Windows 10: Browser windows flashing black

Discus and support Browser windows flashing black in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I have a brand new PC with W10 installed and my browser windows flash completely black both Edge and Chrome. It happens very consistently, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by milachka, Jul 13, 2020.

1. milachka Win User

Browser windows flashing black

Hi, I have a brand new PC with W10 installed and my browser windows flash completely black both Edge and Chrome.

It happens very consistently, but not only, at this site, and I don't have this issue on another W10 PC. It suffices to go to the next or previous message on this board.

https://investorshub.advfn.com/boards/read_msg.aspx?message_id=156850962

Details:

If I have both Edge and Chrome open at the same time, only the browser window I'm active in flashes black.

If I have 2 Edge windows open at the same time, the window I'm active in flashes black and the other window also flashes.

Only the browser windows flash, the rest of the screen stays normal.

Motherboard: ASRock A300

Processor: AMD Ryzen 3 3200G

:)

milachka, Jul 13, 2020
  2. Aaron_Sum Win User

Adobe flash will not play Xfinity stream on Win10pro

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing an issue with Xfinity stream due to Adobe Flash player. We will look into this for you. However, in order to get clarity and to assist you with appropriate steps, please reply with the answers to
    the questions below.

1. Which browser are you facing this issue with, apart from Firefox?
    2. Have you checked if the Flash player is enabled on your browser?
    3. Was there any major change or an update on your system, prior to which you weren’t facing this issue?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it is helpful to you.

Steps to unblock Adobe Flash Player:

1. Login to Xfinity streaming on your browser.
    2. If there is a lock sign on the left or right end of the URL/address bar, click on it.
    3. Scroll down to find Adobe Flash Player and click on Unblock.
    4. You should be able to stream once the Flash Player is Unblocked.

I would also suggest you to refer the article on
    Flash Player Help
    by Adobe and check if it is helpful to you.

Kindly follow the suggestions and get back to us with the results.

We await your response.

Aaron Summith

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aaron_Sum, Jul 13, 2020
  3. Bree Win User
    Installing Flash opens Chrome instead of default browser

I use IE, Edge and Firefox, with IE as default browser. Edge/IE of course get Flash through Windows Update but periodically I have to install Flash for Firefox. I can confirm that the expected behaviour of the Flash installer is, on completion, to open your default browser at a page saying...
    This is just an advert, not a necessary step in the install, but it is labelled as 'Step 3 of 3'. Steps 1 and 2 were seen in Firefox, the browser I started the install from, as the first two steps in installing/updating Flash. The install requires the browser to be restarted to be complete, so it opens the 'Step 3' page itself in the default browser. It has always amused me that it opens IE and not the Firefox I was installing it for.

I don't have Chrome, so can't test the behaviour described, but I have never seen anything other than my default browser open. I've just tested reinstalling Flash in Firefox, only IE opened on completion.

4. Argel Obm Win User

Screen flashes black when viewing a YouTube video

Hi Cody,

We need to gather more information for us to better assist you on your screen concern. Kindly answer these questions:

• Were there any changes made on your computer before encountering the flashing black screen issue?
    • Are you using a laptop or a desktop? If you're using a laptop, does your screen flashes black when using the built-in monitor? If you're using a desktop, do you experience the issue when using other monitors?
    • Does the issue only occur when you play YouTube videos?
    • Are you experiencing the flashing black screen issue while watching YouTube videos in full screen mode or while in window mode?
    • Do you experience the same concern when playing YouTube videos using other web browsers?

The issue may be occurring because of an incompatible application or the display driver is outdated. While we wait for the answers to our questions, kindly follow the steps found in this
    link. The article will provide you the steps that can usually resolve screen flickering issue in Windows

We await for your response.

Argel Obm, Jul 13, 2020
Thema:

1. Browser windows flashing black - Similar Threads - Browser flashing black

2. White and black flash

in Windows 10 Gaming
    White and black flash: Whenever I go on chrome, IT goes white and then black for less than a second.I don't really mind since chrome still works well even if it goes like that.I just want to know the problem.Problem persists in-edge-file explorer-chrome- a few more appsMy apps still work very well,...
  3. White and black flash

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    White and black flash: Whenever I go on chrome, IT goes white and then black for less than a second.I don't really mind since chrome still works well even if it goes like that.I just want to know the problem.Problem persists in-edge-file explorer-chrome- a few more appsMy apps still work very well,...
  4. Windows flashes black on startup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows flashes black on startup: Windows flashes on startup, only the taskbar, and almost only when I restart my computer. Does anyone have a similar issue or know how to fix this? Please tell me. Footage includedhttps://youtu.be/GBhjtMMKShU...
  5. black flashing screen

in Windows 10 Support
    black flashing screen: so a while ago l posted what l thought to be a discord issue, but now l think its a windows issue.. basically my screen would turn off/flash while playing on a certain game while on discord or only just using discord.. a few days back l decided to check power settings.. and...
  6. Screen Flashing Black

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen Flashing Black: My screen turns black whenever my mouse is over something that can be clicked. This only occurs after my computer wakes up from being asleep. If it has been powered down it is fine....
  7. Screen flashing black

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Screen flashing black: Good day, I have recently started using my laptop and for some reason my screen will go black for a second and then immediately come back on when I press anything. I've noticed it happens almost every single time in Word whenever I drag two fingers along the trackpad, and...
  8. Black Screen Flashing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black Screen Flashing: Hello ! Now I am not sure if this is strictly related to windows , it's just a thought ... For a few weeks I keep getting black screen from time to time , it just lasts 1-2 seconds but it's annoying as hell . I've tried updating and reinstalling my graphic card but nothing...
  9. Black flashing sceen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Black flashing sceen: My computer screen is black with only the date, time & test icon flashing on the bottom taskbar. Can anyone help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-flashing-sceen/b7d33aeb-d11b-4237-b12d-06312cd9c639
  10. Flashing black screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Flashing black screen: Hi I have an issue whereby whenever I click on something or insert a device into the USB drive my laptop screen flashes high contrast colors despite the fact that I have already disabled the feature in the settings menu....