Windows 10: Browser Trials

Discus and support Browser Trials in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I would try Vivaldi, but as its chrome based it probably has the same problem that I have with emails and chrome. If I get an email with information on... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by elbmek, Jul 7, 2016.

1. elbmek Win User

Browser Trials

I would try Vivaldi, but as its chrome based it probably has the same problem that I have with emails and chrome. If I get an email with information on for my research (hobby) - Chrome cuts the text out AND the background behind the text so I have to put it into word or notepad then cut it again to paste into my webs. Sample:

http://www.mikekemble.uk/altae.html

elbmek, Jul 12, 2016
  2. altae Win User

Well it's based on Chrome but it's not exactly Chrome. So giving it a try cannot hurt.

altae, Jul 13, 2016
  3. elbmek Win User
    I give up!! IE11 has gone stupid. Opened up pc today and IE11 has removed all my saved passes, and does not even recognise my recently changed ones as valid. Back on Chrome for now until blood pressure subsides. so will now have a look at Vivaldi (its russian isnt it??)

elbmek, Jul 13, 2016
  4. elbmek Win User

Browser Trials

Well, I have defaulted Vivaldi, after a lot of work and the removal of quite a few ad cookies embedded. Vivaldi is fast, I like the home screen as well as speed dial, changed search to google, I don't like being told what to do eg: bing. Running quite well, but not tried the cut and paste problem that is prevalent in Chrome. Imagine its probably here too. Nice browser all the same.

Struggling with setting up bookmarks

elbmek, Jul 14, 2016
  5. altae Win User
    Nope, they are from Oslo, Norway.

Glad you like it, it's really a nice browser, I like software that offers lot's of settings, gives me the chance to adapt it to my preferences. Currently I'm switching back and forth between Firefox and Vivaldi, Firefox still being the default browser. But if Vivaldi keeps evolving this might change soon.

altae, Jul 14, 2016
  6. CountMike New Member
    CountMike, Jul 14, 2016
  7. altae Win User
    The browser comes from Oslo, Norway, the company that develops it is located there (take a look at their website). I know Vivaldi was a musician in Italy. But we are not talking about the musician here, we are talking about the browser which is called Vivaldi.

According to the website, that's their address:
    Norway
    c/o Det Lille AS
    P.O. Box 7008 Majorstuen
    0306 Oslo

altae, Jul 14, 2016
  8. elbmek Win User

Browser Trials

I rather think Mike was being obstocalous!!*Cool

elbmek, Jul 14, 2016
  9. CountMike New Member
    I might agree if I knew what it means !!!

CountMike, Jul 14, 2016
  10. altae Win User
    Well I tried but neither Oxford nor any other dictionary seems to know that word *Wink Should it mean something like irony? Sarcasm? Or something along the lines of smart-a..?

altae, Jul 14, 2016
  11. CountMike New Member
    If it's about me, it usually starts with smart but A is not out of question either.

CountMike, Jul 14, 2016
  12. elbmek Win User
    Altae - its sarcastic nonsense

FOUND A BUG in Vivaldi

No cursor in Facebook when replying or typing a post

elbmek, Jul 15, 2016
  13. altae Win User

Browser Trials

That's very well possible, the browser has only been out for a relatively short time compared to it's competitors which have been around for years. But I cannot reproduce the error, I don't use Facebook.

altae, Jul 15, 2016
  14. elbmek Win User
    I use FB because I run a group for former and present Regimental soldiers and such. But also I run a local darts league group, so kept busy.

elbmek, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Browser Trials

1. Browser Trials - Similar Threads - Browser Trials

2. Why does Windows 11 Start/Search default to Edge browser regardless of what browser I have...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does Windows 11 Start/Search default to Edge browser regardless of what browser I have...: Why does Windows 11 Start/Search default to Edge browser regardless of what browser I have set as default? I have also tried setting the links to the alternative browser but still, it opens Edge browser....
  3. Why does Windows 11 Start/Search default to Edge browser regardless of what browser I have...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does Windows 11 Start/Search default to Edge browser regardless of what browser I have...: Why does Windows 11 Start/Search default to Edge browser regardless of what browser I have set as default? I have also tried setting the links to the alternative browser but still, it opens Edge browser....
  4. Can I just have a google browser for my own search? I don't need Bing or Microsoft Edge as...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I just have a google browser for my own search? I don't need Bing or Microsoft Edge as...: I just want my startup browser to be google not the microsoft edge browser nor Bing. Very annoying. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-just-have-a-google-browser-for-my-own-search/4a7d21a3-2bf0-445e-afdc-c1eaff62322a
  5. Can I just have a google browser for my own search? I don't need Bing or Microsoft Edge as...

Can I just have a google browser for my own search? I don't need Bing or Microsoft Edge as...: I just want my startup browser to be google not the microsoft edge browser nor Bing. Very annoying. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-just-have-a-google-browser-for-my-own-search/4a7d21a3-2bf0-445e-afdc-c1eaff62322a
  6. Can I use the lockdown browser for the surface go 3?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I use the lockdown browser for the surface go 3?: Hello, I have a surface go 3 and I would like to know if I can use this laptop to write an exam with the lockdown browser. Will there be any problems if I do that and should I avoid using this laptopt? is there any possibility it will crash?...
  7. Can I use the lockdown browser for the surface go 3?

Can I use the lockdown browser for the surface go 3?: Hello, I have a surface go 3 and I would like to know if I can use this laptop to write an exam with the lockdown browser. Will there be any problems if I do that and should I avoid using this laptopt? is there any possibility it will crash?...
  8. I uploaded pictures in some browsers web they show parameter error 613 what i should do now...

I uploaded pictures in some browsers web they show parameter error 613 what i should do now...: I uploaded pictures in some browsers web they show parameter error 613 what i should do now kindly help me i use this web through mn mobile huawei...
  9. I uploaded pictures in some browsers web they show parameter error 613 what i should do now...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I uploaded pictures in some browsers web they show parameter error 613 what i should do now...: I uploaded pictures in some browsers web they show parameter error 613 what i should do now kindly help me i use this web through mn mobile huawei...
  10. Can't get Edge Browser on New Hard Drive Trial Period Expired!

in Browsers and Email
    Can't get Edge Browser on New Hard Drive Trial Period Expired!: As I had a spare copy of Win 7 (upgrade version) I decided to configure a new Hard Drive (Which I have on swappable pull out trays) So to make sure there were no bugs or glitches, this is what I did. (1) Formatted the Drive (2) Clean Install of Win XP (3) Clean...