screen Or Restarting On Its Own: So since this morning my pc has constantly not been able to load into windows properly it either straight up freezes, It restarts itself or blue screen does anyone have any clue why this is happening...
  8. screen moving on its own

screen moving on its own: yesterday i started to have a problem where my screen starts moving up and down or forward and backward on its own. does anyone know how to fix this? i notice it particularly when i am in my Outlook calendar. i'll open it up to look at a particular month and it starts moving...
  9. Screen dimming and brightening on its own.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Screen dimming and brightening on its own.: My monitor seems to be dimming and brightening on its own. My system is a desktop with a monitor which is really a flatscreen tv. Everytime I close out something the screen dims. When I open up something it brightens again but it may not stay bright. When doing MS Word it...
  10. Lock screen bypassed on its own?

in Windows 10 Support
    Lock screen bypassed on its own?: Hello, Recently i notice that i am not being presented with the lock screen initially before the login screen. I don't recall doing anything to bypass the lock screen. Any idea how to get the lock screen back please? Thanks, Troy. 20680