Windows 10: Browser won't open ANY hyperlink...

Discus and support Browser won't open ANY hyperlink... in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; A good friend of mine bought this week a new laptop but... it won't open ANY hyperlink on any site. It just starts up Google as the home page and... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by RingTailCoon, Mar 3, 2019.

1. Browser won't open ANY hyperlink...

A good friend of mine bought this week a new laptop but... it won't open ANY hyperlink on any site. It just starts up Google as the home page and that's it. You can't search with it, you can't click any links. It just does NOTHING! So what to do? What advice can I give him? (Opens facebook btw normally in FF but not in Edge, that's about it...)

:)

RingTailCoon, Mar 3, 2019
  2. dalchina Win User

Hyperlinks not working

Hi, suggest you check these associations:

Browser won't open ANY hyperlink... [​IMG]

(I assume you mean clicking on them doesn't open a browser).

dalchina, Mar 3, 2019
  3. clinking on hyperlink in windows 10 does not open browser

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing. I understand the difficulty with the problem.

As per the description provided, you are unable to open the hyperlinks. Let me find a way to fix this for you.

Method 1:

I suggest you clear the Clear browsing data option
    of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

• Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Edge.
    • Select Settings and click on
      Choose what to clear.
    • Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files
      and click on Clear.

Method 2:

If you are using any Proxy connection, then try disabling the proxy connection and check.

Follow the steps to disable proxy:

• Click the Settings icon at the top right corner in internet explorer.

• Click the Tools
                button, and then click Internet Options.

• Click the
                Connections
                tab, and then click LAN settings.

• Uncheck the box next to “proxy server for your LAN”.

• Click on OK to save the setting and close window.
    Now check the issue by opening Edge.

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

ThofikhAhamad, Mar 3, 2019
  4. Browser won't open ANY hyperlink...

windows 10 hyperlink opening

Hi Steve,

Sorry for the delay in response.

• Do you have Internet Explorer set as a default program?
    • Do you face the issue only with the hyperlinks from an email?
    • On which email application do you face this issue?

We would suggest you to copy the hyperlink or use an hyperlink from a wordpad and check if you face the same issue.

Get back to us with the details to further assist you.

Ravinath P, Mar 3, 2019
Thema:

Browser won't open ANY hyperlink...

1. Browser won't open ANY hyperlink... - Similar Threads - Browser won't open

2. Hyperlinks in Outlook e-mails won't open in Firefox. Any suggestions why and what is solution

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hyperlinks in Outlook e-mails won't open in Firefox. Any suggestions why and what is solution: Having had no problems at all with opening hyperlinks in Outlook e-mails in Firefox my system will not now let me do it. Get a message that refers to my not having permissions and contacting the system administrator.Copying the links into Firefox works fine. but it is...
  3. Hyperlinks in Outlook e-mails won't open in Firefox. Any suggestions why and what is solution

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hyperlinks in Outlook e-mails won't open in Firefox. Any suggestions why and what is solution: Having had no problems at all with opening hyperlinks in Outlook e-mails in Firefox my system will not now let me do it. Get a message that refers to my not having permissions and contacting the system administrator.Copying the links into Firefox works fine. but it is...
  4. Any other browser than Microsoft edge won't open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Any other browser than Microsoft edge won't open: On my computer whenever I open a browser the browser closes itself other than Microsoft edge it will just close then reopen a few times before it starts working properly is there any way to fix this so I can access another browser other than Microsoft edge because whenever I...
  5. Any other browser than Microsoft edge won't open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Any other browser than Microsoft edge won't open: On my computer whenever I open a browser the browser closes itself other than Microsoft edge it will just close then reopen a few times before it starts working properly is there any way to fix this so I can access another browser other than Microsoft edge because whenever I...
  6. Browsers won't open.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Browsers won't open.: I have been having this problem for quite a while. A while ago I was using a surface pro that I still have and I wanted to use a browser other than chrome. I decided to use Opera. I downloaded Opera and used it for a while but one time when I tried to open it, it did its boot...
  7. My browser won't open

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My browser won't open: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/darkdra999 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gm8xvp/my_browser_wont_open/
  8. Is it possible to configure or program a hyperlink to open only in a specific browser.

Is it possible to configure or program a hyperlink to open only in a specific browser.: Hello, My manager asked this question yesterday and all of the information that I have found says, no. But all of the information was several years old, there was nothing current on the question. In our environment, we allow staff to use the browser they like. Most staff...
  9. Browser won't open ANY hyperlink...

in Windows 10 Support
    Browser won't open ANY hyperlink...: A good friend of mine bought this week a new laptop but... it won't open ANY hyperlink on any site. It just starts up Google as the home page and that's it. You can't search with it, you can't click any links. It just does NOTHING! So what to do? What advice can I give him?...
  10. Hyperlinks in outlook will not open

Hyperlinks in outlook will not open: There seem to be many posts with problems in this area, but I have not seen an answer that I can understand and which seems to address my particular problem. i am using Windows 10 with Outlook 2013 and Firefox as my web browser. When i try to open hyperlinks I receive the...