Windows 10: Browser windows and tabs open randomly in Edge, Firefox and Chrome

Discus and support Browser windows and tabs open randomly in Edge, Firefox and Chrome in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Greetings, I started having this problem around the time I installed the Windows 10 Home 1909 version, build 18363.535. Web browser tabs are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ChrisMawdsley1, Jan 6, 2020.

1. Browser windows and tabs open randomly in Edge, Firefox and Chrome

Greetings,

I started having this problem around the time I installed the Windows 10 Home 1909 version, build 18363.535.

Web browser tabs are opening without user input. e.g. if I'm working in Firefox, the tab I am in will open my home page. Seemingly, in Edge, a new window opens. As I am typing this, new Edge windows are opening.

I have tried:

Windows Update

Windows Security full scan

Malware Bytes full scans

Malware Bytes ADW Cleaner

Removing browser extensions

Disabling mouse and touchpad drivers

Cleaning the registry CCleaner

Where to next, please?

Hardware:
    Acer Aspire A315-54

Intel i5-10210U @ 1.60 GHz

64 bit OS, x64-based processor

No pen or touch display

Windows:

WIndows 10 Home

Version 1909

OS Build 18363.535

Thanks in advance,

Chris

:)

ChrisMawdsley1, Jan 6, 2020
  2. Mussels Win User

Google Chrome Overtakes Mozilla Firefox in Browser Market-share: StatCounter

i use chrome for my secondary browser, and i've seen hundreds of processes for it.

the only thing firefox pisses me off with, is when i close it and all tabs and something else reopens it (say, starcraft II opens a browser page cause i clicked something in the game that opens my bnet account page) firefox forgets allllll about recently opened tabs, and i lose all that history.

doesnt happen with chrome.

edit: i wonder if the mobile market has anything to do with this? does the mobile version of the browser count in these statistics?

Mussels, Jan 6, 2020
  3. How do I make Firefox my default browser on a Windows 10 laptop

Step 5 is incorrect; when I go to choose an app, the only choices are Edge, IE, or Chrome; Firefox is not listed.

BruceEmory, Jan 6, 2020
  4. Naito Win User

Browser windows and tabs open randomly in Edge, Firefox and Chrome

Explorer, Chrome or Firefox ?

Not that IE is my main browser (Firefox is), but Adblock Plus is available for IE now. Alternatively you can use custom Tracking Protection lists to perform a similar function. Personally, I find IE very good, but Firefox is slightly better for my use (also it's a habit). In my own personal testing, Chrome used twice memory of Firefox with exactly the same tabs open (due to the way it manages processes). Some people have experienced many issues with Firefox, but I rarely ever do.

Naito, Jan 6, 2020
Thema:

Browser windows and tabs open randomly in Edge, Firefox and Chrome

1. Browser windows and tabs open randomly in Edge, Firefox and Chrome - Similar Threads - Browser tabs open

2. wierd font in all browsers!! Edge, Firefox, Chrome

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wierd font in all browsers!! Edge, Firefox, Chrome: Hi there.I'm Frontend Developer. Some websites such as nextjs.org had wierd font. In some my emails this font applied. I have no idea what it is! I tryed many ways to fix this. install windows again some doing registry setting and no diffrent. when I use vite technology for...
  3. wierd font in all browsers!! Edge, Firefox, Chrome

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    wierd font in all browsers!! Edge, Firefox, Chrome: Hi there.I'm Frontend Developer. Some websites such as nextjs.org had wierd font. In some my emails this font applied. I have no idea what it is! I tryed many ways to fix this. install windows again some doing registry setting and no diffrent. when I use vite technology for...
  4. wierd font in all browsers!! Edge, Firefox, Chrome

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Chrome and Firefox browsers close, Edge unaffected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Chrome and Firefox browsers close, Edge unaffected: Directly following Microsoft Defender Antivirus cloud protection's gathering of additional security intelligence, both Firefox and Chrome browsers close.This happens multiple times a day, and is a recurring issue that has been going on for months.Edge is unaffected, and "just...
  6. Chrome and Firefox browsers close, Edge unaffected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Chrome and Firefox browsers close, Edge unaffected: Directly following Microsoft Defender Antivirus cloud protection's gathering of additional security intelligence, both Firefox and Chrome browsers close.This happens multiple times a day, and is a recurring issue that has been going on for months.Edge is unaffected, and "just...
  7. Chrome and Firefox browsers close, Edge unaffected

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. FTP not working in Chrome, Firefox or Edge browser

in Windows 10 News
    FTP not working in Chrome, Firefox or Edge browser: [ATTACH]If FTP is not working in your Chrome, Firefox or Edge browser on Windows PC, and you are looking for resolution, then you have come to the right place. We decided to write this post since we received emails asking us why FTP was not working in their browser. You...
  9. Browsers hanging/freezing : edge , chrome .firefox

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Browsers hanging/freezing : edge , chrome .firefox: On my pc browsers keep on freezing again and again , I have cleared all the cache and removed all the data from browsers by resetting them . when browsers freeze other applications on pc work fine...
  10. Chrome tabs and browsers

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome tabs and browsers: I have a new HP laptop and I am running an extra screen. One the extra screen, I have 2 Chrome browsers with multiple different tabs on each browser. I have a Chrome browser on the laptop with different tabs. I would like that desktop set-up to be the same when I restart or...