Windows 10: Browser Using Lots of Resources

Discus and support Browser Using Lots of Resources in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Long ago, in a galaxy far, far away, I was introduced to computers and then the Internet. Not long after that I found out about "cookies" and how they... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by BillTillman, May 20, 2020.

1. Browser Using Lots of Resources

Long ago, in a galaxy far, far away, I was introduced to computers and then the Internet. Not long after that I found out about "cookies" and how they interacted with your browser. The more I studied this the more I saw what an advertiser's dream this must be, even though it was kindly accepted that no one would abuse this and take unfair advantage. Well that was long ago. So recently, I've been rebuilding my computer on a regular basis and what I notice is that the computer seems to work fine, until I open Edge, FireFox or Chrome and the more specifically when I log into my email account with yahoo and gmail. Then I begin to hear the fans inside the computer whir up their RPM's and I notice a definite degradation in performance. So are the sales people at google and yahoo so hell bent on getting every last dollar out of us users that they basically high jack our PC's and we're just stuck with it?

:)

BillTillman, May 20, 2020

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, May 20, 2020
  3. Can you recommend non resource hungry browser.

Midori.

Blue-Knight, May 20, 2020
  4. Browser Using Lots of Resources

defualt browser

Hi Llyan,

If you're having issues with setting a default browser, it can be due to some changes in the configuration settings. To assist you with your concern, we recommend that you set your preferred browser as the default by following the steps listed below:

• Type Settings in the Search bar and press
      Enter
    • Choose System then click on Default apps.
    • Scroll down, and click Set defaults by app option.
    • Click on your preferred browser, then click Choose defaults for this program.
    • Click Select all, then Save.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Eileen Gal, May 20, 2020
Thema:

Browser Using Lots of Resources

1. Browser Using Lots of Resources - Similar Threads - Browser Using Lots

2. Ennserver.exe uses a lot of resources. What is it and can I delete it?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Ennserver.exe uses a lot of resources. What is it and can I delete it?: When running programmes on my computer I find that they constantly freeze and when I examine task manager I find the ennserver.exe and system interrupts are taking up resources.I understand that system interrupts is a Windows 10 feature but what is ennserver.exe and can I...
  3. Ennserver.exe uses a lot of resources. What is it and can I delete it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ennserver.exe uses a lot of resources. What is it and can I delete it?: When running programmes on my computer I find that they constantly freeze and when I examine task manager I find the ennserver.exe and system interrupts are taking up resources.I understand that system interrupts is a Windows 10 feature but what is ennserver.exe and can I...
  4. Ennserver.exe uses a lot of resources. What is it and can I delete it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. MsMpEng.exe consumes a lot of resources

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    MsMpEng.exe consumes a lot of resources: Hi guys ive had it with this defender MpMsENG.exe . its a very frustrating exe to deal with . Ive done several things with it , as per this group suggestions , and the solutions are all temporary at best as inevitably thus stupid file returns and starts messing the CPU usage...
  6. Lots of resources being used

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Lots of resources being used: I have up to 45% of my CPU and 70-85% of my RAM in use (I have 8 GB) just by doing low end tasks. Looking in task manager, I know for a fact that ~6GB of RAM is not being used by Discord and Chrome. Windows should barely use any of that. I've been suspicious of bloatware...
  7. my microsoft teams is using a lot more resources than usual today

my microsoft teams is using a lot more resources than usual today: ususally my microsft teams takes about 1%-5% of my cpu, but today i launched it, it took way longer than usual to open and now it's using around 20% of my cpu and my laptop is reaching 60 degrees, any ideas how to fix that? submitted by /u/KARLmemes [link] [comments]...
  8. Windows updated on my ThinkPad T570, using a lot of resources now

Windows updated on my ThinkPad T570, using a lot of resources now: I have been learning Django and Python 3. Nothing has changed but updating my system. I usually have Adobe PDF reader open, Atom and Power Shell running. Prior to update this used about 4 out of the 15gb’s of Ram. Now it’s using closer to 6.5 once I open Firefox it shows...
  9. Bluescreens and a lot of browser crashes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bluescreens and a lot of browser crashes: Hello tenforums, I build my PC 2 months ago and get bluescreens almost every day. It only happens when I'm browsing the internet (it has never happened while playing video games). My browser also randomly crashes no matter which one I use. I'm no tech expert so it would be...
  10. Outlook 2016 using lots of resources

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 2016 using lots of resources: I have a Dell Alien that was on Win 7 Pro 64bit. I upgraded a couple of weeks ago to Win 10 Pro 64bit. I have what I think MS calls Office 365. The subscription model that lets you run Office on multiple machines. Last weekend I upgraded from Office 2013 to 2016. I primarily...